- Face-up artist(s):
- Charm Doll
- Body blushing artist(s):
- Charm Doll
- Date of acquisition:
- January 22, 2018
- Reason for choice:
- The Nastya sculpt was 100% perfect for the character I wanted to shell. The facial structure is uncanny to how I imagined her and the doll just so happened to be the perfect (relative XD) height.
- Best Points:
- • The portrait doesn't do her much justice since it's just a shitty photo I took with my phone, but her face shape is gorgeous. I love her sharp features - she's beautiful, but unconventionally so. She reminds me of a Waterhouse painting.
• Even though her eyewells are pretty dark and hard to photograph without low-dome eyes, the shape has such a mysterious look as-is. Dolls with half-closed eyes are always so expressive.
• I love that her expression is pretty neutral so it seems to change depending on what angle you're looking at her. It has a lot of potential for photostories.
- Worst Points:
- • Since she has half-closed eyewells, she needs low-dome eyes with small irises and I've had trouble finding some in the right color.
• She's very tightly-strung so her posing is a little limited, and I'm too afraid to try to restring her myself.“There are two ways to dehumanize someone: To devalue them, and to idolize them. Both are equally disastrous.”
- Charm Doll
- Head Sculpt:
- Charmdoll 66cm female body
- Default Charm Doll glass eyes
- A long, princessy wig with blunt bangs from Alice’s Collections that I attempted to dye burgundy with Splat (which as you can see didn’t go as intended and it’s now bright pink XD)
- Favourite colours:
- Deep cherry red, burgundy, mauve, pinks and varying shades of roses, violets, cream
- Fashion style(s):
- Her homeland, Ofeilia, is all over the place in terms of its inspirations, which makes for a wardrobe consisting of varied styles spanning across the French and Italian renaissance, early 1900s gypsy fashion, the Victorian era, and your typical “medieval” fantasy anachronistic bullshittery. Think Orlais, but like, American Girl projectile-vomited on the capital.
As female socialites, Jaime and her sisters are expected to behave as role models for girls to emulate, and dress in a way that expresses delicate femininity and modesty, incorporating soft colors and floral designs. Fond as she is of some of these elements - particularly rose patterns and lace - Jaime does oftentimes break these "rules" in favor of more expressive styles.
"Apathy is death."
- Key fashion accessory:
- Venetian masks and roses
- Name story:
- The name "Jaime" just characterizes her really well, ya know? Just sounds like a tragically beautiful, sickly orphan's name. Suitable for heartbroken screaming into the oblivions. Also "Rose" because hyphenated names are gorgeous and so are roses.
- Character age:
- Character gender:
“All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.”
- Offsite roleplay:
- This doll's character is available for offsite roleplay.
Jaime Rose was brought into an incredibly classist world a sickly orphan with little room for aspirations. After 12 years of languishing in the orphanage, she was adopted by no less than the king of Ofeilia and his wife. With little choice in the matter, she was whisked away from a life of squalor into a world of grandeur and luxury beyond even her most vivid dreams' comprehension. What she anticipated was - despite being ripped from her only friends - privilege and freedom from pain and oppression; What she received was involvement in an endless spiral of corruption and raw exploitation in its most dire manifestation.
Besides her precarious position as a socialite expected to act as the model Ofeilian belle amidst a volatile political crisis, Jaime is a very flamboyant, musical-loving dramatic with a penchant for calling random strangers “luv” and “darling”, and the type of person to be readily prepared, silk robe and all, to put on a show when law officials come to her door at three in the morning to inquire about the mysterious death of her third husband. She’s a ride-or-die for anyone who shows her even a moment of compassion, and despite her circumstances, all she really wants is to make someone’s day with her contagious laughter and acidic humor - as someone who’s personally gone through hell and back, Jaime Rose doesn’t want anyone else to feel the way she did. Laughter is the best medicine.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!