Johnny is taller, slimmer, and more lightly built than my other boy Alistair is, so he feels more fragile. He poses better than Alistair does, but does not stand as well. He's an extremely nice doll, particularly since he came from a company that is derided by some as "cheap."
- Face-up artist(s):
- Angel of Dream default
- Modifications artist(s):
- Do I count super-gluing his earring to his head?
- Date of acquisition:
- March 12th, 2016
- Alice's Collections
- Reason for choice:
- This doll was reasonably priced, and I loved his sweet smile.
- Best Points:
- His seams have been sanded already, so he's smooth all over. He's also a superb poser.
- Worst Points:
- He's tall and skinny, and that makes him a little top-heavy. I usually have to prop him up to get him to stand.
- Angel of Dream
- Head Sculpt:
- Tao Hua Dao
- Normal pink
- 45 cm boy body
- 16mm default gray glass eyes
- Rusty tan fur wig from Akasarushi (Etsy shop), size 6-8
- Favourite colours:
- Green, blue, red, and brown
- Fashion style(s):
- Anything goes as long as it's not all pink.
- Key fashion accessory:
- His dad's pocketwatch, the only thing he has from his past life, and a stim necklace, which he uses to break his nail-biting habit.
- Name story:
- I'm a music fan. Johnny got his name from John Entwistle and Bill Haley, two musicians that I like. I got the idea of putting two musicians' names together from a third favorite, Sir Elton John. To make pronunciation of Johnny's surname clear, I tweaked the spelling a bit.
- Character age:
- Character gender:
- 100% male
- Offsite roleplay:
- This doll's character is not available for offsite roleplay.
Regardless of the Martians' reasoning, the change has been very, VERY hard for Johnny. He is kind and loyal, but do to his SAD he's very shy and quiet. Making new friends and settling into a new school have been challenging for him. Things are not helped by the fact that his new hometown is inhabited by elves, leprechauns, and more than a few Martians, one of which he read about in The Martian Chronicles (Ylla). As the only living male in the family, he has also taken it upon himself to be the breadwinner, and that's not easy either since he has to clothe, house, and feed himself and two other people. Despite all this, Johnny is slowly learning to relax around people and overcome the hurdles that have been dropped in his path. The local doctor got him properly diagnosed, and he's now getting the help he needs for his illness. He has succeeded in making a carefully selected group of comrades, and he even has the beginnings of a love life, something he's never had before. Johnny's eye is set on Johanna Skye, though he is completely unaware that she reciprocates his positive feelings. He is devoted to and fiercely protective of Anne and Libby, and he isn't particularly fond of Libby's boyfriend Niki.
If you take out the time travel factor and the mental illness Johnny is still a little on the eccentric side. He is a staunch conservative, a devout Lutheran, and an avid reader. H. G. Wells, Ray Bradbury, Hans Christian Anderson, and J. K. Rowling are his favorite authors. He passionately hates winter and loves springtime; in fact, his dislike of winter is so strong that I sometimes wonder if he's not got seasonal affective disorder as well! Johnny loves music; his favorite artists are Sir Elton John, the Hollies, the Moody Blues, and Electric Light Orchestra. His fondness for Elton John led him to take up the piano and singing, and he's quite good at both, though he's still working on overcoming stage fright. Ylla, who is a music lover, is helping him overcome that last bit. Johnny is also quite interested in girls, though he's still learning how to act around them without tripping over his words. He's a bit of a candy-gobbler, his favorites being HiChew, flying saucers, Licorice Allsorts and Skittles. He collects stuffed animals, which he treats like we treat our ball-jointed dolls. His grail is a Steiff bear, and if I can find one small enough, I plan on making that happen for my Johnny.
Johnny with Ju-hwang, my little Hujoo.
Picture for the "no bare heads" thread.
New TTYA shirt!
Johnny with Marzipan, one of my Ai dolls.
Don't wake Hope!
Ticked because he needs restringing.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!