I discovered Rumpeldoll when Morfeo began arriving home to his new owners after the first sale. At the time I a little sad I'd missed the sale, as the head was beautiful and different, but I was ok not having a random doll. Then a friend suggested he could be Man-Bat in my DC Villain collection....and I became obsessed.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Body blushing artist(s):
- Modifications artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- Body - June 2017, Head - August 2017
- I bought the Dollshe body second-hand in June for another head. When Abaddon became available to order from the artist I jumped on his sale. He got the body when he arrived.
- Reason for choice:
- The older Dollshe bodies are my favorites for hybridizing a 70cm guy, and I already had one. Plus they're both fresh so they matched pretty well!
- Best Points:
- All of them? Functionally I love the Pure body because it has some great joints. The head is gorgeous and they work well together. Oh also I put Luts gun hands on him because he can hold the shield better with them, and I modded one to better hold the sword. Didn't work out perfect, but they were extra hands so who cares.
- Worst Points:
- I had to mod the neck for the previous head I had had on it. The neck mod would have been necessary for the Abaddon head as well because it's a prefect fit as is. Not terrible, but if you're not looking to mod a neck - which means taking out the metal connector-thing - this may not be the body you're looking for.
I followed Rumpel on social media in case there would be a chance to own Morfeo again, and saw Abaddon. Also a gorgeous mold, and especially so because there is still a sad lack of really masculine sculpts out there. When he became available to order, I ordered him, thinking I didn't want to regret missing him like I did Morfeo...When he arrived I didn't know what to do with him right away and he sat in a box for a few weeks.
Then I was at a friend's house talking about her MNF Karsh. She thought he'd make a good Link from Legend of Zelda, a character I've tried to make into a doll a couple times and never had the right mold available. I do have an SD Karsh with elf ears now floating in my head box, and thought of that one....but then remembered Abaddon and just had to make a grumpy, adult Link.
I, by some miracle, found a sword on Etsy that is almost exactly perfect in size, and made him a shield. A friend made his outfit and he's good to go! Until I finish him for good by finding the right boots, belts and various Link accessories. Also I have to make his scabbard so he can carry the sword around.
It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.Dismiss Notice
Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.Dismiss Notice
- Head Sculpt:
- Dollshe Pure Body
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!