I discovered Rumpeldoll when Morfeo began arriving home to his new owners after the first sale. At the time I a little sad I'd missed the sale, as the head was beautiful and different, but I was ok not having a random doll. Then a friend suggested he could be Man-Bat in my DC Villain collection....and I became obsessed.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Body blushing artist(s):
- Modifications artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- Body - June 2017, Head - August 2017
- I bought the Dollshe body second-hand in June for another head. When Abaddon became available to order from the artist I jumped on his sale. He got the body when he arrived.
- Reason for choice:
- The older Dollshe bodies are my favorites for hybridizing a 70cm guy, and I already had one. Plus they're both fresh so they matched pretty well!
- Best Points:
- All of them? Functionally I love the Pure body because it has some great joints. The head is gorgeous and they work well together. Oh also I put Luts gun hands on him because he can hold the shield better with them, and I modded one to better hold the sword. Didn't work out perfect, but they were extra hands so who cares.
- Worst Points:
- I had to mod the neck for the previous head I had had on it. The neck mod would have been necessary for the Abaddon head as well because it's a prefect fit as is. Not terrible, but if you're not looking to mod a neck - which means taking out the metal connector-thing - this may not be the body you're looking for.
I followed Rumpel on social media in case there would be a chance to own Morfeo again, and saw Abaddon. Also a gorgeous mold, and especially so because there is still a sad lack of really masculine sculpts out there. When he became available to order, I ordered him, thinking I didn't want to regret missing him like I did Morfeo...When he arrived I didn't know what to do with him right away and he sat in a box for a few weeks.
Then I was at a friend's house talking about her MNF Karsh. She thought he'd make a good Link from Legend of Zelda, a character I've tried to make into a doll a couple times and never had the right mold available. I do have an SD Karsh with elf ears now floating in my head box, and thought of that one....but then remembered Abaddon and just had to make a grumpy, adult Link.
I, by some miracle, found a sword on Etsy that is almost exactly perfect in size, and made him a shield. A friend made his outfit and he's good to go! Until I finish him for good by finding the right boots, belts and various Link accessories. Also I have to make his scabbard so he can carry the sword around.
- Head Sculpt:
- Dollshe Pure Body
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!