I got lucky with the headback for the Littlefee Mio head. I once had to restring Lotus, my Littlefee NF girl. I did the restringing at my parents because at home I have 2 cats who love to meddle. However when I was putting my Littlefee back together I couldn't find the headback anymore! No idea how it got lost but I was devastated. So I contacted Fairyland, explained the whole situation, and was allowed to order a new headback. Months later, after I had already received the new headback, my mom called to tell me she found a strainge skin coloured thing in the storage room and wanted to know if it was a doll part. Turned out to be the missing headback! Absolutely no idea how it even got there since I did the restringing in the living room but chances are my dad found it and put it in the storage room somewhere. So I ended up with a spare headback. And that's when I decided I'd make a hybrid with my DollZone body. Back then I didn't know which head I'd buy yet but then I saw a Mio on a Facebook BJD sales page and I went ahead and bought her. She looked gorgeous and already had a faceup. I hope to one day find her faceup artist, all I know is she's called Marina and she's from Kazan, Russia.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Artist from Kazan (Russia) named Marina, no further details known
- Date of acquisition:
- Head in August 2016, body in May 2016
- Head was purchased secondhand, body directly from DollZone
- Reason for choice:
- Always wanted a Mio, loved the face. Saw one up for sale on a Facebook BJD sales page and went ahead and bought her. Ordered the body before I decided on a head. The skin match isn't 100% but it doesn't bother me.
- Best Points:
- Body has amazing posing, lovely shape. Mature for a yo-sd.
- Worst Points:
- Not a perfect skintone match, but that's the downside of hybrids.
- Head Sculpt:
- Fairyland Littlefee Mio
- body in normal yellow, head in normal pink
- DollZone B27-004 body
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!