- Face-up artist(s):
- overlordu (Hearts Murmur) on head #1 and OE, Amet (me) on head #2
- Date of acquisition:
- Sep.23.2011 (though he's been around in some form since Aug.13.2007)
- Original head bought directly from Infinitidoll as a full doll. Mitchell actually has three heads (an extra dreaming head and an alternate OE head) because he's my spoiled favorite. All his other parts were purchased on DoA long after Infinitidoll had gone under.
- Reason for choice:
- I adore dreaming sculpts, so when Mitchell was ready to "grow up" again (he started out a Dollzone Mini, then became a 60cm Delf that looked like a teen, then needed to get a little bigger and more grown up again, so I went on the hunt). I fell in love with Louis becuase of his beautiful eye shape and his smile.
- Best Points:
- His expression is perfect, and his resin has held up well over the years. Because the D. Louis is a case where the company went back in to add more details like an open mouth (he has a full removable tooth piece!) and slitted eyes to the open-eyed version of his sculpt, I feel like he has more detail than the OE version and it just adds to his perfection. (Can you tell he's my favorite?)
- Worst Points:
- The Infinitidoll body he came on was a beautifully sculpted piece of crap, so he's had to be hybridized for years. His arms couldn't hold a bended pose without wiring despite double joints, his legs would give out at random moments when standing (he destroyed his first faceup this way) and he sat with his knees together no matter what I did (a counterpoint to the ID lady body which sits with her legs splayed, because of course she does). Since ID was such a close cousin to LUTS, I was able to switch him onto a LUTS SSDF body for a while for better posing, and more recently I switched him onto the SDF65 body, which is basically the Infinitidoll body with better engineering. I'm grateful they put out a body in this size so Mitch can be the height I originally intended. (And can wear aaaaaall the SD17-sized clothing, at long last!)
- Head Sculpt:
- Dreaming Louis
- Normal Skin
- LUTS SDF65
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!