Along the way with this doll, I discovered the Japanese style of Shironuri (literally “painted white”) and how devotees of this style use their faces and fashion to tell a story. Because her yellowing was proving to be somewhat difficult to photograph, I decided to take the bold move of turning her into a Shironuri character because it so perfectly fit her character as the storyteller of my collection.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Shironuri styled faceup by myself
- Date of acquisition:
- December 2020 (but originally made in 1999)
- Purchased 2nd hand in the DoA marketplace
- Reason for choice:
- I wanted a 4-sisters sculpt to be the originator of my collection story, so when this one came up in the marketplace, I simply couldn’t resist her. The idea of getting one of the original Volks girls from the very beginning of the hobby was quite compelling.
- Best Points:
- Volks 4-sisters Megu...one of the very first which is so historically perfect to be the storyteller of my collection!
- Worst Points:
- Old and yellowed, but so worth having because she’s still gorgeous!
50–65cm Dolls Doll Profiles created by PoeticSoul, Jan 17, 2021
- Head Sculpt:
- 4 Sisters Megu
- Oldskin White
AlisonVonderland, MaleficentMrsofEvil, Valdemagra and 34 others like this.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!