My first, oldest and favorite doll. I saved for 16 months to be able to bring him home. Chosen to represent my favorite character from my (yet unpublished) epic fantasy series.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Me (Lomi / Myuuchan)
- Body blushing artist(s):
- Me (Lomi / Myuuchan)
- Modifications artist(s):
- Me (Lomi / Myuuchan, face and body) and GarekiPhoenix (Face only)
- Date of acquisition:
- February 4, 2010
- Purchased directly from Iplehouse. Soom Monzo leg parts acquired via split through DoA marketplace.
- Reason for choice:
- When I decided to get my first doll, Iplehouse was really the only game in town for realistic muscular guys. The Super Hero body was also the only option, and the only heads available were Akando, Evan, and Luo. Of the choices, Luo was most mature, so worked best for my purposes. He's since had a great deal of modification done to his face to make him a better fit.
- Best Points:
- The more realistic, smooth musculature of the EID Super Hero body makes him look big and fit but not dehydrated, like is so often seen with muscular dolls.
- Worst Points:
- The old EID joints are aaaawful. Combining clunky joints with mods never works well, so while I've made great strides with him, the poseability of his legs in particular leaves a great deal to be desired. He's also fairer than the character actually is; he should be realskin resin, but that option was not available for basic dolls until well after his purchase.
Rune has had an extensive amount of modification work done on him, starting with heavy facial mods to make him look more similar to my concept of the character, but inspired by his face-first dive off a table that left him with damage to his nose and chin.
His face was expertly reshaped by GarekiPhoenix (who specializes in extreme garage kit modifications but was eager to barter her sculpting and modification skills in return for my sewing abilities) using both additive and subtractive modifications.
All other customization, from mods to face-up and blushing to clothing, was completed by me.
His entire customization project was chronicled in a series of videos on YouTube, which you can view here: Rune's customization - YouTube
Special thanks for this project goes to Ash for letting me continually pick her brain for information on materials, techniques, mechanics and paints, PrincessEv for putting up with me constantly talking about this doll project and nothing else for like a year and spamming her with pictures when she was at work, everyone who joined me on YouTube and shared nothing but encouragement, and my husband and dad for financing the whole crazy thing... especially my husband, who never got mad even once when I spilled Bondo all over the kitchen counter and floor and we had to evacuate the house until it cured and aired out.
It's still there.
66cm+ Dolls Doll Profiles created by Myuuchan, Apr 15, 2017
- Head Sculpt:
- Old Iplehouse Super Hero body -- modded with Soom Monzo legs and custom hands
VeraLyne, Seafoam Shade, Rakonto and 16 others like this.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!