Modifications: [Project Journal]
- Face-up artist(s):
- None Yet
- Body blushing artist(s):
- None Yet
- Modifications artist(s):
- Tattoo artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- 12/2016 (head), 02/2017 (body/hands), 07/2017 (bust/feet)
- All items were purchased directly from their respective companies
- Reason for choice:
- This frankendolly is the product of compromises. I always wanted a doll in the Dollshe casting company's honey skin, but the lighter resins are a bit too translucent for me (hence tan).
I liked Arsene's head sculpt due to the details (and potential for teeth), but didn't see it as a guy or with the gangly (and not particularly poseable) body on the Dollshe site (hence hybrid, but with limited matching options, I went with Dollstown--the extra hip joint persuaded me).
However, I hate the Dollstown hands and feet (they look like those of a much younger child--too pudgy), so I purchased Dollshe feet (same length, much narrower and more mature) and jointed hands (Doll Legend has a translucent resin, and extra thumb joint, so that decided it).
- Best Points:
- sculpting (particularly the browline, spine, and abdomen) and extra torso joint
- Worst Points:
- As with most Dollstown bodies, the legs are funky. In this case, the knees lock fine, and the body stands like a rock, but it is severely pigeon-toed.
- ankle narrowing mod
- ankle joint changed shape: more like a saddle instead of a straight cut across the ankle--like the Dollshe joints (this provides better extension and flection of her foot, but limits side to side movement
- chest mod (their Dollstown 17 body has holes for magnets set into the inside of the resin part, and a cut off and filed piece from the Dollshe 26F bust piece has magnets set into it as well
- open mouth mod
It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.Dismiss Notice
Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.Dismiss Notice
- Dollshe & Dollstown & Doll Legend
- Head Sculpt:
- Dollshe Arsene
- Dollshe/Dollstown Honey Caramel Brown (Anti-UV) and Doll Legend Imported (Anti-UV) Tan
- Dollstown 17yrs Boy Body & Dollshe 28F Bust + Feet
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!