Modifications: [Project Journal]
- Face-up artist(s):
- None Yet
- Body blushing artist(s):
- None Yet
- Modifications artist(s):
- Tattoo artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- 12/2016 (head), 02/2017 (body/hands), 07/2017 (bust/feet)
- All items were purchased directly from their respective companies
- Reason for choice:
- This frankendolly is the product of compromises. I always wanted a doll in the Dollshe casting company's honey skin, but the lighter resins are a bit too translucent for me (hence tan).
I liked Arsene's head sculpt due to the details (and potential for teeth), but didn't see it as a guy or with the gangly (and not particularly poseable) body on the Dollshe site (hence hybrid, but with limited matching options, I went with Dollstown--the extra hip joint persuaded me).
However, I hate the Dollstown hands and feet (they look like those of a much younger child--too pudgy), so I purchased Dollshe feet (same length, much narrower and more mature) and jointed hands (Doll Legend has a translucent resin, and extra thumb joint, so that decided it).
- Best Points:
- sculpting (particularly the browline, spine, and abdomen) and extra torso joint
- Worst Points:
- As with most Dollstown bodies, the legs are funky. In this case, the knees lock fine, and the body stands like a rock, but it is severely pigeon-toed.
- ankle narrowing mod
- ankle joint changed shape: more like a saddle instead of a straight cut across the ankle--like the Dollshe joints (this provides better extension and flection of her foot, but limits side to side movement
- chest mod (their Dollstown 17 body has holes for magnets set into the inside of the resin part, and a cut off and filed piece from the Dollshe 26F bust piece has magnets set into it as well
- open mouth mod
- Dollshe & Dollstown & Doll Legend
- Head Sculpt:
- Dollshe Arsene
- Dollshe/Dollstown Honey Caramel Brown (Anti-UV) and Doll Legend Imported (Anti-UV) Tan
- Dollstown 17yrs Boy Body & Dollshe 28F Bust + Feet
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!