- Face-up artist(s):
- Body blushing artist(s):
- Modifications artist(s):
- Tattoo artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- June 2010
- Reason for choice:
- I had looked at a bunch of dolls, and changed my mind several times as I was saving for my first, but once I saw this one, something about it just grabbed me and wouldn't let go. His nose was one of the features that really sold me on the sculpt.
- Best Points:
- I love the quality of resin. He's a very solid poser from the waist up. The weight and size are perfect for holding in the crook of your arm, and for being just heavy enough without tiring you out if you're carrying your doll around a lot. The company photos don't do the sculpt justice, either-- I think he's very cute.
- Worst Points:
- He's not the most solid stander. One hip in particular was a bit loose and seemed to be the first thing to go loose again after restringing, but with shoes on it's not too big a deal. I can't get him to stand for long periods of time, but I can get him to stand on his own long enough for a picture, which is good enough for me but would be a problem for some. (I know some other kid delfs are very solid so it varies I guess)
- Head Sculpt:
- Boy Type (classic)
- customized, bought on marketplace (second is a Shaggies fur wig, both his default styles are brunet)
- Favourite colours:
- Purple, green, pink
- Fashion style(s):
- Eclectic and a little androgynous. Vince just dresses in whatever. He normally prefers glam or feminine styles, or at least eyecatching Japan-inspired streetwear, but he spends a lot of time in big baggy superhero tees and short pants, just boyish 'playclothes'.
- Key fashion accessory:
- He's got a dark smoky purple bead bracelet, like those chunky buddha bead bracelets that were hip in the 90s, in 1/4 scale, and he hasn't taken it off since he got it.
- Name story:
- Vince got his name because I really liked it-- it was one of my favorite boys' names at the time that I purchased him. I thought it would suit him based on photos of the sculpt, and once I got him home I felt like I was right-- he just didn't seem like he could be anybody but Vince.
- Character age:
- Nearly six-- but he's mentally and emotionally generally somewhere between 16 and 25.
- Character gender:
- Offsite roleplay:
- This doll's character is not available for offsite roleplay.
While he mostly has the thought processes and rationale of a teen/young adult, there are some areas where he clearly suffers from a sort of magical version of arrested development-- his worldview is very small and centers on what he knows, and so he sees everything from a doll's perspective, and his priorities are always going to be getting played with or dressed up in something new, because that's his main way of interacting with the world and living beings in it, and what he feels like he was created for. He doesn't have any kind of 'higher calling', his purpose is to be a toy, and to be played with, and to make people happy just by being cute/beautiful.
Vince considers the other dolls in the house to be his 'family', even though they have characters and stories that put them in their own universes, so to them, he wouldn't necessarily exist. He also considers any toy in the house that he sees from the perspective of 'how can this be used to play with me, is it the right size to be mine?'.
In addition to dress-up, tea parties, and cuddling (aka: the meaning of life, for a doll), Vince loves music and animals. He's almost always in a good mood, and is sweet enough that the more demanding and self-centered side of his personality can be forgiven, because he really does just want to cheer everyone up when he insists upon playtime, or boasts about his own cuteness-- that's just what he sees as his strong suits as a doll.
All in all, he thinks that being a living doll is the best life you could have, and while he likes to be taken out of the house, he doesn't mind that he spends so much of his time napping safely in 'his' room. He does prefer having a soft cloth draped over him for long-term dust and sun avoidance to being put in a box, but as long as he's not being totally shut away, he has no complaints.
dollydisaster likes this.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!