1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

1/3 scale swords

Jan 17, 2007

1. I think I just found a site that has some very cool-looking miniature swords fit for SD use. The proportions of the blades look correct (they don't have oversized handles like most letter opener swords), and they look very detailed too!

Browse by over here and here, they're different shops selling the same series of swords by Art Gladius.

If anyone orders any of these blades and gets theirs soon, could I ask that you post pictures of one of your SD-sized wards holding them? Strike a good pose, too. ;)

2. Ooo! I have seen these on ebay! Thanks for the links!
      I really wish they had scabbards... If I manage to get one before someone else does (doubtful as I will have no money for a while) I will post pictures :)

3. I've ordered a sword from Dollmore, although it's for my fiance who collects swords anyway. We don't have a doll between us yet. >_<

4. @TonBoko - Sadly, they don't come with scabbards. I guess that's going to have to be a DIY project for someone with the skills and patience to undertake it. :)

@CirqueMachine - I took a look at the Dollmore swords. They seem okay, but don't some of them look awfully familiar? ;)

5. :lol: I am slightly lacking on the first and definitely lacking on the second!

6. Who needs a scabard? Get the big rock! Let your doll be king, too! :)

7. @Tonboko - I think hobbywhelmed is right, stick it in a rock! They're selling one for that purpose, too. :sweat

@hobbywhelmed - Eyeing the Excalibur, I see. :)

I am HOPING that these miniature swords' handles will fit in standard SD hands. I really am. *_*

8. I will definitely be getting Jaden's sword from there! (When I can afford it *lol*) I'm a sword-fiend, I collect big swords, it's only fair my boys should have some their size ;)

9. Thanks for sharing. The first link seems to be the place where luts got the accesories for Perennis Lishe.

I'd love to get the Charlemagne sword for my Petsha hopefully not too big. My husband owns that same sword in human size, lol

10. Muhahaha! I wanted to get those too! Now I can!!!

11. I ordered one sword. If it fits my Seionai's hand, I'll be very happy. If not, I just got myself a pricey letter opener. *_*

12. If it makes you feel better, my husband has a katana letter opener from another company that will fit in my delf girls hands (well, will fit when I get her open styled hands).

The more I look at this site, the more I like it. Thank you sooo much for finding it!!

13. Medieval collectables' Crusader sword comes with a sheath. Of course, it's twice the price of the other ones. ^^;

~Anrui

14. No problem Tonboko. I'm always glad to share my knowledge, however limited! :)

I'm a little wary of getting just any letter opener sword. I realized that when I bought one of the katanas at Pupa Paradise. Don't get me wrong, they have EXCELLENT service (delivered the goods 5 days after I ordered), and everything was intact (I bought other items along with the sword, like their beautiful hollow glass eyes from Germany).

I was just careless in looking over the pictures on the site. The sword's handle is way too broad for my SD girl's hand, and the proportions are somewhat off (the handle's definitely made for a human, not a doll).

That's what made me scour the 'net (via our friend Google) for miniature swords that are SD-compatible. Please post links in this thread if you find other shops that sell such accessories for our resin mini-swordspersons. :)

15. I ordered two of the swords from Dollmore. They are more suited to 1/4 dolls than the 1/3 and they are quite heavy. One is a repro of a World of Warcraft sword (nice) and the other is Fate: Stay Night replica. The sword/gun set is FF, v.6 I believe, also best for 1/4 scale.

16. @ Shizen: I'm aware the Dollmore swords are rip offs of Final Fantasy.

My fiance collects buster swords of all types, and this is one way to convine him that he needs to give me doll-money. ^_^

17. I have the repro World of Warcraft Letter Opener and indeed it is better sized for 1/4 scale doll. Though I got it from local store in Chinatown not dollmore.

18. Yeah, I noticed that with the SD model they used on the Dollmore site, the swords looked small. They're definitely more apt for MSDs.

Now to wait for the Art Gladius miniature sword to arrive... *_*

19. Ugh now to get a sword that matches mine D: Thanks for the links!