1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5 Star Doll is gone

Jun 25, 2022

1. I had a feeling they were nearing the end a couple of months ago when I tried to order a body for my Ivan (5 Star Edmund) and my payment was refused. Plus they have not replied to any of my messages or emails in months. So now I see that the site is completely gone.
      I'm sad because my favorite dolls are from 5 Star and I have been wanting to buy more of their dolls. But the main reason I'm upset it that my Ivan needs a body from the company. He has been on an ill-fitting and ill-matching body as a temporary placeholder until I could get him his proper body. But now there is no chance for that.

I am very sad because in my collection they are the dolls I love most, and I had planned to get more.
      (5 Star Tumnus is my avatar). My first BJDs were Tumnus plus Rex and the Edmund head. I also have a Quintus. 5 Star was my introduction to the hobby.
      :...(

#1 ParlourGoddess, Jun 25, 2022
      Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    2. I was, um, unhappy when Happydoll went away in 2009, so I get it! It's always sad to see BJD companies cease production when you have a sentimental attachment to them.

A small consolation is that you didn't lose any money. It may be a long shot, but there's the secondary market, or posting a WTB. Good luck!

3. My first doll, which I still have, is a 5stardoll Tong Tong. I had a feeling they would eventually close since over the years they had discontinued a lot of their sculpts. It’s so sad to see them go, I really enjoyed their sculpts.

4. That's a shame! I don't know much about this company but a quick google image search told me they had elf-eared sculpts and I am always sad to see those kind of dolls disappear off the market. But maybe you can find a body second hand - there's lots of places to look these days!

5. I have known they were declining in the past couple of years. They were my favorite company too. But if you need a body for the 5SD 1/3 head, AOD has the most perfect fit. Almost all of my 5SD 1/3 heads are on both female and male AOD bodies, and the color match is near perfect too. I personally prefer AOD body than the 5SD. The sculpts of 5SD are far better tho. So sad. I’m definitely keeping all of my 5SD and treasure them much more. Tumnus and Edmund are my favorite and I have 2 & 3 of each.

6. THANK YOU so much for that info about the AOD bodies. 5 Star anything very rarely comes on the secondary market. I've had my feelers out for that body for several years.
      My poor Ivan (5 Star Edmund) has been on a MiroDoll "placeholder" body which is a poor color match and also ill fitting neck. i Will look into the AOD body idea right now. Fortunately payday is only a week away :cheer

7. I thought they were closing years ago when they discontinued Edmund, Tumnus, Michelle and some of their smaller sculpts and the old 1/3 bodies, then they surprised me and came out with the fantasy tinies and Kevin, Angelo, Bright and Dark. They've never had a huge selection, but seeing it cut back more and more, I really wondered if the end was near. They had a rough start as a company, but really stepped it up and were awesome with newer bodies, sculpts, packaging, wait times, prices, etc. Sad to see them go too.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I had my old Edmund and then Tumnus on the Impldoll 58cm Model body and it was decent. I also thought he looked pretty good on the Dollmore Adam body, but it is slim and the head does look a bit big (but my character was meant to have a very small frame, so it was perfect for him).

8. I figured they were closing when they discontinued the majority of their 1/6 line.
      My first doll was from there and I love her to bits. RIP

9. Oh, so sad to hear this! I was still hoping to get a Jadite one day. And a Yami too! :...(

10. I had a WTB listing here on the Marketplace for a while with no interest and very few views, so I took the request down. I think I'm going to take the advice given above and find him a different body. The AOD body is actually $100 cheaper than the 5Star body.

11. I was just searching for them just the other day. It's so sad to see them gone. I thought they just moved sites. I loved some of their more fantasy 1/6 scale like Jadeite. Plus some of their fantasy resin colors were nice. I should of got one of their dolls when I had the chance ;--;

12. I have a hybrid boy who's on a WS 5 star body, I was planning on selling his body later this year. Let me know if you're interested!

13. I have 4 of their dolls - SD Tumnus, SD Edmund, YOSD Rex and YOSD Quintus. I had SD Becca at one time, but sold her many years ago for some dumb reason. I regret selling her now. Numerous times I tried to communicate with them, and they never replied to messages or emails. I have a feeling the site was left up long after they had decided to stop selling.

Edmund is the head I need a body for. He is in NS. As I mentioned, he is on a MiroDoll body right now and it is a poor color match plus the neck is odd looking on him. It was supposed to be temporary.

#13 ParlourGoddess, Jun 26, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    14. This makes me sad. I have 3 full dolls (Elf Erik, Kevin, and Batboy) and 1 floating head (human Erik). The extra head I didn't expect, they were having a sale where you buy a full doll and you get 1 head and 1 1/6 scale doll free, I bought an extra body and chose the Kevin head. They sent another free head on top of that. I loved the engineering on their dolls, I thought it was very good for the price point.

15. Also AOD body is better engineered than 5SD body anyway, especially with the joints. I wish I could show you my dolls but they are all packed away and shipped to my new home at the moment. But I do have some profile picture of two: Todd the Wraith (Edmund) and Sebastian (Tumnus), both use AOD. I also have Sesshomaru (Edmund), InuYasha (Tumnus), and Grell (Tumnus), which you might be able to search on BJD Addcit FB where I posted several pictures of them in the past, also under same user name.

16. God, it's always such a shame to hear about a company going down, I always thought their yosds were so cute

17. Cloudsorano I looked at your doll photo gallery last night and was BLOWN AWAY! I am a huge FFVII fan girl. I've been working on creating a Reno bjd for a long time, but haven't yet found a face sculpt for him. I have everything else I need for him. I do have an Elena Turk doll. Resinsoul Mi. I just finished her this week and need to take pics and post them. If I weren't on a limited doll buying budget, I could easily go crazy creating FFVII character dolls.

18. This is so sad!

19. Oh No! :...(

EDIT: UPDATE ON 5STAR :sumomo:
      5STAR IS NOT GONE! THEY ARE BACK!

THEY WERE CLOSED DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, BUT HAVE RETURNED, AND REOPENED THEIR SHOP AS OF MARCH 2023.

#19 Rabbit-moon, Jun 27, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    20. This saddens me greatly. 5-Star was one of my favorite companies. I'm fortunate enough to have a Tong Tong and an Aiden (red baby "Hellboy") in my crew.