1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

50cm tall boys?

Feb 2, 2012

1. Do they exist?
      I'd like to get a male BJD that's significantly taller than my MSD girls without towering over them at 60cm... I haven't been able to find any BJD boys with a height of approximately 50cm, other than the Souldoll Vito boys, Soom idealians (I think?) and the discontinued Bobobie Elliott... can anyone help me?

I like the Souldoll and Soom guys but they're out of my budget and I'm afraid they have very small heads compared to my girls...

2. Lati Blue guys are tall at 46 cm, but their heads are also very small. I have a Leeke Wien head on a Lati Blue body and he looks good next to MSD girls. Soom Idealian 51 heads are too small, but I think Vito boy's heads are slightly larger.

3. It`s probably going to be harder to find 50`s in the budget range you`re ideally thinking possibly since souldoll Vitos are $420 and it`s out of your budget. I`ve noticed you probably like the muscular proportions, but the more muscular the body is, I see a tendency for them to have smaller heads to maintain the balance. So I`m going to be stating a few in the same height range, but they`re not going to be muscular.

Bobobie had a 50cm boy Elliot. I think he was a limited run and your best chance of acquiring him is in the marketplace.

Dollzone`s flower boy, Moment was at 53cm including the flower part of his head, so he`s more or less MSD proportions, but he is still technically over "50".

Obitsu has a boy named Yuuto from a series called "Visuadoll" at 55cm, though they`re made of DD-like material. They discontinued another boy who is called Ryo. I believe you can buy the body separately, and you can maybe stick on a head of your choice.

But so far, I haven`t found a 50cm boy of muscular features besides the two you mentioned.

4. Oceanmoon has had plans for a complete boy doll to go with their 50cm girl. You might want to check out them and see when they plan to release their boy. They do have have heads for sale for boys but most of them would be found on the MP here at this point. Just some thoughts for you.

5. Thanks for all the replies so far ^^

Actually I'm not looking for a muscular boy per say, I just want him to be tall. 47cm sounds nice too! I noticed someone saying somewhere else that AoD boys are 48cm, but AoD's website says they're 46cm...

I'm mostly worried about the head thing, because Angell-Studio girls are known for their big heads... my Ellie's head is 18.8cm I think, which is a big 7/8" wig size...

6. I'd recently measured all my dolls so I'd have their measurements when I went on vacation and stopped at DDE. I have 3 AoD's (2 are MSD's, one is a limited 58cm SD). The AoD MSD's are 45cm. The tallest MSD I have is my Illusion Spirit. He's 46.25cm. There is a noticeable difference in the height between him and his lover (one of my AoD mini's). I can dig up a pic of them if you'd like.

7. I'd love that, thanks! ^^
      So the AoD males are even SMALLER than they say they are huh? :(

8. The good thing about the Lati Blue body is that you can buy it separately and use a bigger head. I'm not at home right now, but I'll post a photo later. The body is very nice.

9. They are still tall for MSD's. I have MSD's from as small as 40cm to the 46.25cm. My Doll-Love is 46cm (I think). The best shot of some of the taller MSD's is as follows:
      Front: Vuchel & Vashin (RS Bao)
      Back (left to right): Sarojin (IS ZhuQing), Jaiseki (AoD Min), Kijika (AoD Adonis), Moswen (AoD Chi), Tyhlian (OD Tae Vampire), Dakvir (DL God-Enjoy on boy body).
      [​IMG]

AoD (MSD's): 45.5cm, IS: 46.25cm, DL: 46cm, OD: 40cm (I think), RS (tinies): 28cm
      Kijika's sculpt and body was limited to 38 dolls and was actually done as a collab project. He is 58cm. Typical AoD SD's are taller than him at 62cm.

10. Thanks so much for this!! It seems like Doll-Love's boys' heads are pretty much as big as my Leira's. I really like their Word-leaf sculpt...

-edit- It does seem to depend on the DL boy you're looking at though. Some are listed as 44cm tall, some as 45.5cm tall...

11. Dakvir (DL) is 46cm I believe although I'd have to check my notes at home to be sure. He wears a 7/8 wig so he's got a fairly typical MSD head size. Tyhlian looks MUCH smaller next to him because he's got a very small head (he wears a 4/5 wig I believe). The IS head is a touch smaller than typical MSD's and Sarojin wears a 6/7 wig. The AoD's wear 7/8 wigs, BTW.

The DL body is not very detailed although it is double jointed with a 3-part torso. I wanted that look for Dakvir, so I was fine with that. The IS body is much the same but has a touch more detailing as well as a mobility joint in the thigh. The AoD bodies are also double jointed and have a 3-part torso but they are really nicely detailed and are one of the more mature looking bodies out there in my opinion.

All 3 companies mentioned stand/pose really well. My AoD's are rocks and I've even gotten Moswen to stand on a bed, bare foot. It wasn't long, but he did stand for several seconds unaided. I trust my AoD's above all my other dolls to remain standing if I leave the room for a few minutes and I find they stand better even than my FL.

12. I may have to start saving up a bit more money after all... I kinda fell in love with Iplehouse's tall boy Ryan. <3

13. You can still get the Bobobie Elliot 50cm boy you just have to message them and ask, I asked Dennis about him last year and they will still make him on request in Normal or White shin tone. From memory he is about $160.

14. Thanks for your reply, but I ended up buying an IH JID Ryan and I'm very happy with him ;)