1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Migidoll Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. *What did you order?

A Migidoll Jina head in Normal Skin

* When did you order?

Around September 2012

I think the price is a bit too high for just a head. But considered that this sculpt is very popular and very well made, the price is okay.
      Also this is my dreamsculpt so I think paying so much was worth it.

Yes it did :D

Very much! I love the Jina sculpt :D No bubbles in the resin either :D.

I love that the Jina sculpt has teeth. I find that, when a doll has teeth, it gives more realistic feature to it.

Yes I would! :D

putting a pic in my post doesn't work, here is a link to the picture of my Jina:

http://azumixvampire.deviantart.com/gallery/40653948#/d5ldeoa

*I put his head on an Asleep Eidolon boy body. This is not his original body, this is just for a better display.

3. * What did you order? Two Migidoll Jina Heads

* When did you order?
      around August 2012

The head and faceup cost a bit more than other companies of equal quality. The quality is very nice.

Absolutely! Just like it!

Yes and no. The heads were beautiful. I loved the sculpt. But Jina's neck opening was much, much larger than I had anticipated and she would not really fit on any of the SD bodies that I'd planned to use. I was really disappointed about this. But, I finally put her on a Luts Senior Delf body and am pleased with the results. The Luts neck is long enough for the Migidoll Jina head to sit on and still have a neck. :)

I purchased a Jina head for my daughter in the same order. She happily accepted the change of plans and just made her Jina into a boy and the head fits perfectly on the boy bodies. My daughter was totally satisfied with this solution. For this reason, I am SO GLAD I ordered one of the heads with no faceup. I would have been really disappointed if I'd paid for a faceup that was just going to have to be wiped in order for us to use the head.

I, however, was really bummed that Jina's neck opening was so much larger than I expected. She might fit nicely on some other girl bodies though, like one of the IH girls!!

The Migidoll site says that many people make Jina into a boy. And, I did wonder if this was because of the size of the neck opening and for the same reasons that my daughter ended up making hers into a boy.

Yes, if they had something I wanted and I was certain of what to expect! I love the sculpt and would buy if they offered a head that was exactly what I needed. But, I do wish I had known ahead of time that the neck opening on Jina was not the standard SD size. I would not have purchased a Jina head for myself at all! However, I would have still gotten my daughter hers! In spite of the surprise/change of plans for Jina's character, my daughter is totally in love with her Jina boy and just as happy as she would have been with a girl. I just think it would have been more fair to have known ahead of time what we were getting. But, the quality and beauty of the sculpt and faceup are outstanding!!

4. * What did you order? Fairy Jina Head Blank Normal Skin A

* When did you order? January 2013

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes :)

* Did the item look like the sales picture? Even better.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very much.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) The sculpt is really beautiful and unique. The eyes are kind of like "dreaming" eyes, but the eye crease right above it looks like the outline of the normal Jina's eyes. If I ever decided to mod it, I can use this guideline. Migidoll designed the sculpt really well.

* Would you buy more from this company? Definitely. I plan to get a Migidoll body, and I wouldn't mind eventually adding a Ryu or Ryeong to my collection. The customer service was great. I had to email Migi to ask her to ship the head after a very long wait, but it arrived three days later.

• What did you order?

Mir (head+body+face-up) siliocan cap, 2 wigs

* When did you order?

26[SUP]th[/SUP] June. Shipped 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] August. Received 6[SUP]th[/SUP] August.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Beautiful sculpt and love the details on the torso. Having a few problems with his posing but I feel this is due to him being my first BJD. Quite a few freebies came with him (due to event) and everything was packaged very well!
      One little bug bear that is annoying me is that when I purchased him, migi stated that his wig size was 6-7inch, so I purchased wigs in that size. Later on she changed that to 7inch. Now that he is here I am having a lot of trouble getting his wigs to fit, and it has only been possibly by stretching them. His head size is 7.2inch, so the 6-7wigs are just a bit too small.

Yes but only if it’s a MSD! ^__^ especially so if she ever makes a girl or re-released the Mui head.

5. * What did you order?
      MD M-Cute Mir WS Type B without face up (event : free wig + shoes)
      * When did you order?
      04-06-13 from Think Pink (dealer from Netherlands) / received on 30-12-13 (error from Migidoll)
      Sculpt was gorgeous and cute. Price was not expensive too.
      Yes, even thought I didn't order their face up but the sculpt is alike.
      Partly satisfied. I like their sculpt but body and joints weren't good. He can't have much posts, his knee joints/neck look a bit weird and not stable and white skin yellowed very fast, even though I coated his body with MSC UV cut after I'd gotten him.
      Positive : I always like MD sculpt. They are very gorgeous. ^^
      Negative : body and joints aren't good.
      Sure, but only head. I don't think I will buy their body because of some negative experiences.

[​IMG]

6. * What did you order?

Migidoll Sun.

* When did you order?

June 20, 2014

I am very pleased with the quality. All his joints are very clean, sanded really smooth to my taste. The tension of the stringing is actually very well too. I didnt have to restring him. He poses really good. The only thing that bothers me is how his head snaps to a different position at times.

Yes! He looks exactly the same and I am sooo in love with him.

Very satisfied.

Yes, definitely. I already ordered from them again.

[​IMG]

7. * What did you order?
      Migidoll Ell head in old Normal B resin with company face up
      (leftover stock on the Surprise section)

* When did you order?
      October 2014

Yes
      Yes

Yes, absolutely

Company face up is lovely, really pleased I ordered it. He is actually cuter in real life than the photos - I think that's a positive, although I wasn't actually expecting him to be quite so cute!
      Only slight negative I've found is that his head is a strange shape and wigs and wig cap don't fit so well. And there seems to be very little space inside his head to be able to adjust his eyes easily. Definitely not a big deal though.

Yes, already have.

[​IMG]

8. * What did you order? Migidoll Sun
      * When did you order? 18.04.2015
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. The price is more than appropriate. It's due the shipping costs and custom fees that give the impression the price was a bit expensive. The doll was 280 USD. With shipping and custom fees I spent other 185 EUR. Overall I spent more than 400 EUR but Migidoll have no control on shipping costs or custom fees.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes (but I need to put him the face up!)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, totally! I just wish I could buy him with face up, but I couldn't spent more.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Positive only, because Migidoll was always reply my email as soon as possible, they resolved any doubts I had, they also ship a free wig! I think Migidoll was very good in communication and really professional. I'll definitively purchase again Migidoll products. More, the molds are really really irresistible!

Still I have totally to customize him, these are temporary eyes and wig ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here with the free wig that Migidoll sent me (still I need to paint him a face up, I'll add new pictures here when I'll find the courage to paint him!)

[​IMG]

9. * What did you order?
      Migidoll Ell, Migidoll Yujin and others
      * When did you order? two years ago? (about 2015)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes buuuuut they are VERY heavy with the dark makeup
      * Were you satisfied with the product? so far I haven't had any discolouration, their faceups are not the best though XD
      absolutely, they also have had excellent communication so it's easy to resolve any issues or enquiries that might come up :D

10. What did you order?
      --Style 65 Jina Boy in Suntan

When did you order?
      --1/3/19 via layaway. Paid off in mid Feb. Shipped on 2/27/19. However, they never notified me he shipped. I only found out because I have USPS Informed Delivery and it let me know once it hit customs. I have him in hand my order STILL doesn't say "shipped" on my account.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      --Yes and no. It met my expectations. There’s some horrid seam lines but that’s normal with tan resin. The quality of the cast is fine. However, the actual sculpting itself..there’s some serious issues with.

1. The neck to head joint is horrid. My hybrids fit better than this. The neck and head do not fit together at all. The head itself is really not deep enough to sit properly on the neck. Even putting it up straight you can clearly see where the neck rounds off on top. It LOOKS like a hybrid, it’s such a horrible fit. In addition, the S hook sits REALLY deeply in the neck. It’s one wrong move away from getting stuck in there. When you go to pull it up through the head itself my hook can’t even grab it because the s hook barely peeks into the head it’s so deep. You have to use shoelace AND a hook to get it up and through and it puts a ton of tension inside the head which is extremely thin in the neck. It’s going to crack. It’s not a matter of if; it’s when. This much tension also means his head can’t pose worth beans. It can move, but it tends to snap to the side like it’s broken even with a neck kip. He’s already too loose so undoing the tension wouldn’t really help. You can’t have it both ways with this. And being tan, modding it down is nearly impossible too. In addition, it’s the head that needs to be modded but it’s so thin that would cause more harm in the long run.

2. The chest joints make no sense. They have no moveability so why they even exist is a mystery. They are extremely thin and there’s no ridges to “catch”. In addition they have a very small overlap with each piece so all you can really do is pull it apart and rest it on the edge if you want that poseability. The issue is, that causes friction and tension on a very thin part of the resin. Yet again, just as with the head, it’s not a matter of if it will crack, it’s a matter of when.

3. Speaking of thin joints: the knees. I get WHY they tried to design it this way to make it smooth and seamless when bent but that sacrifices structural integrity. I’d rather have a sturdy leg and a raised knee peanut than what we got. But yet again the resin is SO THIN where the knee tapers into the peanut in the back (where it will have the MOST strain in these poses) it’s a matter of time before it’s going to crack. It doesn’t matter how loose you string it, the reality is, this is a point of friction and tension no matter what. It’s a VERY bad design.

4. He has the same issue with his arms as my Luts SD boy. There’s an elbow peanut but no way to actually get it to bend as a double joint should. Even displacing the arm section on the peanut and repositioning it entirely cannot get the arm to hold the pose.

5. His eye wells are incredibly shallow. He wears a size 14 eye allegedly but..honestly..it’s not wide enough of a sclera but the size 16 is way too big. I have NO idea what you’re supposed to do with that. He also did not come with any eyes despite the listing saying he would include random eyes. It’s not a big deal as I’d just toss them anyway but I prefer to see what they include with them as the true recommendation of size.

6. I thought Loongsoul had weird veining..Migi’s is even worse. Loongsoul has lots of small raised veins but Migi has extremely long ones but not many..it looks like a mistake more than a deliberate attempt at doing vein work (aside from the hands and feet which are lovely).

7. For a $700 doll, they did not package him well. When he arrived in shipping no part of his body was in the right spot. His head was backwards, his chest was the wrong direction from his pelvis, his legs were contorted..I mean..it made no sense how this even would have happened during shipping unless he was just poorly packaged to begin with. He had limited bubble wrap and it was very loose. He had way too much freedom to move around. I understand loose stringing, that’s fine, but this was really badly contorted. The fact it didn’t arrived chipped is rather amazing.

At this price point I expected better, I think. Just in terms of overall composition. But I wouldn’t say it was BAD. Like the execution based on the molds is great. The resin is smooth, the tan is not marbled, it’s lovely. It’s just a bad design.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      --Yes. The body looks like it does, the head looks like it should. Tan is a hard color to convey via company photos so you’re always a guessing game there but I think it’s what I expected.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      --Again, yes and no. I’m excited to own this piece, it’s really lovely. But, the gripes I have are pretty severe. Over time it’s going to cause a lot of problems so I have to temper my initial excitement with the reality that this doll is extremely fragile. I’m also really not fond of genital sculpts like this. They’re just so un-detailed and I’m rather fond of at least vague detail. This isn’t a Ken doll but it sure looks like it.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product…
      --I already talked about the negative, let me discuss the positives. For a tan doll the turnaround was FAST. I mean this was under two months for a 65 cm tan doll from a small company during a discount event. I’m impressed. In addition, there is no marbling in the tan at all, it’s very smooth and beautiful. He also stands AMAZINGLY well. He has feet proportionate to his body that can actually hold his weight. His fingers and toes are also beautifully sculpted. As my ex girlfriend said “they’re not just little chiclets!” they actually look like the real body part. The nails and nail beds are also beautifully sculpted. I regret they don’t do jointed hands because I’d rather like that in this finger thickness even just for other dolls. The musculature is also beautiful on these dolls. It’s well composed without being over bearing. They also included a neck kip and ones in the shoulders. It was a nice touch.

Would you buy more from this company?
      --Honestly? Not likely. At least not in this body type. I’d consider a ¼ from them or smaller but I think the Style 65 boy body is just not where it needs to be. The fact this is the NEW body too is disheartening. How bad could the original be to have a follow up that’s this bad? Aesthetically beautiful but functionally awful. My single jointed dolls pose better than this. I’m trying not to be harsh because I genuinely love my doll and the positive elements are REALLY positive. I seriously have absolutely no complaints about the aesthetics. It’s all in the functionality of the sculpt itself but those complaints are very serious complaints.

Edit: my boss saw me writing this at work "are you writing a dissertation?"

Edit 2: It's now October of 2019 and I've barely played with this doll as just like I said would happen, his joints are chipping BADLY. This body is so horribly designed.

#11 akaisha0, Mar 6, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    11. * What did you order?
      --I ordered a Migidoll Style65 Guy Body II (Normal Skin tone)

* When did you order?
      --January 12, 2019 and paid in full. Ordered during Migidoll's year-end sales event.

--Yes, especially with the event discount. The resin is gorgeous and doesn't have that "plastic shine" bodies can have sometimes. The body also came pre-strung and was strung exceptionally well.

--Yes! It looks exactly like them.

--Extremely satisfied.

--Pros:
      • Sculpting quality is gorgeous - one of the nicest sculpts I've seen.
      • The body came very well-strung and stands extremely well! Arms also don't tend to snap or go limp - no kicking issues.
      • The body is a smooth matte and doesn't have the "plastic shine" other bodies sometimes have.
      • The skin's a nice mix of soft peach with subtle yellow hues, so it matches great with already-mellowed body additions (my Wolf the Knight head sculpt in this case).
      • The joints are easy to work with and hold very snug. So easy to pose!
      • No visible seam lines!
      • It's not heavy!
      --Cons:
      • That resin smell, woo (a given, though).
      • Upper chest joint is a bit sensitive - the edges are thin, so you have to be careful with positioning so it doesn't experience undue stress. Fits snug but need to be careful with large movements.
      • Lower torso also has thin edges. I'm a little nervous the torso itself may chip the waist if it "pulls" on it. (It's sat well during posing sessions, though. And despite very tight pants I didn't encounter any issues.)
      • Double-joints lock in place in such a way you really need two hands to move and position them.

--Yes. No personal plans but I'm impressed with the quality, so would certainly consider in the future.

12. What did you order?
      I ordered a Migidoll Style65 Guy Body II (Mereng Beige), and a Style65 Ell head.

When did you order?
      2019-06-23 and he arrived the 3rd of September 2019. I did have custom costs to Europe but not as much as I’d expected.

Was the quality appropriate for the price?
      I really love the quality of Migidoll. The body poses well, he can stand on his own, and he’s actually not as heavy as my other boys, I was surprised. His head is decent quality. One of the magnets in the head isn’t too securely attached however. The face up artist said that this was great quality resin to work with. So yes! Definitely good for the price.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes! I didn’t have a face up though, so it was not the same as the sales pictures with face up. But it’s definitely accurate. :)

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes! Very. I was looking for a cute sculpt for my angel plans. He’s still going to be an angel. But that’s not done yet. But he’s perfect!

Positive and negative points
      Positive: Lovely sculpt, good posing, not too heavy body. Very happy with him.
      Negative: The arm joints don’t bend as naturally as the legs. You can’t take the head off and put it on without hurting your fingers. You really need a string or something to handle the S-hook. He’s the only one of my dolls I can’t use just my fingers.

Would you buy more from this company?
      Even though I love how he looks, probably not. Their sculpts all are pretty similar. So I think I’ll stick with Ell only.

For the box opening:
      https://denofangels.com/threads/migidoll-ell-head-plus-body-arrival.809738/

Picture:
      [​IMG]

13. * What did you order?
      Style65 Guy body (ver.2) in meringue beige, plus optional hands, during Migidoll's discontinuation sale of the body.

* When did you order?
      1 December, 2022. Paid in full. The doll seemed to be in stock (not made to order) - Migidoll shipped to my proxy (I used a Korean shopping service) on 5 December, and I received the shipment from my proxy on 14 December.

Yes, it's a well made sculpt. I got it at 40% discount (discontinuation sale) so I have no complaints at all!

Yes

Yes, it's what I wanted and I'm happy to have received it so quickly.

It's a well made sculpt with beautiful details. He came with kips, which was an unexpected bonus! Although the resin isn't as dense and solid compared to my other dolls, it's still good quality.

I am nitpicky about ball joint engineering, and I think the double-joints don't have as masterful design as my other dolls. There are sharp edges and corners that make posing and moving the joints a lot trickier, to the point where the resin risks being gouged - I already made a few nicks in the resin while posing the joints. And snappy: I pinched my fingertips several times while moving the double joints, and I have to use two hands and some force to pose the joints (compared my other double-jointed doll, whom I can pose single-handedly without effort whatsoever). But this is nitpicky detail and I think the negatives are not dealbreakers (for now).

Overall I like the Style65 Guy body, it stands and poses well, and I'm happy to use it for my planned hybrid boy.

Yes, if it has dolls that I want.

* Pictures

Cross-posted to the waiting room thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--
      Update (July 2023):

My review has changed substantially. I ended up becoming very displeased with the joint engineering issues I mentioned above. I play with my dolls a lot, which is a source of great hobby enjoyment for me -- but I did not enjoy playing with this Style65 body. The poor joint engineering was very vexing to deal with, to the point I didn't even want to look at or play with my doll. No fun at all!
      I ended up selling this Style65 body about 2 months after I bought it, and have since bought a better body to hybrid to my doll's head.

#14 aihre, Dec 15, 2022
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2023