1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll Product Review

Nov 7, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order? Mechanical arm III and an Electronic Eye.

* When did you order? My order was confirmed on 2012-12-18.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? For the arm, yes. For the eye, no!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? The arm was mostly the same. On the webpage, the plastic piece where the light show through is clear with no color and become red when the light is on, but the arm I received had that part red colored even when the light is off. Not a big deal for me.

The eye though, is totally different. On the official picture of Ringdoll, there's a part carved in circle around the hole where the light goes out that simulate the iris, and there's another circle around that that let some red light show through. What I received is a gray semi-sphere of plastic with random dent carved in it. It it not the same at all. It look way cheaper.

* Were you satisfied with the product? I'm satisfied with the arm, but NOT with the eye. I'm currently exchanging emails with Jenny from Ringdoll about that. I sent them pictures of what I received, they told me that what I received look like the picture on their website and that they sold many electronic eyes. But I'm really not satisfied with that answer as what I received is NOT like what they show on the website, and if the picture on the website was something like what I received I would have NEVER paid for that! I'm hoping for a replacement or a refund.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) The arm is really cool, with a jointed hand, I think it is entirely in plastic, but I really love it. The eye of course is really really disappointing and look cheap. The shipping was kinda long (they told me 28-35 working days), but I only received my order on the 2013-03-25. Jenny is a really nice person and really patient!

* Would you buy more from this company? Yes and no. I'd buy dolls, because I have a Wolf I bought from Jeeryama and the sculpt is gorgeous, but for parts and accessories, I'll be sure to search thoroughly for reviews and pictures from owners before buying anything. Looks like there's some fake representation in their pictures (sadly I did some search before making my order but I couldn't find any owner pictures of the electronic eyes.) Or at least, they could update their pictures if the product change (like the plastic part of the arm, I personally don't mind that the clear part is red, but this could be disappointing for someone else).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. * What did you order? Kirin // Zombie Sol
      * When did you order?
      2.12.2012 // 9.25.2012
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes
      Both dolls are amazing and have such great detail. I do wish they had more clothing options to buy from their site.
      I am waiting for the 2013 release of the Frankenstein and will order directly from Ringdoll this time. I also want to buy some jointed hands from them.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. * What did you order?
      - Pan

* When did you order?

-Yes.

-Yes, maybe more beautiful!

-I can't be more satisfied!

-New type body is sooooooooooo great..

-Yeah~I've bought the new doll:Crystal!

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. What did you order?

I ordered a white skin Wolf doll with the RGMbody-02 without any makeup. I also ordered the Mechanical hand III a while later and asked to have both orders combined.

When did you order?

I ordered the doll on April 30 2013 and I ordered the mechanical hand on May 12 2013.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

Absolutely! The quality of the doll is amazing. The sculpt is beautiful, there are no seam lines which I greatly appreciate and he has great posing abilities. He looks exactly like I imagined he would and I really enjoy owning such a high quality doll! The mechanical arm is also really cool and also of high quality. I like the jointed fingers on it. The metallic look is very nice and realistic. :)

Did the item look like the sales pictures?

I ordered my doll without makeup but beyond that he certainly looks like the sale pictures. I think the sales pictures give a very accurate view on how the doll looks in real life.

Were you satisfied with the product?

I am super happy with my doll. I have looked at this doll many times since I first got interested in BJDs. He is exactly as I had imagined and I am very happy I purchased him :whee:.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)

I really enjoy how well the doll and the mechanical hand poses. I also think it's great that the resin is so smooth with no seam lines at all. I was very happy to find a pair of closed hands and two pairs of very pretty eyes included in the dolls box when I opened it.

Would you buy more from this company?

Absolutely! I would be happy to buy from Ringdoll again! :thumbup

6. What did you order?

I ordered a Ringdoll Crystal, eyes and wig included + clothes

When did you order?

I got the order confirmation on the 23th of June

Certainly. He is very posable. He's the only doll of mine that can be posed in so many positions. No other doll of mine can do the same !:)
      His resin is very nice and the colour is like I want it. He has an adorable faceup.:aheartbea

Yeah !

I am very happy ! Although I had another style in mind when I bought him, he has been restyled completely (by my youngest daughter - I let her handle it because I was curious what she wanted him to look like) and I love him to pieces ! :love

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)

I had ordered a Crystal with faceup. Got one without faceup :...(. But that was solved friendly and quickly by Cherry. I got another head with faceup !
      I got some extra pair of eyes both times. That was a nice surprise !
      I very much like his poseability !

Certainly ! The communication was excellent ! I like that also. :thumbup And the poseability really surprised me !

[​IMG]

7. * What did you order? Limited Frankenstein, fullset (unpainted) and the 2011 edition head.
      * When did you order? I joined the presale event on July 2nd and paid the rest in August when he was officially released.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely. He's a gorgeous doll, poses wonderfully, and feels very sturdy. He was a lot of money for me, but I feel like he was very much worth it.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? If he was painted, he would. All the pieces shown in sales photos were included, all the sculpting was the same, and the two heads that came with him were exactly the same as pictures of them blank.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) The communication was wonderful. I talked to Cherry during the whole process and felt very secure about my purchase. The packing was done very well and not a single piece was broken or missing.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes. There are so many dolls on their site that I'm trying not to talk myself into!

8. * What did you order? Limited Frankenstein 2013 Fullset

* When did you order? late july 2013

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, quality is great

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes

* Were you satisfied with the product? Very much!

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) The poseablity is absolutely amazing, he was strung tight and holds poses like a charm. Very happy about that! Blushing and faceup is stunning too. The only downside was the outfit that stains super bad, but let`s hope washing it solves this problem.

* Would you buy more from this company? Definitely! One of my Faves!

[​IMG]

9. * What did you order? RingGrown Sol Fulset Tan - jointed hands Tan - wigs - swords - whip
      * When did you order? June/2013
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Every promotional photo has a production and post-production, however the products I received are definitely the same models displayed on the site.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional): The doll is tight, with joints well made ​​and stable. The clothes and shoes set are well made and has a great fit. The wigs are very soft and smooth cut. The sword and whip have enough details.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Certainly.

This is Kilian.
      [​IMG][​IMG]

10. * What did you order? Full-set Ringdoll Julia, high-heeled feet, glass eyes, and reaping hook
      * When did you order? July 19, 2013
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Very much! My doll is absolutely beautiful, and the details in the outfit are stunning. The only difference was in the hair piece, which was pictured with pink roses rather than the red I received. Very minor detail, and I don't mind at all!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Oh yes.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Everything in my experience was positive. Good communication with fast responses, faster production and shipping time than I had expected, superb quality. I can't even think of anything bad to say.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Definitely. I plan on purchasing Jack the Ripper from Ringdoll when he's released.

[​IMG]

11. * What did you order? Frankenstein 2013 - full set - painted

* When did you order? middle August 2013

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I'm happy with the doll's quality but I'm very disappointed that the outfit stained all the lower body in a few hours he had it on. The stains are very hard to remove. He will never wear it again.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, totally!

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional):
      Positive: Unique, great concept, love every detail in his body, the body and mechanical parts painted beautifully, very well strung, good posing.
      Negative: Outfit stained badly his lower body and its been really hard to remove those stains. He wont wear the outfit again.

* Would you buy more from this company? Certainly

[​IMG]

12. * What did you order? Two wigs and a staff

* When did you order? September

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, it was, they were really nice quality, I was pretty happy with it

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yeah

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional): The quality seems good, its a nice color, the staff is shiny and cool, and they were packaged pretty well

* Would you buy more from this company? Oh yeah! :)

13. * What did you order? Ringdoll Valo
      * When did you order? Summer 2012
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely. He's better than I imagined.

Highs:
      -Holds a pose very well
      -Very stable stander.
      -Great range of motion, up and down, for his head.

Issues
      -Gotta say it... His fingers are SO skinny, I'm afraid I'm going to break them.
      -Skinnier than normal MSDs. Most clothes are quite loose on him.

* Would you buy more from this company? I would.

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

[​IMG]

14. What did you order?
      A Full Set Ringdoll Kirin

* When did you order?
      Feb 2012 (layaway)

Absolutely

Even better

Yes

Love the faceup, body work (tattoo), clothing - jacket especially!!! Wish they had more clothing for sale :D

Oh yes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. * What did you order?
      Ringdoll Teen Crystal

* When did you order?
      November 21, 2013

Yes.

His face-up was a teeny bit darker than I thought it would be, but that is fine. His eyelashes were NOT applied to his face-up, rather they were sent with him in a little baggy and I had to attach them myself.

Overall, very much. :)

My only disappointment was the eyelashes mentioned above, however it was not a big deal for me. Luckily I am very interested in face-ups and studied many Youtube tutorial videos while I waited for him to arrive, so I had a good idea of how to apply them. But had I not been interested in doing face-ups or didn't know what to do, I think I'd either be terrified while trying to apply them or would have had to pay even more money to get a face-up artist to do it for me. He is my first BJD and I was expecting them to be a part of the face-up that I paid for, especially since his sale pictures seemed to have included them and my partner's doll (of a different company) came with them on. That being said, I'm happy that they sent eyelashes with him so I at least had the option of putting them on.
      Either than that though, he is an amazing doll. He's a good weight and poses beautifully. The rest of the face-up is absolutely gorgeous.

I think so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

What did you order?

Ringdoll Frankenstein 2013 Fullset

When did you order?

End of July 2013

Absolute!!

Oh yes! Every single detail is perfect as promised on the sales pictures.

Yes! I'm so happy to get this amazing masterpiece!

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      Frankenstein is an amazing detailed sculpt. The whole concept is so creative and perfectly created.
      The unique idea with the brain behin a transparent resin headcap, the mechanic heart, all mechanical parts from feet to gasmask and tank - just gorgeous!

Sure!!! I already have Jack the Ripper and Misha on layaway - this time not directly from Ringdoll, I used an official dealer - but I'm sure I will order directly from Ringdoll again one day because their customer service is wonderful. The contact via Email was prompt and very kind all the time, they offered layaway which is very important to me, packed each part of the doll and accessoires so perfectly well and helped with the customs declaration so the shipping was fast and not much customs fee to pay

[​IMG]

17. * What did you order? Teens Crystal and Ameythst
      * When did you order? Octoberish
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! They are stunning
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Most defiently
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so, they are beautiful, i'm planning on getting more from them!
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) They've given me extra eyes, and they gave me a free promotional book as well, which was always awesome, much appreiated :)
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes! I have 4 more dolls i'm planning on getting from them, they are great, love the company!

18. * What did you order?
      In 2012 I order a Full Set Kirin. In 2013 Ringdoll gifted me with a doll of my choice and I chose Grown Edward.

* When did you order?
      Kirin was a little before he discontinued, Jan 2012, i think. Edward was in November 2013.

Very much so. Both full set and basic doll.

I love Ringdoll recent pictures because they are always very clear and you can see the face of the doll from many different angles. When I bought Kirin I was a little worried because I couldn't see his face very well but I was not disappointed at all. He was even more handsome than I thought. Edward too. Very expressive and versatile sculpt. So i would say they look even better than then pics.

Very. The quality was great before but I think they have improved since then. It makes me very happy to see it. As far as outfit goes, they are carefully made and fit the doll perfectly.

As a faceup artist, I find it very important to give my own touch to the doll and make them look different from the company website. I find Ringdoll Grown very expressive and I love painting them. I also find them extremely elegant and actually they are probably the only ones that can stand on their own straight from the box.
      I noticed with Edward that the resin changed, so did the left hand (something that bothered me before since it looked very stiff and unnatural). I'm happy with this changes, means they are looking to keep improving their products.

There are only 2 negative aspects. One is the jointed hand. I ordered it with Kirin because I already didn't like the old left hand from Ringdoll pictures, however, I was unhappy with the jointed hands . The elastic was very loose, very thin. The way the hook was placed meant the hand could not move on the wrist. They are beautiful hands, but those issues must be addressed (if they haven't already)
      The 2nd negative aspect is that they do not send spare elastic, for neither the body nor the jointed hands. One of the fingers is not off cos the elastic broke and I can't find thin enough ones to replace it.

Definitely, it's already in my plans to do so. I wish they would stop making so many dolls I wanna buy!!

Here are my boys, Genda (Kirin) and Takeru (Edward)
      [​IMG][​IMG]

19. What did you order?
      Ringdoll Jack the Ripper fullset

When did you order?

November 2013

Yes

Yes

Yes! Jack is an amazing doll and his fullset outfit and accessoires are gorgeous

First I was a little disappointed by his faceup. It is really beautiful done, very delicate - but it's very pink, so the head is no match for the paler body anymore. Later when I dressed him it's no problem anymore, but if you dress him in some clothes which show more of his beautiful body, the problem will appear again unless I'll add bodyblushing.
      His top hat is made of flat black rubber, so you have to be careful with scratches (even the tiniest scratches with fingernails get visible).
      The outfit is amazing high quality, I cannot stop touching the heavy coat, I love the fabric.
      The doll itself is strung very tough, which allows Jack to stand like a rock out of the box, but makes it difficult to change the head or hands (sadly you need to take off the hands for the extra accessiores. If I pull the hand parts, it's so tough and I don't trust the thin S-hook, so I feft Jack without his extras)
      Jack's fullset came with so many extras! Next to lots of delicate accessoires there was this gorgeous extra book, designed very well and special, with wonderful information and pictures and extra CD.

Yes!!! If my last free space at home would allow more large dolls, I'd fill up the room with more Ringdoll boys for sure!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. What did you order?
      Ringdoll Misha fullset

When did you order?

November 2013

Yes

Yes

Yes!

Misha looks very cute, his faceup is done really beautiful and delicate. He is strung very tough, which makes it difficult to change the hand parts (you need to take them off to dress him in his fullset sleeves; I haven't tried this because I don't trust the S-hooks). I really wished Ringdoll would use a hand swapping mechanism like some other companies do, so it makes it easier to take them off for dressing tight outfits.
      His fullset outfit is great! I love the fabric and texture! And what I love the most apart Misha himself, is the Oni mask which came with the fullset!!!

Yes!!! If my last free space at home would allow more large dolls, I'd fill up the room with more Ringdoll boys for sure!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]