1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5Stardoll Feedback

Jul 28, 2009

1. [SIZE=+1]5Stardoll Feedback[/SIZE]

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order?
      46cm WS doll - Ethan

* When did you order?
      July 16, 2009

Direct, via Ebay

Good. A message was sent asking about faceup or not, and a second message was sent with a tracking number when the doll shipped out.

Typical ebay-paypal.

Shipping message sent on the 26th, doll arrived the 28th. *boggle*

Very. This is a new company, and their prices are low, so I was expecting a somewhat low-quality doll. Boy was I mistaken! This boy is gorgeous. He's double-jointed at both knees and elbows, stands like a rock, and can touch his face. Hands are well-sculpted, body is nicely streamlined... yeah, I'm impressed. The only place he has problems is with kneeling.

As well as it can given the clothed and faceupped sales pictures and the fact that I wanted it totally blank. ^^;

Very.

Yes. I look forward to see what else they create, and if they solve the kneeling problem.

Yes.

3. What did you order?
      1/4 WS Emma w/ default faceup.

When did you order?
      9/13/09 *sent payment*

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Through their eBay store, before they had an official site..

How was the communication?
      Very good, answered my questions within the day.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with paypal~

How long did it take to ship?
      Doll arrived three days after shipping notice.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Actually, was much better than expected. Doll poses amazing.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Looked much better, faceup was actually a pinker tones.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes!

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      n/a

Would you order from this company again?
      definitely

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      So long as it was in good condition, yes.

4. Sorry if there was already a thread for this, but I didn't find one...

So I ordered an Aiden from 5Star. I had a custom face-up done and was super excited. When he got here his eyebrows were a dark brown and faced down like he was angery. I had requested they be a darker shade of white(So as to not catch ALL the light in photos). I had also asked that they be arched to make him look happy. He was also supposed to have white eyelashes, which he did. The problem with those was that one fell out a week after having him... Then the magnets in BOTH horns fell out and I had to glue them both back in. After contacting them they said they would refund me half the cost of what I paid for the face-up. I don't really know if that's fair, or if these are normal problems. Mostly because I bought my first doll from a person that buys used dolls and resells them at anime cons to help people get into the hobby. I love both my boys, and am not mad at the doll for this, but it really did upset me.

If you have any advise, stories similar to this, or tips I would love to hear them! Thanks!
      -Liz

5. Well, in my personal experience, eyelashes tend to fall out- as do magnets, those are normal problems. The face-up being different from what you requested might be something less common, and in that case it's nice that the company agreed to refund you half of your money since they didn't meet your standard. Other than that while unfortunate, problems like yours seem to be cosmetic and don't really warrant any major complaints generally speaking around the forum. (Disclaimer: this is just according to what I've personally observed, your experience may be different.)

Hopefully you can still bond with your doll and enjoy him/her anyway!:)

6. I got Aiden also and I had to glue his magnets back in..I didn't think much about it. The face up was what I wanted.

7. :aheartbea5 STAR DOLL:aheartbea

All feedback must be left in the following format so as to best inform everyone of how your transaction went with the company. Be as specific as you like, and additional comments are always encouraged :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?

8. * What did you order? NS Tumnas on SD Super Girl Body
      * When did you order? Summer of 2011
      * How was the communication? Slow, inconsistant but there was communication
      * How easy was it to pay? Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 1 month
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? unfortunately yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No, Faceup chipped and practically destroyed upon arrival, hand broke when we tried to dress her in a loose fitting shirt, resin is extremely brittle
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They offered to sell me another head with the same requested faceup, I plan to do this but have not had the money
      * Would you order from this company again? Only if things improve, maybe with their minis but not another super
      only heads

9. * What did you order? Emily MSD, extra head, wig
      * When did you order? August 25
      * How was the communication? Excellent
      * How easy was it to pay? I had difficulty with my Paypal, they were patient and did not cancel my order while I resolved it
      * How long did it take to ship? Almost 11 weeks
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? HELL YES
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The doll looks better then the pictures, the wig was shaggier and the bangs are too long
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? The only issue was that it took so long, but they sent free shoes when they did send her.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Only for items no longer sold or when I want an item like clothing without ordering a doll.

10. * What did you order?Super Michelle (YS, blank, c/w wig, eyes, shoes), Tiny Tong Tong (YS + faceup), + Super high heel feet, TC15 (tiny dress), TS15 (tiny shoes), TW35 (tiny brown wig)
      * When did you order? First week of November, 2011.
      * How was the communication? Excellent, couldn't be better! 5star makes quick replies, can answer any and all questions in fluent English, and will accommodate you however they can - don't be afraid to add things to your order or ask about items that aren't available on the site! They will gladly try to meet any requests.
      * How easy was it to pay? Paypal, very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped beginning of January, 2012 and received January 12, 2012. (Via DHL, which was a terrible experience - for customers in Canada, perhaps request EMS from 5stardoll?)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Most definitely, I'd say I got a real bargain! Don't let the low prices fool you into thinking the quality is much lower.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? There are no images of Michelle without a faceup so it's hard to say - but I would say she looks exactly as I wanted her to and was a very clean slate. Face is a bit bigger than I expected. Tong Tong's faceup does not look like the website's faceup - mine has darker brows and lashes, and there are distinct vertical purple lines across her pink lips, which looks odd in person but photographs well. Otherwise, yellow skin is exactly as expected, and dress, shoes, and wig are exactly as expected (though I would say the wig is a bit darker/ more natural looking than the site photo).
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes - but I did have a few problems. I was really happy with how beautiful the dolls turned out to be, the fact that they have no seams, the fact that they are strung tightly and pose well, and my other items were lovely too. I was happy that they fulfilled the requests I made for a reddish wig and brown eyes as the free random wig and eyes that come with Super doll orders. I should have made a request for high heel shoes because they gave me sneakers instead and I'm sure they would have taken my request. ISSUES: Super wig is a bit small and slides a lot on Michelle, high dome eyes are difficult to position in Michelle's head, Michelle's head slot is not big enough to fit the S hook and hardly fits the two loops of string in her neck through it, and the hook in one of the heel feet was embedded in the resin and I had to dig it out in order to be able to attach it to the S hook in her ankle. Dolls are also not coated as a forewarning (this is a very minor problem though).
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I didn't contact them about it since I fixed the problems myself. (Attached Michelle's head by pulling the string through the neck slot and then attaching the S hook, dug the embedded hook up out of her foot, silicone wig cap keeps the wig on). I may contact them just to let them know about the difficulty with Michelle's head slot for the future.
      * Would you order from this company again? For sure! You really can't beat the price and beauty of the dolls and the customer service.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, but only if it wasn't possible to order through the company, because my experience with them was too good not to deal directly with them again. <3

11. * What did you order? NS-Y Tumnus, NS-P MSD boy body and NS-P Rex
      * When did you order? November 18, 2011
      * How was the communication? horrific. I ordered through MoC, there was no notice until January when they sent the first half of the group order to MoC without notice. There was no more communication until the end of March when the rest came.
      * How easy was it to pay? easy, used my credit card through MoC
      * How long did it take to ship? 20 weeks (more than twice the estimated 5-8 weeks)
      not really. Tumnus's hip joint pops out, the MSD foot has issues and Tumnus's head doesn't match his body. Tumnus's hands are so tiny, they look like MSD hands on an SD body. They put a HUGE s-hook on Tumnus and I will have to replace it just to get his head on. I got NO extras at all with these, even though the listing said Rex came with wig and shoes. (though maybe it was because I got them during an event? not sure)
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? mostly, except the hands are even smaller irl
      Rex is adorable. the MSD body is good looking. Tumnus's head is beautiful, but the body leaves a lot to be desired.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A After 145 days of waiting, and no communication, I didn't even bother trying to contact them
      * Would you order from this company again? HELL NO.
      I might buy a head or smaller doll, but only if I could be sure it had no issues first.

12. * What did you order?

5SD Super Edmund in normal skin

* When did you order?

2/29/2012

Directly through 5SD

Communication was great. There was always a quick response to my questions, and they were always polite.

Super easy, and payment confirmation was sent quickly

A little over a month. After ordering on Leap Day, he was shipped 4/10.

The quality was great for the price. His resin's a little too shiny for my taste, but a quick sealing fixes that easily. He seems to pose well, and his face-up is really nice.

Yes it did! I unwrapped his head and there was no doubt that this was an Edmund.

Yes I am! My dolls is very lovely!

N/A

Yes, but only through their site, because I've seen issues that dealers have had with larger orders taking a while.

If I couldn't get it from the company, then yes.

13. What did you order?
      Two pairs of the new body hands for 1/6 dolls (grey and tan) and a pair of horns to replace lost ones (tan).

When did you order?
      September 9th.

How was the communication?
      Ugh. They responded quickly to my questions about making it, but always with "Hello, we will ship your order next week" and nothing else (only to make me wait several more weeks)

How easy was it to pay?
      I had no problems.

How long did it take to ship?
      13 weeks for hands and horns. It took 65 business days to ship, when the product pages all said 50 days (without specifying business or not, so I just went with weekdays)

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      No. The hands were clearly rushed and the horns came without the magnets glued in. I wouldn't mention the magnets, except it's clear they only wanted to be rid of me for asking them how long I should wait for my shipment. The hands have scratches in the palms, the hooks aren't even open because of resin climbing up where the opening should be, there are holes in them, and the pair I got in grey has marbleized white bits on the back of the hand. They're really not acceptable considering everything else I've got that's from this company has been great- but maybe it's because it was not directly from them.

An example, large image warning (also I am not a good photographer)

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      No, see above.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      No, and I'm going to ask for replacements.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I can't say anything about this yet, but I will update when it's all done with.

Would you order from this company again?
      Probably not, but if they send me good replacements, I might. I'm not keen on it, though. Companies copy/pasting answers and not looking at my questions tick me off.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, I'm very fond of my B-type 1/6 dolls and how they pose and their sturdiness as well as how they've not yellowed or greened at all. I like the dolls. Not happy with the company.

14. * What did you order?
      MSD girl body in normal resin

* When did you order?
      march 28th 2017

directly from the company's site

not really applicable as i did not ask any questions, but the site was easy to use and they kept me updated on my order's status regularly!

very easy!

i got my shipping notice and tracking info on may 2nd, 5 weeks after placing my order, and received the body on the 9th of may

yes! for a MSD sized body under $150, i am very impressed with the sculpting and overall quality of the product.

exactly like it

yes!

N/A

definitely! very quick service and a sleek, easy to navigate site. i've been looking at their new mature tiny....maybe i'll try and snag her a little bit down the road.

sure, if i could not go through the company themself!

15. * What did you order?
      Super star body, 1/6 girl Anna and I got Miss S and free EMS shipping on Spring Festival Event

* When did you order?
      Feb 2017

directly from the company's site

They seemed nice, friendly always answered when I asked questions. But I had a lot of problems with their website. My account was erased, I couldn't log in anymore so I couldn't see any of my purchases. I followed all their instructions, created a new account but the problem was never solved.

very easy!

They shipped almost 2 months later than they sad they would (on june 8, 2017)

Yes, but unfortunately each doll's soft bags were not send with them, the dolls were wrapped in protective plastic and other stuff but were loose on the box so the body arrived with a broken ankle and a crack on the tight

yes, but the pictures and description on their website is no good. I didn't know they only sell single jointed bodies.

No, the dolls are cute, and well made for the price they cost. But the body has R and L scratched on each knee. If I decide to put on shorts and take pictures of the doll seated, this may show. Anyway, this bothers me a lot

I've wrote them and I'm waiting their feedback. I said I would like replacement for the broken parts. I'll contact paypal also

It'll depend on how they'll solve this. I would buy the yosd but not the big dolls.

Probably not

16. * What did you order? MSD Elaine, with faceup
      * When did you order? April 19, 2017
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly, on their website
      * How was the communication? Very good! Took a couple of days to receive their answers but I expected that.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy!
      * How long did it take to ship? It took a week once I got a email saying it shipped.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely! The doll is so beautiful especially with the face up!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would order from 5SD again for sure!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, if it's in good condition.

17. (I only recently found out about the existance of this thread, so I already have this doll for two years by the time I am posting this. Anyhow, I really like the doll I got from 5stardoll so I really wanted to post my feedback)
      * What did you order?
      A Mu Ran head on the double jointed female body
      * When did you order?
      11th of October 2015
      Directly through their website
      Very easy and nice, as you might notice from what I ordered, I wanted to hybrid one of their male heads with the female body and they were super sweet answering my questions and helping me out with my order
      Very easy using Pay-Pall
      She was send out in less then 4 weeks
      She wasn't that expensive and is really nice quality
      Yes
      Yes
      Definitely, I am currently considering their girl Elaine
      Yes, if the doll is in good condition

18. * What did you order?
      Elaine

* When did you order?
      Late September 2018

There really wasn't any, but it wasn't needed.

Very easy

roughly 4 months, which was the time they estimated.

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      No

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      No problems that I took to the company. I'm not really fond of how the 'white skin' option honestly looks yellow-skinned, but that's not something I'd contact them over.

Probably not just because I've realized that I don't like single-jointed bodies and their MSD sized dolls all seem to have single-joints. But the quality is pretty darn great. She stands like a champ and her face-up is gorgeous!

19. * What did you order?
      Kevin 1/3, Aiden-10 1/6, Tony 1/6 (free doll), 1/3 Jointed Hands

* When did you order?
      February 2018 (spring festival event last year) and November 2018

Direct from the company

Good.

Very easy.

Hm... I wait around 2 months before it shipped, if i'm not mistaken.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes!

-

If can, i want a few more of their 1/6 dolls with the old body. Because the new body only have single jointed on the knee and single part body, make their pose is limited. Although, if it's about aesthetic, the new body looks very nice is my opinion.

Maybe yes.

20. Wow,
      You glued or magnet, with what type of glue?
      Mine fell too. :(
      When I puted the magnet back in place, at the bottom of the head. Unfortunately, I puted the wrong side. He got stuck and doesn't come out.
      And I can't remove it, to put the right side. Could someone help me by telling me how can I remove?
      :(