1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5th Motif Discussion - part 5

Apr 7, 2020

1. They are amazing:)

2. @Grimalkin
      I bet you could stretch them! The fabric is SUPER stretchable.
      And actually you need to stretch them gently at the palm hem to put them on the Universedoll hands as well.
      But since I have Universdolls, I don't want to super stretch the pinky and have it look loose. It seems that the 5th Motif hands have a rounded end to the pinky finger, as well as it being slightly bent in the default hands compared to the default Universedoll hands, so those two things together made the pinky for the glove not want to slide on very easily.

I can try to take photos tomorrow if you'd like still. I only put the glove over the pointer, middle, and ring finger. The pinky didn't want to go down past the rounded tip, so I had not attempted the thumb yet either. (Since when I put them on my Universedoll hands it seemed easiest to put the four fingers on first and then gently stretch the palm hem until it slipped over the thumb.)

3. i'd love to see them, doesn't matter which hands, so if the Universe Doll is he best fit i can follow you over there :thumbup
      i've got those in basic. do they match up in size with the Timeless bod? i don't remember if i compared them... brain be fuzzy...

4. @Grimalkin
      I believe the wrist joint for the Universedoll hands is larger than the 5th Motif hands, but I can't remember if I've tried them on the Timeless body either.... My Universdolls and 5th Motif guys are rather different resin tones, so I may have just never tried them together.
      Since the aesthetics are more similar to each other with their long slender fingers than most other BJD hands, it's interesting now to see the detail differences (in terms of them both fitting into the gloves).

5. i'll have to drag everybody out and see what's what this weekend :evilplot:

6. @Mysha - Aww, what a lovely gift! :D

7. i got my Tianba eyes and they look so good in Venitu... :celebrate now i have to decide which colour suits him the best...

8. from that last round in April, these were called #4 and #7. They fit a lot of my boys, everyone is gonna be fighting over them... I have a couple other makers, but they've not shipped to me yet so we will see who gets what! I have a second Venitu head now (Tizon), my first one (Riven) has sort of hazel green eyes. Not sure if i'll twin them, or shadow twin them, or what.

[​IMG]

9. Wow, those eyes are super stunning! Which size did you get? Do they fit well?

10. right??? they do such beautiful patterns, the larger iris models you can see more details, but for the realistic boys, i like the small iris. these are the 14mm with small iris, and when i got them home, i measured the iris at 5mm. they fit the eye sockets well for Venitu, and a few others - very versatile! i'm supposed to get some more eyes by Niangaoeyes & Cicadawowo hopefully they will also work well, then the hard part is choosing "who" since the whole windows to the soul bit haha

11. 14mm with 5mm iris, that's what I've currently got in Pariah. Though they're eyes that I've made...similar to the top pair in your photo, but nowhere near as nice.

12. no seriously, Pariah's eyes are gorgeous! i didn't know you made them :love somehow the iris look bigger than these, but, they absolutely look well proportioned to him! optical illusions are such a trip!

the top pair in my pic, they have this one odd thing, a very bright yellow dot, in each iris, so it's on purpose, but looks like an acrylic paint spot. hmmm. we'll have to see how that goes. they may find a home in a more closed eye doll as a result. i bet the 2nd pair will go in Tizon, the turquoise.

13. Aww, thanks! They seem a little bigger because their dome is a little higher than I would like. They were one pair of a bunch of test pairs so they're not 100% perfect.

14. @Grimalkin
      I finally had a chance to take out the gloves again! And this time I was a bit more patient with the 5th Motif hands and got the glove over all the fingers. So yes, they can fit on 5th Motif hands!

Edit: Photo in my post below

#95 Lady Ravenswood, Aug 23, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    15. thank you so much for the pictures! that is so cool looking! :love
      i'm trying to wrap my head around how tiny the stitching must be for those inside seams :ablink:

i started thinking about clothing and how the jeans i got for Venitu were supposed to fit that body, and i can't close the waist snap. time to dust off the machine...

16. @Grimalkin
      The stitching is so precise and tiny! I can't imagine trying to sew a glove at all. These ones are so pretty too! :chocoheart

Aaaaand, the guilt got to me so I smoothed out the gloves. :XD:
      They look much better:
      [​IMG]

17. wow they look so cool. i really dig that crimson. :love

18. Wow, the stitching of those gloves is incredible! :aeyepop: Gorgeous colour too!

19. [​IMG] Hello. Im new in this thread. Sharing Barnaby or BB for short :):):)