1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

65cm girls - SOOM Super Gem vs Volks SD16 - anyone know?

Jul 22, 2008

1. I couldn't find an existing thread on this, so if it's already been discussed, sorry. ^^;;

I was wondering, how does the SOOM Super Gem girl body compare with the Volks SD16 girl, size-wise? Can the SOOM high-heeled feet wear the SD16 shoes? Can they share pants?

Thanks in advance for any help! :aheartbea

2. SD 16 girl pants were too snug and too short for my Dia. Elfdoll guy pants so far have fit her the best.

3. I doubt that the Soom girls can wear the SD16 shoes. SD16 high heel shoes are very high and arched. SD16 girls also have smaller feet proportoinately than other girls of similar size.

4. I really wish companies would give measurements! You know, "This shoe fits a 7cm foot". How hard is that?:rolleyes:

5. Here's a basic comparison of measurements between super gem, SD 16 and model doll that I posted in the beryl thread:
      Super Gem
      Bust:27cm
      Waist:17cm
      Hip:28cm
      Arm:20cm

SD16
      Bust:25.5cm
      Waist:17cm
      Hip:26.5cm
      Arm:19cm

Model Doll

Bust:26.5cm
      Waist:18cm
      Hip:28.5cm
      Arm:21cm

Unidoll Real Girls:

Bust: 27cm
      Waist: 18cm
      Hip: 28cm
      Arm: 19.5cm

Super Gem are too large in the bust for most things. I've found some Model doll stuff fits Soom, but its hit and miss at times. I have a friend who has an SD16 body but I'm yet to see if her shoes would fit the soom heel feet.

6. Kawaii_mon, thanks for posting this comparison info; I found it very useful to see at-a-glance the differences, and have just been able to quickly buy some clothes for my incoming Beryl (second owner)! :)

7. I don't know if this will be of any (more) help, but I did post some comparison shots of a couple of dolls, including a Super Gem girl and SD16 girl.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232320

As for the high-heeled shoes, the one pair of Volks shoes I have is a decent fit. The Super Gem's toes don't go down quite as far into the toe of the shoe as the SD16's, so long-term stability might be a slight issue, but the arch of the foot is similar, and the Super Gem's heel fits snugly into the shoe.

With pants... probably not. You'll see in my photos that the Super Gem girl is much more... moreso :sweat in the hips and thighs than the SD16G. Lengthwise, though, they're virtually identical.