1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Modoll Product Feedback

Mar 29, 2017

1. I've seen quite a few Modoll items around the forum but never a review board for their work!

Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

----

* What did you order?
      Hideto Matsumoto 'hide' sculpt head in NS, blank

* When did you order?
      Ordered Jan 6, shipped Feb 6, Arrived Feb 9.

I think so. This was my first purchase of a doll piece but based on other research it's a fairly standard price for a head? Especially for a realistic sculpt based on an actual person. He was a little under $200 with the shipping. They offer hyper-realistic faceup services as well but I ordered blank, saving him for another artist.

Yes, nothing unexpected at all.

Very much so! Their descriptions of the color, the dimensions, etc. are all accurate. Their NS has quite a few resin matches too which is good because they don't sell bodies.

It would be nice to have more resin color options, but their NS is quite versatile..though EXTREMELY yellow toned..but..for a Japanese male sculpt I rather like that. But I think it comes off a little odd on some of the other sculpts. The neck piece for the head is rather large which is good for accommodating of larger bodies that would fit this head best. The exterior is beautifully sanded but the inner eye wells (at least on my piece) had a few rough resin splinters. But they are easily sanded down.
      Magnets to hold the head cap closed too which are DEEPLY embedded into the resin so I can't imagine them dislodging and they are quite strong. The ears are also very 3D and layered. There's lots of nice prominent bits I don't often see on ears on dolls which makes this a great candidate for unconventional ear piercings.

They offer custom sculpts too when buying in bulk orders but unless they were to release a sculpt just for general sale based on someone I wanted I likely wouldn't come back on that basis alone. The company itself is wonderful though and I highly recommend their product.

Pictures included under spoiler (to conserve space):
      -Shot of the piece I have, full 3/4 view.
      -Picture of the eye interior. I don't care about the rough texture in the eye well itself, I care about the texture on the exit of the eye which you can see is quite rough.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. * What did you order?

I have Thranduil, Tom Hiddleston and Chris Evans. I also have Tomei, who was a free gift because I bought the others!

* When did you order?

Various times over the past 4 years...

Yes. The sculpts are lovely. Thranduil was painted by Modoll & the quality is great. I’m almost scared to touch him!

Yup, spot on.

Very happy.

All the sculpts are really nice, and I’m happy with them. The only problem I’ve encountered is Chris has weird eyewells, which makes fitting eyes awkward. The heads are also very big. These guys need 72cm+ bodies! But the sculpting is very good & nicely finished. The company are also very nice - I’ve contacted them with odd requests and they’re always happy to oblige, polite & quick to respond. I actually gave Tomei a body because I preferred the free head to the one I’d been using!

Yes! I definitely will if they come out with more sculpts I like. I may commission them too.

3. * What did you order?
      Tom Hiddleston

* When did you order?
      In 2018

Absolutely, he is made of high quality resin and the likeness to the actor is near perfect.

Yes, they have pictures of the head blank and with it done up and the pictures show the sculpts potential.

Oh yes.

Aside from the sculpting the resin is thick and strong so I don't really have worried about it suffering damage should it accidentally take a fall. The gripe I have is that the head needs a 13cm neck to fit its body and really limits choices.

Yes. Most definitely.

Tags: