1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

GEM of Doll Feedback

Aug 27, 2017

1. www.gemofdoll.com/en

Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      * Would you order from this company again?

2. * What did you order?
      Rae Fullset

* When did you order?
      Early March

At first communication was really great. I ordered directly through them via e-mail (this was before the site revamping) but by April communication fell off. And this was after I just placed a second order for two more dolls with them. I had to reach out to their rep on DoA to get anyone to look at my e-mails. I never got a reply on DoA even though my PM was marked as read. Eventually someone on this forum reached out to them via Weibo which actually sparked them finally taking action and talking to me about where my order was. They do not prioritize their e-mail and overseas orders. They clearly respond to social media on their Chinese website and Taobao account, just not those of us who ordered directly overseas via e-mail which is more than a little upsetting to me.

Too easy. You pay over PayPal but they don't always have the same PayPal e-mail which seemed really suspicious. They changed the e-mail I needed to send payment do during my layaway process. I noticed their first account was banned from accepting friends/family payments which seems to be why they made a second account to ask people send it via friends/family payments there instead since it had not been flagged by PayPal yet as improper usage. So, when they lose privileges to accept gift payments (which they try to have you pay as) so they have to make a new dummy account and keep doing this and PayPal keeps catching them doing this. Keep in mind if you pay via the way they ask you to (via gift/friends&family) you lose all buyer protection that PayPal offers you.

A while longer than it should have, again, due to a lack of communication.

Broken? No. Missing, poor quality, and not as described: yes. I'll talk more thoroughly about this in my product review for the Rae Fullset.

I never brought them up because their communication was so poor before this point. I also started a second order before this one shipped and I was honestly afraid if I brought any of this to light that they'd hold my second order hostage. I'm sure that sounds a bit extreme but you have to realize I'd go months without a reply from them despite my trying to reach them via every single outlet. I didn't, and still don't, have a lot of faith in this company.

Yes, but never again directly. (edit: after my most recent order and learning that I'm not alone in dealing with this, I will never return to this company ever again. Not via dealer, not via the website, nada. I will not support their practices with my dollars anymore). Interesting thing to note, their official Taobao shop is always SIGNIFIGANTLY cheaper. Even when ordering a fullset it always costs less. Even just Taobao vs their Chinese website with the exact same currency, it's cheaper on Taobao. And it's OFFICIAL for the exact same item with the exact same add ons. Even paying a service fee to a third party will get you the same product much much much less expensive and with far better customer service communication.Their product is wonderful, their service is not unless they believe you are in China in which case they have no problem keeping in contact with you and not trying to upcharge the rate.

(please note, this is not me assuming things. If you go to their main site in chinese there's a direct link from their site to Taobao where I verified the rates. You can also verify them by going to their Chinese website vs the English one. In addition, I had my third party buying service reach out to them on Taobao and get a reply and a forum I started here on DoA where someone had contacted them via the Chinese Twitter equivalent also got a reply within the same day they had posted it as opposed to my e-mails which were left untouched for 3 weeks despite follow up e-mails send to them on an actual order. I want to make this clear because *yes* I am angry, but this isn't all conjecture. This is fact)

Edit: I actually wrote this a while ago and never published it. This was written before the most recent fiasco with my latest order with them. I can say as an update to this review that their communication has not improved and I will elaborate on that in my follow up review for Dido and Dedo.

Edit 2: Here is my product review on the order itself.

#2 akaisha0, Aug 27, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    3. * What did you order?
      i ordered a colour-matched 1/3 body with additional zombie hands.

* When did you order?

april of 2017

it started off good but then tapered off. i received at least one message i'm fairly sure was sent by mistake. communication toward the end was slow and i had to prompt them to get a response sometimes.

it was really weird. they used multiple accounts and wanted me to send via friends and family, which i did, but when i went to pay another layaway payment they couldn't accept friends and family, so i sent via goods and services. it was basically exactly as @akaisha0 described.

it took until october to ship, but when it did ship it arrived within 3 days. i had to ask them if it had shipped and if they could send me the tracking number about 5 times, it was ridiculous. they kept saying they would send it and then i would ask for an update and they would say they would send it by whenever, and then i'd wait until a day after that date and ask again.

nothing missing or broken! ^^

there were no problems with my order after it finally shipped, but it was frustrating to get it actually shipped out.

i would really like to as their dolls are beautiful, but not again anytime very soon, and if i did i'd keep in mind how they provided service this time and navigate the transactions accordingly.

4. * What did you order?
      Dido and Dedo fullselts including wig, clothing, shoes, faceup, body blush and additional fisted hands.

* When did you order?
      May 2017, recieved Oct 2017

What communication? Yet again, just like with my last order, I had to harass them on other media and draw the attention of fellow customers to get a response from them. I would give them plenty of time to respond to e-mails and send polite follow up e-mails and get no reply. My hand was forced into practically starting a witch hunt to get them to acknowledge my order and my questions regarding that order at all. And I found out why later on. In addition to the fact GoD already doesn't reply to anything, they had a major system crash and lost all of their records. Instead of coming out and telling anyone this, they just decided to ignore everyone when confronted. I'm not the only one even on this forum who was affected by this. Had we not been discussing this and forcing GoD to acknowledge this, many of us would likely still be sitting here waiting for our dolls with no idea why we weren't getting them and no communication from the company. When I finally found out, I had to resubmit proof of my payments to them because they lost their records. Furthermore, I was told my order would take even longer because they lost the records before my order had been started even. So, instead of pushing my order to the forefront despite the fact I had ordered back in May, it was tacked on to the end of the queue according to Gem of Doll because of their system failure. I pushed this matter and it got rushed through production. Had I been a more timid person, I don't think they would have been rushed through this. Had I not held their feet to the fire, I don't think I'd have my dolls right now and there's plenty of evidence to back that up. This wasn't even a matter of catching them with their pants around their ankles, they are the ones who shoved their own pants down. And yes, I know that constitutes an opinion, but I have proof of everything and all my communications with them. I have no reason to be sympathetic toward their behavior. It was entirely inappropriate of them to behave in the way they did.

No answer. I talk about this too many other places.

See above.

No. Items weren't 100% like the images, but Gem of Doll replaces certain items often times. It's known about their company.

They didn't. They sat back and did nothing. They did not communicate, they ignored attempts of communication for MONTHS, they blatantly refused to acknowledge something was wrong for months on end until I was forced into starting a media campaign to get other customers experiencing this same nonsense involved. No acknowledging e-mails, nothing on the website about this, no post here on DoA about this..just people ignored without any recourse because, again, we have to pay via PayPal's friends/family tab thus keeping us from buyer protection.

No. Gem of Doll is not a small company as is evidenced by hundreds of TaoBao orders just in the last year. The problem is, they are not properly equipped to handle international orders or orders made anywhere but TaoBao that can actually hold them accountable with buyer protections. In fact, GoD will demand you pay them via Friends/Family on PayPal which is in clear violation of PayPal's ToS and costs you any buyer protection when situations like this occur.

5. * What did you order?
      Hallea, blank, in tan resin, direct.

* When did you order?

August 21, 2017. She arrived December 27, 2017.

Honestly, not consistent. I ordered Hallea with a three-month payment plan. GEM of Doll was great about getting me started and answering my layaway questions. However, making payments could be a little daunting due to delayed communication (I'll get into that in more detail).

After the layaway was paid, I asked for a general estimate on how long production might be. My response to this was that the doll was ready and would be shipped promptly. I waited two weeks. No doll. I email again and it's the same response. In my third email, I clarified that I would not be upset if the doll was still in production. They replied that they reason for the delay was because tan resin was difficult to produce. I'm not exactly sure if what they meant was that tan takes longer in general (which is very normal and understandable) or that there was specifically a complication with my tan resin order. In any case, they assured me that it would be shipped by the end of with week and, finally, it did.

Pretty tedious. At the time I ordered, GEM of Doll's website was fairly new. Their dolls are displayed with a default price that does not automatically adjust to your options ( fullsets, face-ups, premium resin prices, ect). After check-out, you have email GEM of Doll with your order number for a price adjustment. After they manually adjust price on your order, you can make your payment. This was how each individual layaway payment was done for my order Hallea. At the time of writing this, I think this is still how they take payments.

It's not too hard, but it's a fairly intimidating process at first because GEM of Doll's website is not fully in English. The account settings, billing address page and order history are in Mandarin, so I had to use Google-Translate to help me navigate through it all. Waiting for the price adjustment is also something. First one was fast, while the others, not so much. Usually it would take nearly a week before I could actually pay.

All that being said, I consider this an improvement over their previous payment practices, which you can read about in akaish0's and mangameow's reviews that came before mine. Not once did I have to sent paypal payments via Family and Friends. I payed via paypal,l yes, but it was via their checkout system on their website. I was never worried that they wouldn't have a record of my payment and I never saw them change their paypal email on my receipts.

Fast, but also strange? At first, they gave me an EMS tracking number that didn't work. A few days later, they gave me a DHL number (on their own accord). Once it was with DHL, it got to me very, very quickly.

The summer event snail that was supposed to come with my order was missing. It's not a huge deal and it was more of a prop than a doll, but I genuinely looking forward to getting him. You can see the strange little guy with Hallea in the company photos.

Their response to my email was a bit delayed at first. I waited about two weeks and emailed them again. After that, GEM of Doll gave me $10 via paypal to compensate for the missing snail.

Yes. I'm happy with the product and have every intention to order again. However, if I need layaway, I will probably order via a dealer rather than directly.

More on my GEM of Doll experience: Product Review

6. * What did you order?
      Charles, Blank, White, through dealer

* When did you order?
      August 2017

I'm unsure since I went through a dealer and with him being my first doll I didn't take much mind to asking fro updates.

I just used PayPal so it was pretty easy but again it was though a dealer.

It took about 4 days for him to arrive after shipping out,tracking number worked but yet again I have a feeling it's because of through a dealer.

Now this is where thing get a little bit hairy. Upon me unboxing him his left leg was completely unstrung due to the foots hook being beyond bent out of place. It was an easy fix but as a first time doll owner it was disheartening thinking back to it I should have definitely messaged the dealer or Gem of Doll themselves asking what happened because the box has definitely been opened to put in the wig I had also ordered.

Another side note, the box was in absolute disarray, one of the sides of the top was coming off, its was all scuffed up, and it seemed that there was water damage. The inside box was also coming apart as well. It makes me wonder how much care was really put into packing him.

I did not address my problems so I can't say, I really wish I would have.

If I'm being honest no. With both the condition of the box and his leg I'd rather spend my money else ware since he was wasn't the cheapest and it seems like company has really bad quality control over their packing and checking. The doll it's self was gorgeous but it's not worth the hassle by any means.

7. * What did you order?
      Grey skin Chosen

* When did you order?
      2/5/2016

It was fine, I ordered through acbjd

Very simple, I believe I just used my card.

Shipped out on 5/5/2016 and he arrived on 5/13/2016

Nope, he arrived perfect.

N/A

Absolutely.

8. * What did you order?
      Sofier with faceup, bodyblush and wig
      * When did you order?
      December 2016
      At the beginning it was good, but after a few months they didn't reply to my emails, then they replied really late.
      I paid directly with paypal. So no problem.
      After some emails and no replies, they finally shipped her after 9 months.
      No
      They didn't have the event pet anymore which I wanted. They let me choose another one or a wig. So this problem was solved in a nice way.
      Yes, because I love the style of their dolls and even the communication was bad and I waited long time, it's totally worth it for me.

9. * What did you order?
      1/3 Mona in pink skin, nude
      * When did you order?
      Spring 2018
      This time the communication was great. They answered all my e-mails very fast, they sent requested photos and were really kind.
      Very easy with paypal.
      After 2-3 months they already shipped my doll.
      No
      N/A
      Yea, yes, yes. Gemofdoll is one of my favourite companies and also this time I was totally satisfied with the quality of my doll.

10. * What did you order?
      27.5cm Moky (In the colour Normal Pink, with company face-up and boots but not wig or outfit)

* When did you order?
      Ordered: April 24th
      Received: July 26th

Since he didn't take an abnormal amount of time to arrive, and I didn't have any special requests, I did not use any direct forms of communication, although I was sent an appropriate amount of updates on his status.

Very easy, I ordered him through Alice's Collections so I was able to just use PayPal.

About three months after purchase.

Nope! Everything I ordered was there and in perfect condition.

I definitely would, the quality was great. I think he looks even cuter in person than he did in the photos!

11. * What did you order?
      The glorious Ymir Fullset, Ymir open eye head, the coffin special, Night Wolf Alphonse Fullset and elf boy jointed hands.
      * When did you order?
      December 12/2019
      Fast, and super helpful and accommodating at first. Much to be desired at the end. By alot. Frustrating but your best bet is to use FB messenger from my experience.

Easy peasy, used PayPal, with buyers protection
      Layaway finished -January 31/2020
      YMIR FS w/open eyehead-Shipped June 29th/2020
      YMIR -Delivered July 15/2020
      ALPHONSE FS w/elf hands -Shipped "July 6th/2020"
      ALPHONSE -Delivered Aug 4th/2020
      COFFIN -Shipped -(assuming when I acquired about it?) "July 15th/2020"
      COFFIN -Delivered July 27th/2020

None
      N/A
      ...maybe through a well known dealer that can handle their communication issues?

#11 CometChild, Dec 12, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    12. I read bad reviews about their service and being a newbie I experience it the 1st time with this company.

I wanted to order Gaia in grey skin, which they didn’t have any photos of her in that skin on their website. So I emailed acbjds and they told me they don’t have any pic neither. Since she’s really expensive with full set and this is my 1st purchase so I purchased Cora from Charmdoll instead. Then Gem sent me photos of Gaia with faceup in grey skin and I love it. I requested them if they could adjust her nails painting a bit and they agreed. So I forwarded my conversation with them to acbjds and said I wanted to order her with layaway in 3 months (because Gem told me it’ll take them 2 months to finish production, which is really fast).

After that Gem sent me another email saying I can’t purchase grey version through agent and I have to buy directly from them?? Not to mention their price on their website is higher than the price on acbjds.

To be honest their dolls aren’t my most favorite sculpts but I have projects for Gaia so I want her in the grey skin. But look like Gem doesn’t want to support agents or makes it difficult for buyers. Then it’s best to save money and buy from other brands.

And all of this happened yesterday. This morning I woke up and saw their email I’m just really unhappy.

13. * What did you order?
      Basic 1/6 Abby doll.
      * When did you order?
      Mid-November 2020.
      It was good since I purchased through Alice's Collections. If I had any questions, I'd simply email her and she'd respond as soon as she could.
      Easy! Through Paypal.
      A couple of weeks. She arrived December 17th, 2020.
      No.
      The only issues I had was the sanding. It seems a little uneven in some areas but I didn't make a fuss about it since the sealant I used covers up the shiny bit and will likely be covered by clothes anyways.
      I would but considering how spotty I hear their customer service being, I'd recommend ordering through Alice's Collections or a similar site you trust.

14. * What did you order?
      Gaia with grey skin.
      * When did you order?
      11-28-20
      They were quick to email when I had a pending order. Afterwards it was shotty. Then absolutely nothing.
      Very easy with Paypal.
      I never received the item.
      N/A
      I found an *in stock* grey Gaia during the Black Friday Sale and purchased her fairly quickly. After a day I heard nothing. Not even a confirmation email. I emailed them to inquire about the ship date and they responded maybe 2 days later to state they would ship her the next week.(It was Monday or Tuesday when they said this). I waited a week and heard nothing. I emailed them twice through the week after and also heard nothing. Being mega frustrated, I then made a claim through Paypal. 10 days later, Paypal ruled in my favor and refunded my cash.
      Perhaps I was too hasty in filing a claim, but im sick and tired of companies like this. They are spot on communicative before they get their hands on your dough, then don't care for you after they have it. That is so very WRONG!!! These dolls aren't cheap.

If you really have to have one of their lovely dolls(and they really are lovely!), I would recommend staying clear away from dealing with them directly. I myself will not even try to order one of their dolls again.

15. * What did you order?
      The Mirana dress and cloak.

* When did you order?

Late September 2020.

Honestly? Terrible. I wish I had known about this forum before ordering.
      I never received a confirmation of my order. My account remained empty after placing my order and after being logged out automatically I was never able to log back in. I had to send the seller multiple messages asking for a confirmation and expected shipping date before I received a reply. When I finally did get a reply they simply told me my order would be shipped out that week. Weeks later I still had not heard anything, so I messaged them again. And again, and some more. I just did not receive any reply. I actually ended up asking Paypal for my options necause I was pretty sure the seller had no intention of shipping out my order. Then I suddenly received a message with a tracking code. The package did eventually get shipped out, but the experience wasn’t very pleasant.

I used Paypal, so very easy.

A little over two months.

Nope, though the cloak seems like it was made incorrectly.

The cloak is a competely different color and shape than was advertised, but I figured it wasn’t worth the headache trying to contact the seller. So it was handled by me throwing the cloak in a box where it will probably never see daylight again lol.

If I really love an outfit or doll. But I would probably use a third party seller.

16. * What did you order?
      Two pairs of eyes and 1/6 doll/dress mannequin.

* When did you order?
      January 2021

No communication, but an email with a tracking number/link after my order was shipped.

Very easy with Paypal.

About 1 month.

No, everything was fine. I just wanted to try ordering through their site vs a shopping service and Taobao. I had ordered a doll/dress mannequin from them via shopping service. I compared both mannequins and they are both slightly different with how it was assembled at the base. Not a big deal.

No problems.

Potentially. Their prices are cheaper on their Taobao. My only issue is with their EN website is that there is no user account info. There's no order history, no profile, just a layaway message board. It's hard to find my order info. I didn't even receive a order auto-generated confirmation email.

17. * What did you order? Abner nude doll (sleeping head w/faceup)
      * When did you order? Oct 2021
      * How long did it take to ship? It arrived in January 2022
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? The package was 'returned to sender' in Yenzhen for some reason, but I contacted them via email and it was resolved and re-sent without issue.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, though I'll use a dealer next time just because their history makes me want some extra security.

18. * What did you order? Cupid full outfit with wings and shoes
      * When did you order? November 2022
      * How was the communication? I ordered through a proxy and they kept me in the loop, so pretty decent.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, just paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? I never received my outfit!
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? I don't know since I never received it.
      So here's the story. I ordered through Superbuy through their taobao site. I believe the construction period was 2-3 months and each time a month past, superbuy would tell me the seller has delayed the shipping. Okay fine, delays do happen, especially in this hobby. Finally, this month, I asked the proxy where the item is and I get a notification that it was 'shipped' but after a while, it never arrived and filed a refund request with the proxy. They have accepted it and will be sending me a refund...hopefully.
      * Would you order from this company again? I will only buy if the item is stock such as at Dolk.jp. Their outfits are super gorgeous, and I'm willing to buy it in stock at a markup, but no pre orders!

Tags: