1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

a BJD in a MOVIE!

Apr 16, 2007

1. I watched a Japanese horror movie with what I think was a Blythe doll in it, I don't really remember or know if that counts >.>

but anyway, a little girl had a favorite doll, blythe, and at the end of the movie the doll becomes possessed by the little girl's spirit after she is murdered by her father. I noticed that in most movies, with dolls in them, they tend to have crappy actors but this one actually had actors that were believable. It was a good movie! I actually didn't know that it was Blythe in the movie but I was looking for BJD socks on ebay and a picture of Blythe showed up and I recognized her as the possessed doll from the j-horror film :)

2. I have yet to see a BJD in movie but I have seen them in anime and manga of Another. There's going to be a live action as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing BJDs in it. :D

3. I have Reincarnation, Wishing stairs, Death Note and 3 Extremes and When I saw them I didn´t know BJDs.... I need to watch them again. And since I´m a big Asian horror movie fan I am definitely buying Cinderella and Doll Master.

4. Like NoraNeko said there is a BJD (looks like it could be a hand made one) in the third part of 3 Extremes. It's in the part called "Box"

5. Wait where were BJD's in Kuroshitsuji?

Are they talking about Drocell and the girls who were turned into living dolls?

....I don't know if Drocell counts though...I mean he's a puppet...There's also the dolls in the shop in Rozen Maiden Traumend. The man who made Barasuishou has several BJD's in his shop besides her.

BTW I'm watching Dollmaster right now on Youtube (anyone want the link?) and I was wondering....Does Customhouse still make those sculpts?

Just curious for future reference...

6. If I remember correctly a lot of the sculpts shown more close up in Dollmaster were limiteds (or at least limited versions were produced for promotion) for the movie. And even if they're not, I think CustomHouse/Aidolls currently has a stop on production until they can catch up on orders. You'd probably be better off looking for one secondhand.

7. Thanks for answering my question. I know Customhouse has been on Hiatus ordering wise for awhile but I got curious. I'll keep my eye out but I'm not gonna rush if I happen to come across one at a good price yay. If not...*shrug* I'll just be satisfied with my girl and see if I can replicate some of the costumes.

EDIT: I just finished it....I wanted to hug poor Mina and Damian....Does that sound weird? I felt more sorry for the owners and their dolls then the other characters.

8. Oh, I know. I think being doll owners gives us something of a different perspective on the situations in the movie than the average viewer. Chaeri cosplayed as Mina at the convention last weekend (and a few people actually recognized her!), and we watched the movie on Monday night for the 9847230498th time...and of course Ri-ri cried again. I'd like to think I'm not as...ah...dedicated a doll owner as Youngha, but Damien's devotion to her was (to me) very touching.

9. I agree...I really felt sad for Mina and Damien. His devotion to Youngha was just...Sweet. It felt like he was trying to protect her. And Mina well....She meant well and just didn't seem to know what to do with herself.

10. It's called Another. and its on hulu. i have watched a few episodes.

Even the episode titles are centered on steps of making a bjd. i just finished an episode where they go into a shop with dolls everywhere.

just thought it would be interesting to mention.

11. I adore anime and this definitely sounds like an interesting one. I barely come across anime that are based on dolls besides Rozen Maiden so this would be a great addition to my ever growing addiction. xD

12. Be warned that Another is a very creepy and gory series. But yes, a number of episodes do take place in the doll shop.

13. I watched a very interested Asian Thriller, I think it was Japanese, called Goth in which the main "goth" girl has a BJD in a little shrine above her bed. I see it as a pretty interesting thing for them to slip in, the girl having accidentally killed her sister when they were younger, and the way the doll sits there always watching over her dressed in the same outfit she died in. And that's with all the spoilers filtered out! And trust me, when you watch the movie you'll learn it's not a guardian angel thing...

14. Were the mangas "Doll" and "Dolls" ever made into anime? I know the manga themselves have come up on the forums before, because I think that's how I first learned about them. They are a sort of Science Fiction interpretation of the doll owners mentalities and I think they would make cool short films, maybe even in real life.

I really want to get my hands on some of these horror films everyone keeps finding. I think I would get a kick out of watching them with some of my friends. They thought they were afraid of dolls... well.... we'll see about that! :...(

15. theres a Jap movie called Dolls (http://www.mysoju.com/japanese-movie/dolls/) dont know if its about the manga or anything

but spiderlilies a taiwan movie ive seen has bjds in it....if you scroll up youll see my post from before.

16. I just watched a Chinese horror film called Baby Blues (not to be confused with the American film with the same title) that has a doll that seams to be inspired by a BJD. At first I thought it was a rough artist made BJD, but as the film progressed, there were shots of the neck and wrists that revealed it wasn't actually jointed. Even so, the size of the doll, the way it looks and the way the main characters treat it (before figuring out it's evil) really made me think of a BJD.

17. It could possibly have been mentioned before, but I remember reading a manga about a girl who could speak to toys, and who had a doll(that resembled a BJD, I think) that turned into a boy when she kissed his hand every night? There ended up being two dolls eventually... But for the life of me I can't remember what it's called...

Nevermind! I found it! It was called Shounen Dolls

18. It hardly counts as a major plot point, but the kdrama Bachelor' Vegetable Store (or something) has a Volks four sisters in the beginning haha. I was pretty delighted for that to just randomly appear.

19. Not major plot points either, but I saw two J-horror movies recently with BJD artist dolls-- the live action version of "Another", and a movie called "Bilocation". The dolls were big, at least half size, beautiful, and a little creepy. :)