1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

a BJD in a MOVIE!

Apr 16, 2007

1. Yesterday for Friday the 13th they were showing a movie that makes fun of the movie "Scream" called "Shriek" and throughout the movie I noticed that the giant doll they were talking to was a life-size BJD. PaperMoon perhaps?

2. haha i was just about to post about the doll master movie! im in korea right now with my friend and im watching it right now X_X !! so freaky!! but seriously some of the people ask for it XD !!

edit: i repeat again the main character is an idiot! the end made me cry.

3. Im now watching the deathnote movies to try and find them xD; their in the first movie? or second?

4. I own 2 movies containing BJD's
      The one is Three extremes - which has been mention - it's a custommade doll so no brand on that one, but it was there x'P
      Wishing Stairs 1 - I think - also contains scene with BJD's made to look like one of the characters, I wasen't able to see if it was custommade or a brand.

Yeah I'm a horrorfreak -especially when it comes to Asian movies haha, and often they contain BJD's in the forground or background

5. There's also a BJD in the Korean movie starring Super Junior. It's something like Attack on the Pin Up Boys or some similiar title. It's at the very beginning and this really pretty boy gets all these presents from his fangirls, one of which is a BJD that looks just like him.

So, it's not a horror and there's BJDs!

<3 Laura

6. wow... i almost bought cinderella a few weeks ago... now i'm definitely a lot more interested. :)

7. Wow im watching this movie (Cinderella) right now and just saw him so i was gonna go post on DoA... lmao.. but yeah. i was pretty suprised i was like "Woah!"
      anyone know what doll it was?

xD theres starting to pop up all over now xD

i also just watched Super Junior movie, the other day.. but i didnt like the movie D;
      still dunno what doll that was xD

8. Yeah, I'm not much of a Super Junior fan either, but one of my best friends LOVES them, and is now planning to buy the movie; so I'll try to check the credits when ever she gets it. :3

9. Ooh, ooh, ooh! I HAVE that movie :o
      I've never seen very far into it, but now I have to watch it. and then I'll probably scream and call my sister and yell into the reciever :D "OMG JESS!!! THERE ARE ASIAN BALL JOINTED DOLLS IN DEATHNOTE!!!!!!!!!" and then she'll watch it and scream and scare her boyfriend.:lol: Or get annoyed at me for yelling into the reciever.:...(

Yay!!!

10. I've seen them in The Wishing Stairs and Death Note... and this other TERRIBLE movie my mother rented one time. I think it was a Japanese film. It looked promising, but boy, was I wrong. I actually cried at the end simply because I was devestated at how stupid it was.

It was about this crazy man who made real people into BJDs. See? Sounds like a cool idea, but... god, it's only an hour long, but honestly, I felt like I had been watching it for three hours. I wish I could remember the title...

11. I did some photo comparisons (naver.movies refuses to let me link images tho).

Conclusion:
      The bjd in Cinderella is DoD's Wi
      The one in Super Junior's Attack on the Pin-up Boys is Volks' Isao Nanjou.

12. XD I had just started a thread on this, didn't know about this one. Anyways, my favorite manga artist, Junji Ito, did a horror manga called Marronnier where a guy created an invention that turns women into BJDs that he controls and uses them to kill people with. Kind of a Japanese Chucky without the humor. And it was made into a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4atHO-OlI

13. are BJDs ever not in horror films? XD cant they be in some cute movie ; ;

14. There is: Attack on the Pin-up Boys, starring every member of the Korean band Super Junior (minus Kyuhyun, who was still recovering from a car accident some were in). They're even wearing matching outfits! :D

:hamster:
      Tacti

15. >o> That concludes it, I'm going to try my hardest to make a CUTE FLUFFY BJD story.

16. XD There's a couple episodes of Midori Days involving dolls, figures and character puppets. One guy mistakes Midori at first for an Obitsu type doll.

17. What ever happened to the american version of Dollmaster? Did that ever come out and if so did they use bjds or lol american girl dolls?
      I liked dollmaster since bjds has such a huge part in the movie but another korean film called "WISHING STAIRS" has a Bjd cameo in it.

18. Hmm, I saw one movie with a really freaky looking BJD, it was called "Reincarnation." I don't remember it all that much, but I remember it was really good. And the creepy little girl and her doll added a good touch, let me see if I can get a picture of the doll. I couldn't tell what type of BJD it was on the other hand...seeing that the face was destroyed...and I am still learning...