1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

a BJD in a MOVIE!

Apr 16, 2007

1. Oh my, I clicked on the link for Cinderella and I really want to watch it now since it looks interesting, Do you know a site where I can watch it, or download it? I'm also looking for Doll Masters but I can't find that one either! Help?

2. I'm sorry, but then you should follow your own advice. I wasn't being negative before and when you snapped at me, I just went to find evidence of the doll in the movie to defend that it was indeed a bjd. If you want to argue more about it, we'll take it to private messages, but I have NOT been negative to others here.

^_^ And great link, Freya. I hadn't heard of that group before, but I don't listen to much japanese music outside of anime soundtracks XD

3. Well it's not really a movie, but the PV for the song "Seishoujo Ryouiki" (also the theme song of Rozen Maiden Traumend) by ALI PROJECT. Here's a link:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-oApNMYxg
      I also love the song. ^_^
      I don't know about their other videos, I haven't seen them. I don't know if the dolls are custom or not...

4. Has anyone seen the movie "May"? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303361/
      It's an american movie about a odd girl with a huge doll collection. I don't remember much of it, but I think her main doll is a bjd. When I saw it I thought "hey, that looks like a bjd without her eyes in..." I didn't see much of the movie, and I was wondering if anyone had seen some of it, or all of it and could tell me if it WAS in fact a bjd. the lighting was very bad in the part I saw her in, so I honestly couldn't tell. lol.

5. I haven't seen it, but based on the photos at IMDB I'd have to say no. It looks like a standard old fashioned dolly, string or what have you, but not ball jointed.

6. I have 3 Extremes on DVD but I've never watched past the first story! Not that it was too gorey for me, I just didn't have time and completely forgot about it till now. I'll have to check out the last story now!

There is a Japanese Zombie movie called Stacy that I think has some guy that makes BJDs in it. I'd only seen about 15 min of the movie and it was a while ago...

I've seen May! I love that movie so much! I really don't think the doll she has is a BJD though, I think it's just a generally creepy doll. But I could be wrong, I last saw the movie a couple years ago. Sucks that I love it so much but never see it!

7. I don't recall that it was a BJD in May.. I think it was just a porcelain doll.

Another PV with a doll in it by Jrock band Shoujo Lolita 23q:
      Shoujo Lolita 23q - 888~Kohaku tou no shoujo~
      LOL. I guess this PV is kinda low quality, but I love Ryousuke enough that I could probably put it on repeat just for him. XD

A Volks girl, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not really well acquainted with Volks sculpts, so I wouldn't know. X_X

8. I actually have a doll like that that comes from my great uncle's house when he died. I think it had been his wife's and he wanted me to have it, anyways, I digress. I don't think it's held together by string even, it would have rotted out by now for sure, and it's not porcelain, but that doll looks almost exactly like it.

9. Okay, thanks everyone! I wasn't sure if it was just an oddly proportioned bjd or not.

10. Doll Master made me so creeped out over CustomHouse dolls xD

11. i saw some dollfies in the death note live action movie
      if anyone knows what i am talking about
      misa has some in her room :)

12. :o:oShe does!! I thought it was just me! But she definetly does loool

13. The featured doll is a volks Kira if I'm not mistaken

14. there's dollmaster, of course, and cinderella, but those have all been said here. i can't really come up with anything more than box, which you can see by getting "the 3 extremes" i don't suggest you do though, even if i HATE horror, those weren't scary, just weird. and rather icky xD

15. Hmm... I remember seeing a doll that resembled a BJD on an episode of the TV show NCIS- it belonged to someone who had just killed themselves and it was in her bedroom, I remember DiNozzo picking it up and moving the arms around. It looked like about the right size if I recall, but it had a bright pink wig and also kind of resembled one of Abby's desktop dolls. Anyone else remember this? Has it already been mentioned? Hmm.

16. I think an artist doll...IMO, she looks kinda like she's made out of paper clay and not properly sanded :sweat That's just me though...

17. A friend has The 3 Extremes, and many times he has said I should watch it. Now that I know there's an BJD in, I'll watch it!

18. I've always wanted to post in here a bjd in media find hee hee so now I found one! This surprised me too since I'd expect to see a bdj in asian media, but i was watching MTV this morning and saw Kerli's Walking on Air music video. Annnd there's a bjd in it! I have no idea what mold it is, but in the first half of the vid there are some brief moments where you can see the face of the doll, but at the end the doll's face is replaced with a CG of Kerli singing as the doll. Check it out! Although I find that the song and the video don't really match too well, but good anyways ^_^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6xi7VY8iDM

19. I don't think anyone mentioned Ali Project. She has BJDs in her video for her song "Seishoujo Ryouiki":
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=MNu2TTV-8PI

Everything else I knew BJDs in was already posted though XD I even had to write down one or two.

EDIT: Guess someone really did mention it before me. Darn it, haha.

20. I would really like to see a movie where a bjd is featured and it isn't scary.