1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

a BJD in a MOVIE!

Apr 16, 2007

1. I agree with PadriacSleeps.
      A non-horror BJD featured Movie will give a new impression to those who are strange to BJD, especially those had always been thinking that human-like dolls are scary, for example my stupid brother.
      let them know that BJD can be wonderful.. and not just deal with horror scary feelings.

2. May is a great movie, but nothing to do with BJD's.
      The doll is really kinda cool/spooky, though... and the movie is definitely worth watching!!!!!!

3. I know this is more for movies, but I just saw a BJD with a face up to look like Angelina Jolie in the recent issue of In Touch Weekly.

pretty cool

4. Although really not on topic before I found the movie the Doll Master I thought about naming my BJD Damion and it just so happens the first BJD shown was named Damion

5. My friend and I were watching a korean horror called The Red Shoes the other night and we noticed that this crazy old woman in the movie had a BJD as her companion! I'm not really sure what bjd it was! I think it may of been an artist made one! but we thought it was such a weird coincidence because I've owned the movie for a long time and we never noticed she had a BJD before!

And the movie you're talking about with the 3 different situations is called 3 Extreme's the part with the BJD is called "Box" by Takashi Miike:fangirl: I highly recommend this movie!! it's one of the most brilliant horror's out there! with 3 of the best directors in the asian film business!

hahaha anyway I'm going to be quiet now! wouldn't want to sound like too much of an asianophile:sweat

6. there is an korean "horror" film that came out last year that has a few scenes with a bjd..
      its in the background and never much focused on in the film

the film is called "Hansel and Gretel" :aheartbea
      here is a trailer for it, ya can see the doll at 0.35
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_eHsvCprM

7. OMG I just watched half of The Doll Master!!! I have to take a break before watching the rest of it..... GAH peeing myself its so scary!!!! (BTW as soon as I watch it I'm offloading it... too freaky to keep on the shelf beside my babies... so if u want it LMK)

8. That would make sense since Rozen Maiden is an anime about ball jointed dolls :) I think Ali Project did a pretty awesome interpretation of it in the video.

Also Kerli - Walking On Air is pretty interesting, due to it being that it's in English, not Asian media of BJD but that it's for a video to a western audience

9. Oooh, I'm gonna have to check out the DN movie now as well as more Asian Horror with BJD. Loved the doll master <3 (they killed my favorite character! D: That keeps happening in horror movies!)

10. Um, don't know if anyone has mentioned it- but there's a BJD in the super junior movie. I was forced to watch it- what can I say. But the fan girls give a doll look a like to the popular boy. Or as my friend put it- 'one of those creepy doll things you have'

11. Crap, I wish I could remember some of the movies I've seen with random BJD's thrown in...I know I've seen a few.
      I've also seen quite a few music videos/PV's with BJD's in them, too.

I recall the Volks F-01 being featured in Amano Tsukiko's PV "Ningyou", as well. :love

12. Ahahah, I was actually looking to see if anybody had posted something about this. I had just watched the movie today, out of curiosity if nothing else (first time watching a horror movie aaallll by myself, I was proud) and when I saw the doll I spit out my drink and screamed out, pointing at the screen. Of course, I was alone, so I had to run out of my room like an idiot going "MOMMOMMOMMOMMOMDOLLINMOVIEOMGLOOKLOOKSEEDOLL!"

she didn't get up to see XD

13. There's a BJD in the Super Junior movie?? Now I have to watch it/skim it.

I found another movie. It's a Taiwanese movie called Spider Lilies with Rainie Yang, she has a few dolls and prominently talks to them (I even saw a Blythe in there). The movie is basically about an online stripper or entertainer or whatever. Don't really know the rest of the plot, I haven't watched the whole movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guB5sXV-Xc4&feature=user

Anyone recognize the doll with the green wig? Ha.

Edit: omg is that a Bluefairy?

14. Oooh!
      I love this thread!
      I watched Inhyeongsa (Doll Master) and Cinderella last weekend.
      They were both good, but sadly, I didn't find them to be very scary.
      Mi-Na is a very cute character in Doll Master though! I wish I had a doll like her! :D

15. I've watched both Cinderella & Doll Master recently online (didn't have them at the video store.) and I have to say in doll master I was way more into the dolls than the plot xD I didn't find either scary though, but I think that's due to watching too many horror movies anyway >.>

16. Yeah that's definitely a Bluefairy...haha with green hair. :XD:

17. Fine fine!!! I'm a wuss!! I just cant handle horror films.... but OMG some of the dolls in Doll Master were GORGEOUS, I wish we'd had better closeups that didnt involve freaky eye events!!! Oh ant BTW any-one else notice that wen Mrs-forgotten-her-name-in-the-wheelchair didnt actually have any paint on her brush when she was doing the face-up????

Yes I was scared but still picked up the errors. And FYI it would take more than a missing person to get me to take someone with me to the loo for a 2!!!!! LMAO

18. Rainie Yang is apparently a big star in Taiwan, what if more BJDs started to appear in movies with popular actors... although that's Asia, BJDs will probably never be big in North America... ever.