1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A place to keep your dolls......?

Mar 26, 2010

1. I usually keep my dolls on top of the entertainment center. Our apartment is usually closed up - no sunlight - plus I can easily see my dolls, which helps me not to forget about them. I'm terrible with "out of sight, out of mind."

2. I use 3 shelves of the Rubbermaid garage storage thing and the only reason why I like it right now is how deep it is. Just one problem. The shelves are tall enough for YoSDs but not my MSDs so they have to hang on top. Which just adds to the problem of me getting an SD cause there is really no room. I want the bookshelves from Ikea that have the option of a glass door cause I want to be able to shut them away when I'm not home in case they do fall over. Hasn't happened yet but I just like fancy bookshelves. Ones I have from the Container Store are way too short as well.

3. Hmm...my only one doll (and not the final one ;)) is curently sitting on a high shelf hidden in shadow...and that's the only one place he can be. If I'll buy another doll I swear I won't know, where to put it...:|

4. My children didn't arrive yet but I cleaned my side closet yesterday by moving out old school uniforms that I clearly won't be wearing anymore and replaced the bags in another drawer.

So yea, right now they got a place to stay even before arrival (Yay?). I got nothing behind that closet door right now except 2 cosplay clothes (3rd arriving in 2 days) since I doubt they'll mind sharing the space. And yes, I needed the door to prevent sunlights and dust.

5. My doll sits down on a desk.
      She always watches PCs with me.

6. Since recently I kept them wherever I could put them...

But this weekend I bought a table so that I can sew in my room and they are all seated together on it until I get my bookshelves on so that they do not stay in the sun > w<

I cannot wait for that but right now they are ok where they are... they look at me type on the computer a lot XD

7. My apartment's practically a cave, so sunlight is not an issue. ^_^;

When I got Yoru I made him a futon bed, which now sits next to my computer desk on top of a container of fabric. The dolls either hang out there or on the back of the sofa.

8. My room sits on the perfect side of the house where it doesn't get much sun, and I only open the shade half-way so that the bird in my room dosen't freak out. But my boys chill out on their bunk bed or chairs which are out of reach of the window anyway.

9. I think after reading these posts I am going to take my dolls out of their boxes and let them have some fun.

10. Currently mine are in my sewing room. They stand on the back of my cutting table against the wall. I also have a small table with and antique tool case on it so they sit in small chairs there. It is a north facing room and when I'm not in there I throw muslin over them to protect them from the sun. My husband has suggested a display cabinet to go in our "library" (a small den like room that is the darkest room in the house). Then that room would become a play room for myself and my daughter. The sticking point is finding the right type of display cabinet.

11. Im with you... i like my dolls in my bedroom watching over me. They keep me safe.

12. Mine tend to chill out in my room on a shelf near the computer. Of course, every now and then I take one down to sit on my desk. They make amazing paperweights. :B

13. my doll sits on a shelf, away from direct sunlight. If I have guests it goes in the closet. I don't want to explain "what is that thing?" not because I'm ashamed or anything. It's just too long to explain and I don't feel the need to share my hobbies with people who aren't interested in those hobbies.

14. I understand as a male sailor I am supposed to be all manly(John wayne collected dolls)
      I get rather negative responses from any other sailor who finds out that I collect BJD's So I try not to mention it and I keep them in my room anywhere they want to sit. When I am traveling it makes me sad to think of them alone or boxed up.

15. my father will make a house for tiny^^ i think ^^
      others will live on my bed... becouse the house for them will be too big...

16. i unfortunately live with my parent yet and i have to keep my dolls in my bedroom. Although it's pretty small, they've their own beds made of their boxes and pillows they came in :P sometimes i put them off their beds and sit them on my window or desk or sth like that ;) but sometimes i'm afraid of the dust on them... >.<

17. I keep mine in my sewing/computer room. All their clothes and props are there close by. We have other themed collections in other rooms of the house. It is very dusty here, so I keep them in a large glass curio unless I am playing with them. When we travel in our travel trailer I take a small doll in a dolltrunk that slips into one of the cabinets.

18. Gail, that is a great idea for travel. I am hoping to travel by trailer one day and always thought my dogs would have to get their own cabinet near the floor. Now I will have to think of where to put the dolls too. OMG

19. I have a few girls on display in a bookcase (behind glass, though they used to sit exposed on a shelf) and the rest of them lie tucked away in a drawer. I've put a soft plaid in it and lay them side by side. Their clothes and accessories are in a cabinet close by.

20. Since my room is very small, so I only can keep them in my bedroom.
      They just sit on a soft that is put on the table next to my bed,
      so I can say good morning and good night with them easily~XDDDDD