1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A-Siam and A-Ruu headmolds / Art-Tong (now Doll in Mind)

May 18, 2005

1. Ummm...
      From my understanding Art-Tong doesnt answer to any English email.
      But that could be just me! I wish you good luck, because I'm also interesting in some of the art works.
      I think Art-Tong is one of the doll making school in Korea, o_o there are so many different style dolls in the gallery.

By the way, the member join require a Korean ID number.

2. I really love A-sian! *____*

3. Wow, A-siam is really gorgeous. *___* He sort of looks like a cross between Seimei and K-dolls. Thank god they look similar, now I have an excuse to not get him. :oops:

4. I am now officially in love with Siam. I'll wait a while though to see what Qian thinks before starting to try and get one - it looks to be easier than a Seimei head, anyway. Cause I think I'm gonna have to give up on that particular mold.

5. I've just been to the site and didn't look in detail but
      art-tong(tong means bucket ^^ art bucket??) will have
      another sale/preorder in august of this year and at this moment,
      all the sales are over. will update as I get more info.

6. Aerith
      We need to know if they ship internationally. Are you able to Join or contact them?

We also have a post about them in the News, if you care to post there too:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21724

We didn't mean to double post, it just happened. Thanks!

7. haha. XD They're Korean ne? Tong may not be the same as the chinese pinyin for bucket. XD

8. hey,, I've just posted international shipping question in art-tong's
      question section and I told him/her to respond in korean so should
      be able to get the answer soon. As soon as I get reply, I'll post it
      here. Siam is really cute! I wonder if they sell the body// have you
      found out?

9. I'll be very interested to hear what options we have. I really, really want the Rain head/doll. He's perfect for my family...there's a set of pictures in there of him that have me just babbling with happiness here! This is the one - he IS my Harry! http://art-tong.com/zboard/data/regallery/rain1.jpg

10. oh,, and I went back and read some more.
      art-tong says next sale in august will have 30cm girl and
      some new SD's but SD sale might get slightly delayed.
      I don't know whether art-Tong will have sale of previous
      heads though.. she didn't mention it. (yet, most likely
      don't you think based on other korean doll makers..??)

11. HI guys, I got reply from art tong.
      she said, for sales this august, she will do her best so
      international shipping can be done. yay!
      and for every new sale, it's going to be new faces.
      I don't think she remakes old heads. so Siam is not
      available directly from her site anymore.
      I guess only way of getting him would be through 2ndary market. :roll:
      For this August sale, she will have 30cm new girl and some new SD's with body.
      she also added that so far, the body that fits her heads best are volks bodies.

I hope this helped a little. :daisy

me too, I think her dolls are very cute and unique,,
      and I can't wait to see the new boys and girls.
      I guess it's time for me to start saving for art-tong. :| :| :|

12. Hello! Can you answer some other questions? :>) Where did you find her email on the site, and also, are you writing to her in Korean or English? In other words, would she understand an English email from me. Ok, other question - is Rain one of the new ones that might be sold in August? Any info on what size these heads are? Will they fit on SD sized bodies? And any indication of what the prices are like for ones that have sold before? Sorry for pelting you with questions....I just have this Rain boy IN MY BRAIN now as my lovely Harry, and he's so perfect... Thank you so much for your help! Now to find some way to buy him in August...won't we have issues with ID numbers, etc? Anyone have doll friends in Korea that would be willing to help? Does Celga or one of the other services handle Korea for us? Ok...I'll stop now! LOL! *_*

13. I found their contact button! I had to move my screen over to the right! Ok, I've written to them - we'll see what I hear back. I'll let you know! :daisy

14. About the 'art-tong' thing....

In Chinese, 'tong' can also be a group. The Triads - Chinese Mafia, basically - were originally the "Hung Mong Tong," or just the "Tong." This was mispronounced by the British occupying Hong Kong as "Triang" and then "Triad," which stuck because their symbol was a triangle.

So the "tong" in art-tong probably means group.

:grin:

I'm such a language whore. **laughs sheepishly**

15. Something tells me they are not going to respond to my email... Ah well, I tried! My dreams of my boy will have to wait... :(

16. hi guys, I got another reply from art tong.
      A-Ruu is not going to be available anymore but
      A-Siam is going to be available "later" as limited edition.
      She just needs to finish making body for A-Siam.
      I'll keep checking back the site for when A-Siam is going to
      be ready for sale. For all the availability questions that I ask,
      she can't give me any specific time because she working on them
      right now and she doesn't know herself when they are going to be ready.
      To write any question to art tong, go to the right side of the browser
      (like StephG said) and clinck the fourth arrow (one that is under FAQ).
      Then you can write a question. AFter writing question, a pop up will show
      to choose what type of quesiton it is. just click on the first word within
      the category box. (confusing huh.. sorry, no better way to answer).
      I don't know why she made her page complicated.
      but she sounds very nice. She's thankful that people from other countries
      are interested in her dolls.

17. o_o i wonder if Art-Tong will ever sell the A-Rain head. ;_; he seems like an older head than the A-Siam and A-Ruu... T_T gah, he's so pretty~

18. Hi ShephG.
      to answer your question ^_^
      1. contact: I'm writing quesitons on her site directly and I'm writing in English but I
      told her that she can reply in Korean. (figured that way I would get replies faster).
      I think she's having her friend to translate for her so I don't think she can reply English
      emails fast.
      2. she doesn't know or doesn't wanna tell what's going to be available in August. She says she will have 30cm girl and few new/old SD's with body and A-Siam with body is going to be sold as limited edition. but I don't know whether it's going to be August or later. (I don't know whether Rain is going to be available as limited edition, I could ask)
      3. regarding head size: I didn't ask cuz you posted after I came back from her site.
      she says, the heads fit volks SD13 size,,, can you figure out what head size from that
      info??
      hope this helps. I'll ask her again about Rain availability. bye now ^_^

19. Thank you so much! If it fits SD13 then I'm all set. Just have to hope and pray I can find a Rain head if she doesn't sell them again. I wonder where I could post to reach Korean collectors.....