1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

About Roleplays

Oct 28, 2020

1. Hello!

I am new to the forum and is curious regarding the roleplays when I was scrolling some threads.

I've read that if we tick the Offsite Roleplay in the Doll's Profile, someone may invite us to roleplay outside of DoA.

Does that mean the forum has a roleplay thread too? How does it works? Do we roleplay as our dolls, and with other members roleplaying as their dolls? Will it require pictures or anything specific?

I am familiar with the kind of roleplays for digital artists, where we have to design an original character and enroll to a roleplay group to see if our oc match the specific criteria. If the oc enrollment is accepted, than we can start roleplaying with a moderator present. And we have to accumulate points to level up / purchase things by drawing more arts about our roleplay scene. Therefore, I was wondering if the roleplay system / flow will be similar or entirely different.

I am very interested though! No matter how I imagine, Doll Roleplay sounds so fun! I hope that everyone can teach me more about it since it was my first time hearing about Doll Roleplay ^^

2. Like said, it's supposed to be for "offsite" roleplay. DoA itself has no way to roleplay*, doesn't host roleplays or has a sister site doing so.

This flag is simply a way for you to show other people "Hey, I am interested in this kind of thing, so when you want to talk about that and maybe get an RP going outside of DoA, feel free to hit me up!". Or of course the opposite "I am not interested in roleplay, my dolls//their OCs are not available for that kind of stuff, please don't ask me".

As it is, most people use their dolls simply as a physical representation of their OCs. The fact that dolls exist of them doesn't change anything. So if they roleplay, it would be with that specific OC, not the...doll, so to speak.

*I mean technically people can just roleplay via private messages if they want to, just mean there are no subforums/threads or anything like that here.

#2 Ara, Oct 28, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    3. I see! Thank you so much for explaining it to me so clearly ^^. I got confused for a while thinking that we rps as dolls and not oc lol xD. Thanks for the easy to understand explanation!

4. I role play through Skype with my sister mostly. We take turns writing paragraphs of what the dolls’ characters are saying and doing. I’ve also done some through PM here, but those have been more like the dolls were pen pals writing back and forth. Sometimes I RP on Facebook with friends. A couple of my dolls have their own Facebook profiles and I just use it as if the doll were a person posting things, commenting and doing actual RP through messenger, only with other doll characters and never with real people. Their profiles are private. I have been neglecting that part for awhile though, real life has kind of been in the way to stay too active.

5. Levelling up through creating doll arts actually sounds pretty fun. I've always been too anxious to do the kind of RP based just around characters and storytelling with strangers - but I like more of a points based system, where there are goals and shared worldbuilding :)

6. (sorry, replied to wrong thread... please delete)