1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Accidental orders?

Jun 5, 2007

1. ever order something by sheer accident? go through a mock order to find out s&h price only to find out you did make an order?

I now have lil boots for my yoko on the way; well i was gunna get em anyway.

2. I personaly haven't had it happen though I have heard of it happening to others. Now I am very careful that when I do a mock order, I select wire transfer so my cc does not automaticaly get charged.

3. Haha *_*

this is why I always stop mock orders when they ask for payment details >_>

4. It happened to me once with a set of clothes from dollmore. I thought the order didn't go through and then... it had-- twice. :|

I had to email them about the mistake and they canceled the order for me. Thank goodness! :)

5. My roommate ordered a Luts Soony this way. XD

6. Only when I first tried a mock order... and had no idea what to do. So I canceled it.
      Vin was a mock order that I decided to pay for XD

7. Hohoho - did I ever. XD I ordered Aedon through Firefox with the popup blocker still on - and accidentally ordered him THREE TIMES. That was a hairy few days of order-cancelling and overdrawing and bank-calling, I think that's where I got this first grey hair...

8. ...this'd be why, even though I don't like it as a browser, I always always always order stuff in Internet Explorer; seems like nobody reliably designs websites for anything else anymore. The few times I've forgotten and used Opera (my usual browser), something's gone wrong and thankfully it's only ever been that stuff DIDN'T get ordered, but I figure it's only a matter of time before I end up in over my head on something I was just toying with ordering. -_-;;

9. Usually I use IE to order everything too, but now 4D errors even in IE so I have to use Opera for it..ironic :lol:

I had one accidental order from Leekeworld but I canceled it immediately after I realized it was a real order.

10. Well I thought I was only bidding on a doll on yahoo japan, and it turned out it was a buy it now, so it kinda was an accident, I bidded just for the fun, and i got a doll! well it was a good accident :)

11. Well, nothing like that, but..
      My dad uses Firefox to order stuff, which probably isn't the greatest idea..
      he'll get mad and click on everything five million times. So when we were ordering Jinsung we accidentally ordered two Kyles. XD Luckily he could cancel one.
      He also did that with Daejin >___> Three Cyber Bohemians. I think it's hilarious that he does this all the time. XD

12. Wow. I do mock orders all the time to see shipping. This has never happened to me, but I'll be extra careful from now on!

13. I heard of a recent order that was mocked up, and then the person's Cat took a paw in the matter, while the person was cooking supper.

Fortunately, the person did want the doll.

Ann in CT

14. that needs to be a comic strip.

15. This happened to me when I was doing a mock Cotin order to see what the shipping would be. I was an idiot and didn't see the LARGE TEXT on the top right hand side that said shipping was free. When I went to what I thought would be the grand total page I got "Thanks for your order!^^".

Good thing I wanted the wig anyway.

16. i've never had a mock order go through acidently but i had a scare the other day >.< I was looking a website, and then went to check my email and my heart almost stoped when i saw that they had sent me an email. >.< luckly for me it was just an email to tell me that they were out of stock

17. Yes! Oh geez! I put a mock order through for a doll and I hadn't even had my first one yet! :o I was SO scared! But luckly I cancelled it and the company was really great about it. :) Since then I've been more careful about mock ordering. ;)

18. Me me meee!

Yep, I did that. With my very first doll. I wanted to find out how much the doll would be with shipping and handling, but before I knew it, I'd ordered him. Ooops. I had planned on waiting a few more days to 'think' about whether I wanted him or not. Heh heh THAT worked :roll: But I'm guessing it happened because it was meant to be. And now I love him and don't regret it at all.

Silly thing is - if I'd only searched around the website more, I'd have realized that when you order a doll direct from Elfdoll, shipping is free. So it really was kind of a pointless thing to do... I kicked myself for a couple days when I found that out.

19. I've never done mock orders... I tend to guess about shipping, and I only order doll stuff when i've money to spare anyway, none of this "I wonder if I can fit it into this..." It's directly after payday or not at all, so I know shipping won't kill me.:)

20. My browser went funky when I was ordering a Soom body and I ordered three. Oh how I lol'd. When I paid up, I just put a big message on the Paypal message thing 'ONLY ONE BODY PLSE K THNX SORRY:sweat'