1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Afraid" To Send Doll Out For Face-up?

Jul 22, 2007

1. I'm not too comfortable with shipping out a head (or heads) to a face-up artist. I have done it before, but obly with local artists.
      Had mixed results with that. When the communication was not too great at one point I did become nervous.
      I am aware of the professional level of some artist on the board here, so I guess the worry would not be necessary. But the possible risk versus the massive shipping costs and all... it doesn't match up for me at this point. No shipping heads when I don't feel 100% comfortable about it.

2. When I first send my doll of to a FU artist, I missed him so bad, I impulsively bought an other, who later also got his head done by the same artist. I have two that could use a professional face-up, but "my artist" is not open and I'm very picky. I don't want to send my doll out of the country either.

3. I have sent some of my dolls out for face ups in the past but after a couple of bad experiences and one of them even made me cry...I said: "NO MORE! it's time to learn to do my won face ups" and I did...now I do all face ups/customizations myself. (and it's cheaper because what you spend on a face up and shipping can be a lot and you can use that $ to buy face up supplies that will last for a long time)

4. I have never had any bad experiences with Faceup Artists (everything has always been very pleasant!), but I always make sure to check feedback first. I get more worried about the actual shipping part. I am so paranoid sending things through the mail, probably because I mail things so often. Granted, I have only had 1 or 2 packages ever go missing, but I still worry. But I don't have the artistic ability to do faceups myself, and having a blank head isn't an option for me. So I pretty much just suck it up, and always make sure to get tracking when mailing heads. I haven't had any postal hiccups with dolls thus far. :dance

5. I did afraid to send my dolls away for face up but one time I'd have to.

6. I'm also afraid that my doll head will be lost or so. But I found a reliable and favorite face up artist, since then I send my doll head only to her or if company face up choice is gorgeous, I will order it together with doll. About losing doll's head in the mail is still my big fear, even though I own only regular head which I can buy from company or probably adopt from someone else (by sold out case). But the feeling won't be the same... So I hope that such things won't happen to me and also to everyone who owns dolls.

7. For most of my dolls, I don't mind, but I haven't been able to send my first boy out yet. He's my favourite, and the company that made him doesn't sell internationally any more so if something happened to him he could end up being very hard to replace. And even if I could replace him, it wouldn't be the same. So I just keep practicing on him.