1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alchemic Labo Product Review

Jul 21, 2018

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      2 faceplates, a headback, pair of hands

* When did you order?
      21st September 2023 (from Alchemic Labo through a proxy); arrived 5th of Oct.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I ordered b-grade parts so I knew there would be seamlines and bubbles. Price was appropriate.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, surprisingly even a bit better actually! I was expecting more residue bits but there were only a couple of seamlines and two little bubbles inside the headback.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Overall, yes

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positives - the Unoa faceplates are such lovely sculpts, the tsunagi hands are elegant and fit together perfectly.
      Negatives - I have trouble getting the plates fit the headback properly, but I assume a little bit of heat can make it flush. There was some residue of the mould release as well. But again, I ordered B-grade so I expected that I'd need to clean and diy a bit.

* Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes, I think so! I love the interchangeableness of hands and faces and will probably get a few more options.

3. * What did you order? B-Grade Chibi Unoa Roron full doll in Fairy Skin with some extra faceplates.
      * When did you order? May 22, 2023 (used Tenso, their recommended proxy). She arrived on June 8th, 2023!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, I think so. My B-grade doll did come with a few imperfections as expected, but overall looks great and any casting issues are super minor and hardly noticeable. I thought that the price was really good!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Definitely.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional): Her sculpting is absolutely beautiful and I love the interchangeable faceplates. My negatives come mainly from her being B-grade so I feel like it's hardly worth mentioning those--mainly that her seam lines were super prominent and some of the pieces had slightly different surface textures from each other. Her faceplates also don't want to go on super smoothly.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Absolutely! If they ever restock Chibi Lilin in NS I'd love to snag her.

[​IMG]

4. * What did you order? B-grade Unoa Lusis in fresh skin, pre-assembled with face-up.
      * When did you order? Ordered January 20, was told she would ship mid-February, actually shipped March 22, arrived April 9. Alchemic Labo threw in a bonus underwear set as compensation for shipping later than estimated, even though 2 months is pretty fast by bjd standards!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. You couldn't hardly get a cheaper 1/4 bjd, and she doesn't feel cheap at all! (Then again, this is my first bjd, so maybe take this with a grain of salt...)
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. There is some minor streaking etc. in line with B-grade standards, but it doesn't even show up on camera. Face-up looks exactly as pictured.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Iconic sculpt, looks just as pretty in real life. Comes with a pretty decent wig & eyes. There's the well-known limitations of the body: not the most flexible poser on the market, takes careful balancing to get her to stand on her own. Can sit up on her own. Pre-assembled stringing not too kicky. Eye mechanism a fun novelty, but can lean towards cross-eyed-ness. Convenient that you can get various option parts to change up her look, or even switch to one of Alchemic Labo's other bodies, but recent changes in the resin color mean that second-hand parts might not match 100%.
      Also: my doll's left shoulder is a little creaky, but this seems like a fluke issue, and doesn't significantly impact posibility.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Sure!