1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alchemic Labo Unoa Discussion Part 8

Jan 28, 2019

1. Brand new Unoa owner here and I can confirm that posing them can be a liiiiittle wonky -- my girl (a 1.5 body, second hand) stands and sits fine but her wrists specifically are pretty limited. I think part of that is because of a bent s-hook in one of her hands but I won't be able to replace it for a while so that'll remain a mystery.

Mellifluous -- it sounds to me like there might be a problem with the way the elastic's knot is sitting in the chest cavity? Or maybe something with the little "bonus" torso piece that sits in the gap between the chest and hip pieces of the body. New elastic definitely couldn't hurt -- I've got some on the way from Luts but I'm sure you could get some that isn't "branded" for BJDs and have it work just fine. I believe these bodies use 3mm elastic cord? 5mm would probably be too big.

2. Finally got my hands on a Lusis plate and a Lusis wink plate. They're shipping to me now, I'm so excited.

I have a question, though. Anyone who has these two plates, are the teeth parts the same interchangable piece? I have a friend who also has a Lusis plate but doesn't have a tooth part. I want to give her one of my tooth parts-- I really don't NEED two, I wouldn't mind moving the one back and forth between the two plates so long as it would fit. Is this possible?

3. I guess they're interchangeable. I have just finished doing the faceups on my Lusis plates, I have all of them but Wink, and the OE and Sleep faces were brand new out of the package, and I have no idea which teeth part went with which. The dreaming one had had a faceup already so I knew which teeth part she had, and the Yawn has a tongue so that was easy...but the other two, who knows. Both teeth went in and even snapped in, and don't need putty to hold them, unlike pretty much all of my other FPs with teeth, so that was nice.

4. Hello, Unoa Lusis has been really high on my list of dolls I'd love to own ever since I'd first seen a bjd. Since 9 out of 10 pictures in the database don't seem to work, can I please get some Lusis spam?

5. Here is some !
      [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Aww! I love your girls! They are both equally adorable in their own ways.

7. Well well... I am obsessed with Lusis and this is Jaime!
      [​IMG]

...And her twin that hasn't got a name yet. I'm waiting until she gets a new face-up... Not sure if she'll keep the Lusis faceplate or if I want Sist faceplates on her yet. ...So they all will be getting faceups. [Insert the Cash Flying Away emoji]
      [​IMG]

Sorry for phone-quality pics. :)
      [​IMG]

I found a lot of inspo on Instagram, so I'd look for the #UnoaLusis tag here!

#47 Antika, May 19, 2020
      Last edited: May 19, 2020
    8. Thank you ! I don't own the Paradise Skin faceplate anymore though ! She didn't stay long because she couldn't compete with the other one, but also because I initially planned on keeping the Sist (the girl from my avatar).

9. I haven't done much with my BJDs for the last few years, but the pandemic coincided with my dog needing major surgery and 12 weeks of down time, so I've had time to play a bit. My Bully has been resurrected on a 1.0 body for the first time in years! It's good to see her face again!
      [​IMG]Unoa 1.0 Bully by jd-bjd (wally), on Flickr

10. @wally I love your bully's look!!! I just got a bully fp recently and I can't wait to get a body for her. She's got so much attitude. :D
      I hope your puppy is making a steady recovery. :aheartbea

11. Such a cutie with that face and styling, @wally . Hope your pupper has a good recovery.<3

12. Sorry for asking a question that may have been covered, but Unoalchemy.com is now defunct, correct? So any orders for unoa will have to be through japan only?

13. I haven’t a clue what’s going on with unoa and the website, so I’m hoping for a reply too.

14. In the wiki they are still listed as *on hiatus*, without any time frame given, did you see?

15. Thank you. I didn’t see that.

But the site Itself doesn’t exist anymore.

The site used to be up, even when they were on hiatus, so I thought something changed.

16. Yep, I think that you have a point there. As far as I remember they are here on DoA, maybe send them a friendly plea for an update? Since they run/ ran a business, they should not feel inconvenienced by people asking after it, right?

17. Hi,

Ooh, I didn’t know they were on here. Good idea, I’ll try to send them a message. Thanks for letting me know.:)

18. I think they are in the unoa freaks facebook group too, and it looks like their email is [email protected] if u wanna try that.

I just tried going to the website the other day, but saw it was gone xD I've been out of the doll world for a few years lol.

19. I mean.... If they're on hiatus for an extended period of time, they probably don't want to be paying for website hosting for something that they're not using for revenue. I hope everything is well for them though.

20. I’ve also been out of the doll world a few years but am looking to expand my Unoa family. Thanks for the info.