1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alchemic Labo Unoa Discussion Part 8

Jan 28, 2019

1. Do any Unoa chibi owners on here have issues with finding clothing, shoes, etc? Getting back into the hobby and only have experience with a Luts Kid Delf. Unoas are so beautiful to me, I love Lusis, but the Roron default face with the little smile is just so irresistibly cute to me! Are the chibi heads the same size as the girls heads, or would putting a chibi head on a more traditionally sized msd body look ridiculous?

Sorry if this is too many questions!

2. I can't say anything regarding chibi clothing etc but I've seen people but unoa chibi heads on msd bodies (either with them on a Sist/Lusis body with the original backplate, or getting a buff headback) and they look good :) Summerbird has this photo of a comparison of a Unoa Chibi on the Minifee Moe body next to her doll Viola.

[​IMG]
      Viola Hybrid Compatibility

3. This is really helpful! :lol: I was actually interested in the minifee moe body, and I'm glad it doesn't look out of proportion. Definitely something for me to think about if I decide to go with a body bigger than the chibi set one. (It would definitely be easier to find clothes for.)

Thank you!

4. For clothing- not really. They fit into slim MSD/minifee clothes very well. Their tops are more yo-sd sides and their hips are minifee size, so pants might be long, but overall they're fairly easy to dress.
      Chibi have the same wig/eye size (6-7 wig, 10-12mm eyes) as regular unoa. You could put a chibi faceplate on a regular unoa body with a small modification (chibi faceplates have small prongs on them that regular unoas don't. If you have instagram, check my page milky.teeth, I have a "unoa" highlight where I have pics of this :) )
      Chibi's feet are the tricky part- bigger than Yos and smaller than minifee. They fit into some other doll's shoes though- I've had luck with some Monique shoes. Otherwise I'll put my minifee sizes shoes on my chibi and just add a pair of socks to keep them snug.

If you have any more questions I'd be happy to help in any way I can! I have both boy and girl 1.5 unoas, and a chibi unoa on the roron body (small bust/pear shaped body)

5. Thanks for your reply! I had a look at your instagram, I don't have a doll account there but your unoas are so lovely! :D Just looking at them makes me want an unoa even more! I looked at your insta story and can see what you mean now. When the prongs are cut off, does it effect the stability of the dolls face? I'd hate to have a beautiful face plate be at risk of sliding off.

Looking at the 1.5's and chibis together makes it more difficult because I think I love both sizes in their own way. (The 1.5's being a nice more standard size, and the chibis being so cute and small.) Perhaps I can dream of owning one of each some day!

I do have another question for you, I see you own a A-line minifee, I presume all your unoas are on unoa bodies, which body do you prefer? Are you ever tempted to hybrid your unoas, or is the unoa body good enough in your opinion?

6. Thank you so much for your kind words! :)
      If you want to hybrid or worry about faceplate stability, I'd check out Buff headbacks! I have one myself and it's lovely, fits both 1.5 and chibi faces easily, the only "downside" is that is definitely fits a 7-8 wig rather than the standard unoa 6-7.

On A-line vs unoa.. that's a tricky question. In my honest opinion, Fairyland's quality has noticeably gone down through the years. The minifee body I currently have is from 2013 and probably the end of around the time I would trust a body from them. With that said, the unoa body also hasn't been updated since the early 2000s, and is floppy at best, but I adore the aesthetic of it.
      I don't think there is a "right" or a "wrong" body! Both have double jointed elbows and single jointed knees (minifee has strange faux double joints there..) so I rank them about equal ability.
      With that considered, I'd go with whatever body YOU find more appealing :)

7. Alas, I sew for mine, but @MaudMAryFlynn is accurate as far as I have found. I do adore the chibi unoa body for being so sturdy and the aesthetic just pleases me. Here's some Chibi spam for you!
      [​IMG]

8. Oh, I love your chibi unoa! She is soooo cute! Especially with that fizzy hair and big smile!

9. I'm sorry I can't be much help, but I remember the Unoa Freak magazines had some chibi unoa patterns in them. Not much, but if you like sewing, it can be a start.

10. THanks very much!

11. Thanks for your input! Love your girl! Did you dye her to achieve her skin tone? It's a really nice colour!

12. THanks! Yeah she is dyed a deep brown.

13. I got to ask... is there just a general term for "Unoa Lusis/Sist"?
      Roron and Lilin can be called just "Unoa Chibi," and then there is the "Unoa Elder Sisters," etc. I suppose someone could just use "Unoa Quluts Girl"? I have always assumed that Unoa Sist was always sort for Unoa Sister but I am not sure... just thought I'd ask since I am going to be using Lusis & Sist plates interchangeably on the same doll since they're virtually identical sans expressions anyways, but I wasn't sure if there is a broader term I can use rather than just Unoa Lusis/Sist for tagging purposes.

14. @Epona Someone who is more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Lusis/Sist girls are "Quluts 1.5" (or 1.0 for an older body version) in particular. I've seen the Chibi options easily referred to as "Chibi", but I think that *technically* the Chibi are also "Quluts Chibi" .... I'm not sure about why or how those name designations came to be!

Alchemic Labo naming is confusing.. lol ... I copied the reference materials from the reference page in the Wiki here in DOA into my own notes because it definitely feels like a situation where if you know what the names are, you know.. and otherwise the rhyme or reason is proving challenging to suss out haha.

15. Hello!

Hoping for any longtime Unoa owners to chime in!

I recently received a 2005 Unoa Lucis (I think? That's the one with the mouth closed, right?) doll from Mandarake. I haven't done any face up or body blushing yet, which I want to do before creating her profile, so...

Anywho. I've tried to attach some pictures from Flickr. The resin, especially on her face and hands, is quite shiny. Is this normal? Will matte MSC get rid of the shine, or is there sanding in my future?

The only doll I have to compare is a new Iplehouse Mari in a darker color, so I don't know.

Candace 1
      Candace 4
      Candace 3
      Candace 2

16. This is Sist. Lusis is the one with the open mouth. Their resin tends to be shiny but it should be matte once you apply MSC to it. In adition to early Sist and Lusis, I have B-el and Cream & Mocha. The resin on those is shiny too.

#96 Hugo, Mar 21, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    17. The names can be confusing, I agree. ☺According to the official website, Lusis and Sist are called "Unoa Girls" or "Unoa Girls 1.5". Unoa Quluts is the "brand or series's name".
      I often though Sist is for sister, I wonder if it can be possible?

18. Hi! I’m wondering if there’s places other than secondhand market to get a paradise or tan skin Lusis? Not sure if the sculptors do pre-orders (that’s what I heard in passing but maybe I’m wrong anyway). I love Unoas and would love to get a Lusis someday but I’d need to save up for a target date lol

19. Unfortunately, there is no pre-order:pout:, AlchemicLabo always sells what's in stock. On top of it, Paradise skin is sold as a "special" skin and most likely it is on sale during summer.
      You can always try Mandarake, though. :thumbup

20. Seconding Mandarake. The age of some of the dolls there is apparent, but I got a great deal on a Lusis there that I'm VERY happy with considering the cost (or lack thereof)!