1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alenka Amicus 'Gideon' and 'Urfin'

Mar 22, 2021

1. Please correct me if this is not allowed/these dolls are off-topic!

I'm a fan of the artist Alenka Amicus, because she creates exceptionally detailed MSD BJDs-- my favorite kind! If anyone owns these dolls, I'd love to see your owner photos here.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
      Her boys- the male Urfin body + your choice of one of four faces- are reminiscent of the Agatti BJDs- detailed, highly articulated, realistic, male MSDs. She also offers two elfin faceplates that go with this body if you're on the lookout for alternatives to the Raccoon Doll elves!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Her girls- the Gideon body + your choice of one of two faces- are truly works of art. The body 43 cm tall body has 27 points of articulation, and she looks very natural as her movements are fluid. I cannot gush about the body enough. The only other doll with this level of articulation and similar aesthetics in this size range that I know of are Natalia Loseva dolls; which shows you how incredible I find Gideon's body sculpting. Gideon is similar to the Spirit Imprint 'Elf Girl' dolls, and likely would appeal to fans of them.

Here's her resin selection:
      [​IMG]

And all of the faceplates for Urfin and Gideon:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Is anyone else fans of these dolls? Anyone own one?

#1 mohnblumendolls, Mar 22, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    2. I was so tempted with the last male preorder! They are pricey though and I have layaways going on. The boys are so handsome!

3. Yes, I’m also a big fan of her work! I don’t own one yet, but may order a Gideon some year. After I pay for my Loseva dolls in 2022 and 2023, haha.

I also love ultra-realistic MSD height dolls and especially those which aren’t bony “fashion” body types. I recommend you take a look on Instagram at @annak_dolls, @vf_dolls and @vitzly.putzly.

4. I just received my Nathan last week. I am so happy that these beautiful dolls will be a part of this wonderful doll world. I came across this artist on Instagram, and fell for her Nathan right away. I was able to order him with her very first pre-order. I will have to take good pictures of him and post it here.

5. I've never heard of @vitzly.putzly before, but I love their work! I can't thank you enough for introducing me to them!

I also love realistic MSD-sized dolls, and yes its refreshing to see some that don't have fashion bodies. I actually have a whole list of my favorites over on the dollfan.club forum that I can send you if you're interested in seeing more dolls in this size class and style!

Oh wonderful! I can't wait to see some pictures and hear about him more! Nathan is an incredible face mold.

#5 mohnblumendolls, Mar 23, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    6. You’re welcome, and please do!

7. Alenka dolls are currently my obsession!!!!:love:love:love They are even more impressive in person. The detail and resin quality are off the charts. And they pose like a dream.

I ordered Nathan, Ursa, Yanto, and Gideon Raina. Nathan and Ursa are at a make up artist for face up and body blush. Yanto has been stuck in transit for 82 days now. :...(:...(:...( I truly hate EMS. :x:x:x Raina is being casted. I hope to order Lexar and Alexa once I've paid off my credit cards to make more room to charge. ;););)

8. Wow! Quite the collection! please share some pictures as your dolls arrive home to you-- I'm especially excited to see owner photos of Raina. Good luck with the agony of waiting :) If you order Alexa and Lexar on top of the others by Alenka that you've already bought, would that mean you own all of her sculpts? That's incredible! I'm jealous, lol.

9. I definitely will share pictures as they get completed. :3nodding: Yup Alexa and Lexar will complete my Alenka collection. But it will be a while before I can get them.

10. Is anyone else excited about Seibei? I was always far more interested in Gideon than Urfin, but this new face is extremely tempting... he's so lovely!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#10 mohnblumendolls, Jun 13, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    11. I'm glad to see a thread for Amicus Dolls. I've been admiring her work on Instagram for a while now and decided to shop this month now that she's released a new woman's body. Having a tough time deciding on resin color, though. That extra $150 for the 'afro' browns is killing me. It's difficult to find owner photos. Please post if you have one of these remarkable dolls.

Perhaps this thread could be for all the sculpts, or should I post a new one?

I have cake: :cake:

12. I just discovered her dolls on Instagram and they're so gorgeous! :D And I said I prefer more cartoony/semi-realistic dolls.

Alenka's dolls are really making me rethink that statement!

13. The males are great!
      I would love to have one!

14. Oh, how did I miss such a thread?! I am a great fun, here are my Amicus boys, sorry for mug shots format, just wanted to show them all in one go :-)) Well, technically speaking it's not all of them, I have another Tommy faceplate with very different faceup. I only have two bodies, one Urfin and one Phoenix, they all share faceplates.

[​IMG]AmicusDolls by Dolls Addict, on Flickr

Is anyone waiting for new boys and girls from AmicusDolls?