Alenka Amicus 'Gideon' and 'Urfin'

Mar 22, 2021

1. Please correct me if this is not allowed/these dolls are off-topic!

I'm a fan of the artist Alenka Amicus, because she creates exceptionally detailed MSD BJDs-- my favorite kind! If anyone owns these dolls, I'd love to see your owner photos here.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
      Her boys- the male Urfin body + your choice of one of four faces- are reminiscent of the Agatti BJDs- detailed, highly articulated, realistic, male MSDs. She also offers two elfin faceplates that go with this body if you're on the lookout for alternatives to the Raccoon Doll elves!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Her girls- the Gideon body + your choice of one of two faces- are truly works of art. The body 43 cm tall body has 27 points of articulation, and she looks very natural as her movements are fluid. I cannot gush about the body enough. The only other doll with this level of articulation and similar aesthetics in this size range that I know of are Natalia Loseva dolls; which shows you how incredible I find Gideon's body sculpting. Gideon is similar to the Spirit Imprint 'Elf Girl' dolls, and likely would appeal to fans of them.

Here's her resin selection:
      [​IMG]

And all of the faceplates for Urfin and Gideon:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Is anyone else fans of these dolls? Anyone own one?

#1 mohnblumendolls, Mar 22, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    2. I was so tempted with the last male preorder! They are pricey though and I have layaways going on. The boys are so handsome!

3. Yes, I’m also a big fan of her work! I don’t own one yet, but may order a Gideon some year. After I pay for my Loseva dolls in 2022 and 2023, haha.

I also love ultra-realistic MSD height dolls and especially those which aren’t bony “fashion” body types. I recommend you take a look on Instagram at @annak_dolls, @vf_dolls and @vitzly.putzly.

4. I just received my Nathan last week. I am so happy that these beautiful dolls will be a part of this wonderful doll world. I came across this artist on Instagram, and fell for her Nathan right away. I was able to order him with her very first pre-order. I will have to take good pictures of him and post it here.

5. I've never heard of @vitzly.putzly before, but I love their work! I can't thank you enough for introducing me to them!

I also love realistic MSD-sized dolls, and yes its refreshing to see some that don't have fashion bodies. I actually have a whole list of my favorites over on the dollfan.club forum that I can send you if you're interested in seeing more dolls in this size class and style!

Oh wonderful! I can't wait to see some pictures and hear about him more! Nathan is an incredible face mold.

#5 mohnblumendolls, Mar 23, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    6. You’re welcome, and please do!