1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

*alert* SEVEN DISPLAY DOLLS MISSING FROM NY DOLPA

Jun 8, 2008

1. I'm just sick to make this announcement -- seven of Volks' display dolls went missing overnight.

If you hear ANYTHING about these dolls, please let us know. Keep an eye on eBay, Y!J, and the DoA Marketplace, and we will be doing the same.

Here is the information about the missing dolls -- pictures will be up shortly. These are one-off, unique dolls. They do not have a headplate on the back of the head, they have an artist's signature inside instead.

(1) SD16 Girl "Ruby" w/black swan dress

(2) MSD Girl F-21 Fairy w/blue dress

(3) MSD Boy F-13 Fairy w/blue outfit (2 and 3 have matching outfits and long elf ears)

(4) MSD Girl F-22 Fairy w/yellow dress

(5) SD13 Girl F-29 w/yellow dress (4 and 5 have matched dresses)

(6) SD13 Boy F-31 Fairy w/dark green & red outfit

(7) SD13 Boy "Irvin" (FDQ Limited Model) w/Fairy default dress

Please don't post to this thread with chat, this should be for actual information only.

Thanks, and let's all hope that these dolls are returned safely to Volks -- all of us here at Dolpa are really emotional about this, and I hope that no one has stolen the dolls for personal gain, and that they are returned without incident.

Mr. Shigeta personally stated that if someone took these dolls home and is willing to return them, no accusations will be made.

Thanks,

-- Andi, on behalf of the DoA Mod Team

Edit: Header has been changed, it was seven dolls that went missing, not six. There was a lot of confusion in the moment, and I'm now editing the posts to reflect the actual number.

2. I just wanted to make an update to this post with photos of some of the dolls that are currently missing:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

These are the photos from the Dolpa edition of FDQ - as you can tell, these dolls are very special and very specific. If you can possibly give any information, please feel free to PM a mod or contact Volks through their website.

We have no idea who may have taken them, though it seems likely that they may end up on eBay if someone has stolen them to resell them. We hope for their safe return. :(

3. Ashbet, Armeleia, if we, as members, find the dolls on auction sites or whatnot and report the dolls as having been stolen, is there specific 'official' literature/wording we should use when reporting the dolls to ensure that the thievery is taken seriously by the right officials?

4. Sorry, no chat here, but I have a question: what about tracking any traces of dolls if they will be sold aboard of US? It a known way to make police lose track of theft - send it to another country asap. As for me I will try my best to keep an eye on all russian-speaking communities in case any info or photoes will pop up. And the same question as Iikaya have: any official states by Volks? Articles or announcements?

5. Sorry Ashbet, you said six, but seven are listed?
      and I cant quite match all the dolls up with the pics

and isnt irvin the one in darkgreen and red fairy costume?

6. The seventh doll was in FDQ virtual magazine so I screen cap'd her to share with everyone. This is the F-22 I fell in love with that was stolen:

[​IMG]

7. Sorry -- I'll update this if I get any more information. I was told six, but then I was given a written list with seven . . . I'm not actually sure what the correct number is right now. (I'm back at my hotel at this point.) I should have noticed that when I was writing the announcement, but I was frankly too upset :/

Irvin is the tan elf boy.

-- A <3

8. FCS-31 tan elf boy is in the second photo
      Irvin is in the fourth photo

just to clarify this in case anyone was wondering.

9. Just to let everyone know, Mr. Shigeta announced at the end of the dolpa that the dolls will be given to Make A Wish if they are recovered. :atremblin

10. I took some closeup photos of the missing dolls last night.
      This is Irvin
      [​IMG]

The missing MSD F21
      [​IMG]

The MSD F22
      [​IMG]

The F31
      [​IMG]

The F13
      [​IMG]

The F29 with MSD F21
      [​IMG]

11. It was initially stated during the announcement that it was six. But Shino later said it was actually seven.

12. One more thing to add about the dolls:

They were taken right off the display the table, just carried off. The boxes were left behind and there are no certificates.

If you're a member of another doll board, hobby board, anything that is somewhat related - and to all the non-U.S. members - Please spread the word about these dolls.

Thank You,
      Annmarie
      FDQ Magazine

13. I come from HONG KONG.
      I will make a web site or blog to make every one notice that.
      I need more information with the dolls, like the full name of the dolls, height etc.Can someone sent me the photos of missing doll with hold body and close up.
      sent to [email protected]

Thanks for your help

14. The dolls have not been found, but we will be removing the red announcement at the top of the forum. :(

We have started an index listing for missing and stolen dolls within the Feedback subforum. This listing is to help members and companies who have had dolls stolen from them get the word out, and also to help our community members avoid accidentally buying stolen items.

We still hope that these dolls will be returned and we wish Volks (and any other members who are dealing with theft) the best.

15. Was there any other info after the incident about the missing dolls since the posting? Any open info that can be posted would make other people identify them.

16. The info posted is the only info we have. We hope that the pictures would identify the dolls, as there isn't really anything else to go on at this point.

17. Volks has already confirmed that this doll is not one of the missing dolls. Thank you.