1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

All done! Now what?

Jan 12, 2013

1. As of now I've got just a few more dolls and a body to save for. I'd like to think that once they arrive that I'd then focus more on accessorising and sewing etc, but I think I'd be kidding myself!

There are new dolls all the time and I'm bound to feel that some of those would be great additions to my collection. I'm just taking it as it comes really without trying to apply a limit anymore.

If I have the space the time and the money to invest in them I'll never really stop buying new dolls, but I will circulate and sell those within my own collection to keep things fresh.

I suppose as the hobby has evolved it's opened up more possibilities with new and interesting companies popping up all the time. I'd like to hope that my collecting runs alongside these changes and continues to evolve, so it'll never really be complete.

2. Bonding. And the dolls may be finished, but the personalities and background stories are a whole other beast for me. :kitty1

3. I don't think I'll be done in any years in the near future. But when I will be! Clothes, Accessories, Mini plush and Living space Next! They are display items, I do love looking at each of them and photographing them too!

4. I’ve actually finally come to this point in the hobby after 14 years. I always knew it would happen (my collections have always had a beginning, a middle and an end, acquisition-wise)...and certainly I never got into this hobby wanting to buy resin forever.:chomp: I started feeling I was nearing the end of my acquisition phase about 6 months ago. So I’ve been “adjusting” to the realization ever since then, which has taken some doing (old habits of buying new resin die hard!) But I’m more happy and at peace about it now because I realize I have no more characters to shell. But no one will be going anywhere either, and that’s for certain! Now that my acquisition phase is done, I’ve collected the perfect crew to keep me happy, involved and active in the hobby from now on because there are always things to do with them. That’s the way I designed it from the beginning, and that’s the way it will play out.:)

#44 PoeticSoul, Nov 9, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    5. I'm never done! I still need to buy more clothes and set up a room with furniture to store said clothes. And I always need new wigs!

6. I'm kind of there already but I keep on finding new dolls that I like, either from the same company I've been buying from or other companies. So I feel like I want to be done but not completely. I think if I do stop buying now, I would focus on having a decent display area for all my dolls. Something that is kid safe (as I have young nieces and nephews as well as adult relatives with "grubby hands") but also that is aesthetically pleasing so that even non-BJD owners can appreciate. That would be nice, but probably expensive if done right.

7. I want to say, “done” but some need restringing and others a new face-up. I love shopping for doll clothes and I just might run into another doll I “need”.