1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

All the places you'll go...Cosmopolitan BJDs

Jun 1, 2018

?
  1. Africa

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. Antarctica (I know, but had to include it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Asia

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Australia

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Europe

24 vote(s)
    52.2%
  6. North America

31 vote(s)
    67.4%
  7. South America

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Since summer is starting, I wanted to ask about everyone's most-traveled and worldly BJDs.

The questions below are really just to get the conversation started and you don't have to answer any or all of them:

Who's your most well-traveled BJD? Who's the stick in the mud that gets car or plane sick (has traveled the least)?

Who is most graceful in travel? Who completely falls apart (perhaps literally)?

Who visited the most places? Who traveled the farthest?

Did they travel the most before settling down with you as your doll (so for secondhand dolls or during shipping), or have you traveled with them? Do you have a doll that's been sent out a lot for faceups or custom items?

Which doll's travel habits have cost you the most (for countries that have it, customs fees; shipping; checked baggage; etc.)? Did you have to cut their dolly adventures off short because their travel habits were breaking the bank?

2. Who's your most well-traveled BJD?
      I think this would be my Nabarro Sumner head because I don't think the owner I bought him from was the first.

Character-wise, I think my Hades-inspired character would come off most well traveled and refined. Right now, I kind of want to call him "Eldrich."

Who's the stick in the mud that gets car or plane sick (has traveled the least)?

I thought it was my Dollprika Umbra from Brazil, but he's actually cast in Korea, so I think it's my Twigling body because I think it's from a batch she cast by herself (or Magic Mirror did it).

Who is most graceful in travel?

Probably one of my Dollshe or 5th Motif because their boxes prevent any movement.

I'd imagine this is Min, for characters, as I'm pretty sure she goes nowhere unless it's first class and with an entourage.

Who completely falls apart (perhaps literally)?

My Dollzone 71cm body arrived with almost every finger broken.

Again, my Nabarro Sumner--not very interesting replies, I know.

As for characters, Anu has probably traveled the farthest--perhaps not in distance, but in time. Perhaps Holli'sse has traveled the furthest in miles/kilometers, as he's inspired by Hermes.

Did they travel the most before settling down with you as your doll (so for secondhand dolls or during shipping), or have you traveled with them?

The only dolls I've traveled with in my Midwest tristate area, so not very far--most commonly, I travel with Pip, my PlanetDoll MSD Riz, so my dolls have probably traveled more without me!

Do you have a doll that's been sent out a lot for faceups or custom items?

Haven't ventured to either of these yet!

Which doll's travel habits have cost you the most (for countries that have it, customs fees; shipping; checked baggage; etc.)?

Shipping is always pricey for EMS or DHL from Taobao agents to me, and Iplehouse's shipping is also pretty steep, but the most ridiculous adventure I had was that my USPS forgot to notify me that something (fiber) arrived from Estonia and I had to have it shipped to me twice! (Shipping from Russia and former satellite states is always slow for me--can be almost 1.5 months to arrive at my USPS, so I didn't think much of it until it was too late and definitely sent back--who knew they'd be efficient over the holidays!)

Did you have to cut their dolly adventures off short because their travel habits were breaking the bank?

Not yet, but don't give them any ideas! Pip, in particular, is impossible to argue with!

#2 americanseamstress, Jun 1, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    3. Pip my pukipuki goes on trips with me. The USA is huge so we haven't left it (though I have) but she's been to all kinds of places, including Hawaii!
      [​IMG]

Stella TrollChild goes to big doll conventions most often, and is a mascot for me at those. Her buddy Ianto traveled too but he's not fond of crowds or plane flights. (At All!)

My most homebodied doll so far is probably Aspen. (Seed Dolls Wol) Being a dryad, she likes to stay rooted. Someday I want to take her to visit Pando, the giant aspen grove that is the world's largest single living thing.

#3 Rosslyn, Jun 1, 2018
    4. I started collecting dolls while I was living in Japan, then I took them with me when I went to stay with my partner's family in England, so all of my dolls have at least been on two continents. The smaller ones also came with me when I visited my parents in Oregon, so those ones have seen three continents.

The most well-traveled would have to be Sumire; from Oregon, I brought her along for photo ops on a family road-trip to Yellowstone, so she's done a nice little circuit of the Northwestern corner of the US. She's also the easiest to transport because of the nice sturdy zippered case Sugarble sent with her, and even in the case she only takes up about as much space as one shoe.

The least traveled are my two SDs. They're just too cumbersome... I can take an MSD and three tinies in the same luggage space that one SD occupies.

None of my dolls have done much traveling on their own... Jade, Virga, and Sumire all made speedy shipping trips from Korea to Japan, and Rebecca only had to make a 30 minute train ride from Tenshi-no-Mado to my apartment.

5. I brought all three of my dolls (SDs) with me to Japan from the States, so they are all relatively well-traveled. The one who's gone the most places though would be Kyle, my Dollzone Brant. He's my number one and always up for adventure. He'd go everywhere with me, if I let him, but SDs quickly become a pain to carry (and when I'm trying to enjoy my own sightseeing, I don't wanna deal :sigh). Kyle's been across the United States with me, and within Japan, he's been to Tokyo, Kawaguchiko, Kyoto, Osaka, and Hiroshima.
      After him would be Dash and Reann. They usually travel together although there was one time I took only Dash with me for some city pics (which mostly failed :roll:).

No one has really fallen apart--just sort of curled in on themselves. No one likes losing their hair and being stuffed in a bag. :sweat Reann is the most OK with it, but, of course, she's the smallest and fits the best.

Reann has been away for a faceup, but that was only a couple states away from me.

6. I see that I'm the first vote for Africa. :lol: I brought my MSD F-10 (Mitchell) with me to South Africa way back in 2005. XD Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of him with the local wildlife.

My MSD Hewitt, F-10 and Enn all lived with me in the UK for a few years, before we moved to Singapore. Hewitt (Shiina) has also been to France and Japan. Enn (Noel) has been to Barcelona, Spain. Mitchell has been to Venice, Italy, besides South Africa. Tatsue (SDC Ren boy) has been to New Zealand, and Laurie (Yo-SD Anne Sweet Dream) has been with me to Tenshi no Sato, Japan. ^-^

All the above were holidays, I can't bear the thought of sending them away for face-ups. They were all champion travellers and had no mishaps in transit or on foreign soil (that I can recall ;))! My Yo-SD Puff (Peter) and Kanon (Sui) have never travelled, as I stopped bringing my dolls around with me after 2008. And I've never been to the Americas, so none of my dolls have, either. XD;

#6 shan, Jun 1, 2018
    7. Hrm, I pre-emtpively ticked in Asia alongside Europe because that'll be within the next half year or so haha.

Who's your most well-traveled BJD? Who's the stick in the mud that gets car or plane sick (has traveled the least)?
      WITHdoll Snow Fox Penn (16cm Tiny) has traveled with me by boat and plane in Europe.
      I don't see myself taking my 65cm boy on long travels, probably ever, unless domestic. He's heavy and would have to be unstrung. My Dollfie Dream Sister girl fits into my MSD carrier bag though and she's likely to go with me to Japan! Being vinyl she's so leightweight it's no problem that she's SD size.

Who is most graceful in travel? Who completely falls apart (perhaps literally)?

WITHdoll Snow Fox Penn (16cm Tiny), she fits snugly in my MSD carriers inner side pocket or my DSLR bag.
      My Dollfie Dream Sister girl can be in the carrier bag, wig and all still on, and still emerge gracefully.

WITHdoll Snow Fox Penn has been from Finland to Sweden and Estonia.
      She and the DDS will go the farthest to Japan soon!

Did they travel the most before settling down with you as your doll (so for secondhand dolls or during shipping), or have you traveled with them? Do you have a doll that's been sent out a lot for faceups or custom items?

My Sadol Yena came to me secondhand all the way from US to Europe but the DDS girl has switched owners at least twice, so she's the most travelled secondhand doll I own. Otherwise my tiny is just so easy to bring along anywhere!
      I've never sent anything out for face up, I want to, but then likely only in Europe.

Which doll's travel habits have cost you the most (for countries that have it, customs fees; shipping; checked baggage; etc.)? Did you have to cut their dolly adventures off short because their travel habits were breaking the bank?

Custom fees from secondhand and directy from companies hurt my wallet as a European, my first doll (Iplehouse JID Cordelia) costed and arm and a leg to free from customs. Could have gotted another doll with it. :/ I try to look for items/dolls within Europe now, unless I use Chinese Airmail or DHL which often avoids customs here, compared to EMS.

8. Well, none of mine have travelled really, unless you count Teo taking a little trip to the country with me. But, I’ve booked to go to Ldoll in October and teo will come with me for that, and I’m debating taking him to Sardinia with me on holiday (burning sun?!)

9. I took a couple of my dolls (most I don't own anymore) to a different state when I went to a family reunion.

But honestly, my dolls have travelled more than I have. Most of them (all of them?) Were made in Asia, and then travelled to me in the US. I've never been out of the country, so they're more well travelled than I am! :XD:

10. Oh, my poor dolls! The only traveling they have done is their journey to me! I keep them at home, in my bedroom where it is dark and safe. I’m so overprotective! I don’t care about sunlight damage. Mostly theft, and the fact I couldn’t replace them. I have action figures that I take everywhere, so yeah, bjds are just too costly for me to feel safe taking them on trips.

11. My Withdoll Cathy is the most traveled. She was purchased directly from Withdoll's website so she was shipped to me from South Korea to the US. She has traveled out of state for a meetup once, so far, and then traveled abroad to Italy with me. I'm planning to visit Norway later this year and I'm leaning towards bringing her again if I can't get the tiny sized doll on my wishlist before then. My favorite memory from Italy was browsing shops to find doll-sized accessories and props. Because she was with me, I got perfect scaled items and the souvenirs become even more special.
      [​IMG]
      Adley's Souvenir
      by Anante, on Flickr

12. Technically Mariko, my Cherishdoll Chubby is my most traveled. She was born in Korea, traveled with me to several places in the US and followed me on an Italy trip. Many of my MSDs and Tinies have tagged along with me as I traveled, as they are easier to transport than SDs.

13. Joren has been with me to Japan both the times I've gone, and Bimblesnork lived in Australia before she came to stay with me. Everyone else is pretty much homebound, though I've taken some of the others on road trips here in the US.

14. Issun, my Banji, is my travelling companion. He's been all over the US and Canada, to China and to Japan and South Korea. We're heading in the European direction next.

15. Leon, my Puki Puki Pukisha, has traveled the most since he fits in my purse he goes nearly everywhere with me. I live in upstate New York and he's been to NYC several times, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, and to Florida twice. He's going with me to Montana in a few weeks, and will be going with me to Italy in August. Kaimana has traveled more than most of the others. I won't take the Real Puki's out because I'm terrified of loosing one of their tiny hands or feet. None of them travel without me since I don't have the money or the trust that someone else would get it right to send them to someone else for a face-up. Though I'm still not very good at it myself, and have a lot of blank dolls.

16. I've only been out of the United States twice, and both of those trips were class/school related and sponsored so I was limited in how much I could bring. But Mei has been up and down the entirety of the east coast with me. Resinsoul sent her with a free carrying case so she makes a wonderful traveling companion.