1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

alternative hands for old volks sd13 girl body?

Feb 3, 2010

1. hello!

i'm sorry if this info is somewhere - but i can't find it...

i am getting an old sd13 body in WHITE skin tone, to match my old white skin f-12 head.

the hands on the old bodies are not my favorite, at least from the seller's photos.

does anyone know of alternatives that would match - fit & resin tone?

thanks for any help!

2. The first choice would be white oldskin Volks, there are quite a lot still out there - exactly which hands does the old body come with? The SD13 girl standard, H09, or some other hands?

3. hi quiet queen. i'm not sure of the difference of the hands you mentioned.
      here are the photos of the auction:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank you!

4. A pair of H06 hands - how unusual! :o

H09 are the SD13 girl "default" hands, for example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For other hands check out Angelden's FCS site

The oldskin hands mechanics are quite different, I haven't a clue as to what hands would work with it.

5. oh! so the H06 are rare or something? just curious, as i had to get this body through a middle-man because the auction was in Korean, so i don't know much about it.

thanks!

6. If not rare, at least unusual. They aren't the most popular hands... You should definitely keep the H06-hands for that alone, even if you switch to another pair as your default hands for the body.

7. thanks quiet queen - i will definitely keep them. :)

anyone else know an alternative? thank you!

8. *bumping this* I am kind of curious what else might be around for this. I like being able to swap hands sometimes. :3

9. [Edit: I just realised that I was scatterbrained and answered a completely different question. Sorry - let me try again!]

The Volks SD13 oldskin mechanics differs from both the oldskin SD mechanics and the pureskin mechanics, so you probably wouldn't be able to put the oldskin option parts on an oldskin SD13 body, since the option parts were made for the SD mechanics.

I don't know if the oldskin FCS ever offered other hands with the SD13 body than the standard H09... The body orphansparrow asked about above is a SD/SD13 hybrid.

10. Just to clarify, though this is rather old - I did end up trying to switch hands on her, and even the Volks oldskin hands do not fit on her. It's because of the ball of the wrist. So I'm not sure if you'd be able to put any hands on this old body. Also, I ended up being rather fond of her unusual hands. I like them now. ^_^