1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

American Girl Molly Bicycle the perfect size for MSD/MDDs?

Jul 24, 2012

1. [​IMG]

I'm looking at trying to obtain an American Girl Molly Bicycle, but curious on the size/ratio. My MDD is a young girl from japan and this bicycle looks to be pretty similar to the bikes they use in Japan (in terms of the basket/backrack/etc). It's super cute, but I've never actually seen any pictures of MDD/MSDs on American Girl bikes to see if they are the perfect size or if the bikes are too big for them? I see snippets here and there saying American Girl props in general are the perfect size for MSDs, but no actual pictures for comparison.

Does anyone out there maybe have an American Girl bike (Molly's blue bike or the 70s bannana seat bike or really any bike from American Girls) for their MSD/MDD? I'd really love to know if I should shell out some money for this super adorable bike.

Any info is greatly appreciated! :aheartbea

2. I know what you mean, in this hobby, info can be scarce sometimes on doll props! I saw a moped the other day that was apparently the same approx. size, but I've never seen it again or any information about it. I guess it's one of those buying on faith or not at all situations.

3. yeah... I mean it's super cute - and in the end I think I'm going to try taking the risk. If worst comes to worst I'll resell it again, but I tell you this... my info will be posted somewhere so someone can at least benefit from my endeavor lol XD

4. Here's an update if anyone wants to know if the American Girl Molly Bike (and other AG bikes) fit MSD/MDDs very well.
      Answer is. YES they do! :D

Of course with this particular bike the handle bars are wide, but they were that way in the 1940s too. It has a rear view mirror that I have to reattach with some glue, and also a light (which I need to check with batteries), and a working horn. A very beautiful prop and well worth the money. Average is about 120-150 in nearmint-mint condition. The bike actually works too : )

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

5. That's really perfect! Now i can surely know what fits my girls. Thank you for sharing this, Mangaemi!

6. :DLove the pictures and your girl is cute.

7. This is brilliant! My boy needs a bike!