1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Update An Announcement from Asleep Eidolon - Warning about Copied Dolls!

May 30, 2009

1. *8/25/09 - Please see post #11 for Update on Pirates using AE sculptors name.*

*6/25/09 - Please see post #5 for Copied Dolls Update!*

Asleep Eidolon has left a public announcement on their Chinese forum regarding people selling their dolls on eBay. The post can be found here:
      http://www.aedoll.cn/announcement.php?id=6#6

For AE's foreign market, the only authorized dealers are

North America: Mint on Card
      http://www.mintoncardinc.com

Europe: Chantal's Dolls Alley
      http://www.dollsalley.nl/shop/index.php

Anyone selling AE dolls on Ebay is not an authorized AE dealer.
      For a safe and happy purchase we respectfully ask that customers please purchase from the official AE dealers.

ASLEEP EIDOLON

AE has been having trouble with people selling mass quantities of their dolls on eBay; that is the reason for this announcement. Some of the AE listings on eBay have been misleading. I would like to clarify that 1/3 Yara (Sr) is not a limited edition doll!
      AE is not concerned with individuals selling dolls from their personal collections on eBay or here on DoA. Their only concern is with people selling large amounts of their dolls, to the point that they may appear to be dealers.

2. But isn't Yara a limited though? They did discontinue making her so those that are out there are limited. Maybe she was not classified as such, but I think once the doll is discontinued, it makes it a limited.

3. Rynn007: She said yara 1/3, so the larger, newer version, not the msd sized one that was discontinued, i think.

4. The 1/4 mini Yara was discontinued for the Chinese market; she has not been discontinued for the North American market. The 1/3 large Yara was just recently released. She has not been discontinued, and she is not limited.

5. Asleep Eidolon would like to make everyone aware that their dolls are being copied. :(

TaoBao link to one of the copied doll listings:
      http://item.taobao.com/auction/item...76c754a87e66e06fcd71abd.jhtml?cm_cat=50026909

This company/seller is advertising that they sell copied AEdolls. Since there is no way for Asleep Eidolon to know who is buying these dolls, they ask that all people interested in their dolls to please purchase directly from dealers, or when buying 2nd hand do so from a member of the BJD community.

Thank you!

6. I hope Asleep Eidolon has contacted eBay about this. Since they're the original manufacturer, they can make a VERO claim and have the auctions taken down. At least you can do that on the U.S. site.

7. I'm not surpriced at all, I've actually been waiting on this. Of several reasons I use ebay a lot, and have over a long period seen these doll(and other companies dolls) and thought they actually looked very strange. There has been several different sellers, and it's the same brands they sell with minor differences. Some of the dolls actually looks so strange that I thought it was freaky. I didn't remember them to look like that. When I compared pictures, the same doll didn't look like that at all. They are actually very pretty and good looking dolls with a higher level of "realism" in the features than the other dolls. But I have learned from experience to keep my mouth shut in here when I see something strange...

It's good for AE and their authorized dealers that they go out with this. I'm disgusted by any kind of theft and theft and copying artwork has always been one thing that ticks a certain mechanism in me, because I have background in various creative genres myself.

BTW, Lindsey, my friend has registered on your site, but the name and password doesn't work, even if she uses exactly the same that was listed in the confirmation email. Do you have a bug in the system? ;)

8. Hmmm....no one has contacted us about having any trouble. Ask your friend to please email me at [email protected] with her username. We'll figure it out.

9. This person must by buying dolls and re-selling them. AE has said that they are not providing their dolls to this person, and they have told dealers in China not to sell to anyone outside of Asia, so AE has no idea how this person in California is getting the dolls.

10. Asleep Eidolon Fruit Sisters are being copied! AE sculptor Yunikiss, (邪 恶小黑猫), has publicly announced on the Chinese AE forum that people in China are posing as her to sell pirated versions of the 1/4 Fruit Sisters. Asleep Eidolon wants to kindly remind people to please purchase directly from the official dealers, (listed on post#1), or when buying 2nd hand to do so from a member of the BJD community. Thank you! :)