Ancient Tales (42 cm BJD)

Apr 25, 2019

1. Was wondering if anyone on here owns this girl? I have a layaway for this girl with the dream face and was hoping other people could post theirs and show some awesome poses, likes and dislikes, and what to expect.

2. I found this unboxing of her but I don't know if many people on DoA know about her :0

3. Thank you!!

4. I used to own a smaller MSD by Olga Reingard/Ancient Tales a few years back, which I bought second hand on Ebay. She was beautifully sculpted, very skilled for the size. I loved her face sculpt, but sold her eventually because she had quite short stocky legs, and I couldn't find any clothing to fit her. Also, while the resin was beautifully smooth and silky, it was also a really dark tanned orangey colour, which I am hoping is not typical.

I was impressed with the sculpting though and have just got notice of shipping for the new 42 cm doll that is featured on this unboxing video. I ordered an extra face plate and also some shoes, she should get here during the week so I will post some pics. Actually, looking how old this thread is, you must have your doll by now?

5. I did eventually purchase the doll! The resin is more of a light tan than orange but does appear orange time to time in my photos. Shes very nice resin but i already noticing thinning between her legs which I will eventually need to epoxy. I have very little complaints since shes wonderfully sculpted. I did recieve her with a scratch on her head from poor packaging but Olga gave me $40 off my next purchase. I do love this doll a lot she's a very beautiful and affordable fashion sized doll!

6. That's great to hear @vvnem, do you have any photos yet :)

7. I don't post on here because of the hassle but if you check my instagram page at @resiinlungs you'll see a lot of photos of her body, her posing, and my overal love for her.

8. That's great thanks, will go and check it out :)

9. In various poses she is gorgeous
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

10. I have one with all three faceplates she is a lovely doll and poses very well. Unfortunately the maker used dark ballpoint pen to trace on the fabric for sueding mine so the ink has bled through the thin edges of the resin at the joints. Still a gorgeous doll though.

Night:
      [​IMG]

Wind:
      [​IMG]

Dream:
      [​IMG]

The night faceplate is my favourite though:
      [​IMG]

11. I regret selling mine :doh but fell out of love with her..maybe one day ill buy the newer ones. I like her shoulders better.

12. Yeah the shoulders do take some getting used to but wow they give a great range of movement. I think she had a version of this older body that had normal shoulders as well, so you may be able to find one of those second hand.