1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Of Dream (AoD) 60cm Discussion - Part 2

Jan 20, 2015

1. @mollym apparently I only replied to your previous post in my head! That's a good tip about adding a tint of another colour - it hadn't occurred to me that different skintones would need different tooth colours. I don't want my dolls to look too realistic either although I could probably manage a natural uneven skintone - just not deliberately! If I ever master eyebrows maybe I'll try veins!

Anyway! Yay for the new arrival! She looks fabulous even blank. The brown wig looks cute on her. I think they sent really big, like 18mm, eyes with mine but even before I modded her eyes smaller I used smaller eyeballs. I really expected the baby to be one piece - the head comes off? For an easier birth?! ? It looks like she has different hands to mine - they seem a more natural pose. I keep failing with my Hui Xiang's faceup but somehow she looks nice despite it. She doesn't even have eyebrows atm poor thing!

2. Can anyone tell me the size of the wrist ball for these guys? I'm interested in a pair of the skeleton hands for one of my SD Vito boys but I can't seem to find the size of the wrist ball anywhere. All it says is that the hands fit 1/3 AoD boy/girl bodies, which isn't terribly helpful when I'd like to put them on a different brand of doll.

I have 3 AoD boys but 2 are MSD and the other is an LE Doll/AoD Adonis collab boy (there are only 38 of him and I've never seen another out in the wilds of the internet) and his body was custom designed for the collab so I don't think I can rely on his wrist measurements since he's not a "standard" AoD 1/3 boy.

This is Moswen (AoD Chi) and Kijika (LE Doll/AoD Adonis collab). I assume Kijika would belong here as he's 57cm.
      [​IMG]Moswen & Kijika 1 by ID Locke, on Flickr

3. I just saw the pregnant body and might just have to get one... Have you styled your girl any further? :chibi

4. @Bristol.... sadly not yet. It's been a crazy summer and the only weekend I had opened... it rained and I got sick anyhow. I'm hoping very soon, but sun and good weather is for only a few months of the year in my area.

5. I have a vito boy and some small SD hands and I don't think the AOD skeleton hands are smaller than my smallest SD hands which don't fit on the vito boy since his hands are smaller in size. (I bought jointed hands for him which don't fit) X_X

6. @Jigarkhvar Well darn. I have some Dollmore Dollpire Adam hands and they fit my Vito guy beautifully (the WS resin match is near perfect, too) so I was hoping that the AoD ones would fit the Vito boys (or fit with some minor modding of the AoD wrist ball).

7. @Iron_Dog I can give you the meassurements on the normal wristjoint of the AOD hands. But in my opinion I think that AOD hands are from the larger hands of SD hands. Resinsoul have cute small hands

8. If you could give me the wrist measurements, that would be awesome. I'd likely get the non-jointed hands as I'm not a super fan of them despite having several guys with jointed hands. The regular skeletal hand are like $15 so if mods are required to make them work it's not a a big deal in my head.

9. Hello all :) Just hopping in here with a little spam and a greeting.

[​IMG]

Oh and does anyone have experience/an opinion on hot-glue sueding these guys? Does it work well etc?

10. Out of the blue a bit, but is anyone able to tell me which sculpt my girl is? :) I bought her second-hand, but I admittedly haven’t been able to figure out what her sculpt is for the past three years. ^^’
      [​IMG]

11. Hello everyone <3
      I am looking for a reasonably priced doll body for my incoming girl. I thought AoD is a good option, but I am unsure about their posability. Does anyone have some experience with this? I mean, how is it comparing to other companies? I don't mean super gymnastics, just basic stuff like sitting in different positions, standing, etc? How do the hip, torso and elbow joints work in your opinion?

12. I wish I could identify that sculpt, but I have no idea, either way, that's a great face. :D

I have the pregnant body, she poses just fine. It depends more on how tight the strings are tied. Wiring is always an option, and many have great success with that.

13. @CutieKitty as with all dolls your mileage may vary when it comes to poseability but from my experience AoD is pretty good overall but there are a couple of things that bother me. She sits great, no need for slouching and is usually a reliable stander. She can be a bit weak in the knees tho - sueding could help there. No swivel joints in the thighs mean she's limited to knees together, feet a bit apart when seated which is cute tho. The main issue I have is the elbows. They bend towards the body so she never looks comfortable with her hands in her lap. Oh and I don't love the hands either but I reshaped the more awkward one by boiling it. The lower torso joint does lock into place but tends to look unnatural so I don't use it. I usually only make my dolls slouch when they're sitting but she sits so nicely straight backed I don't bother! But having just grabbed her to try it out, the top torso joint is good with a nice range of movement. (you might want to take a look at Impldoll's Model body while you're researching - it has thigh and upper arm swivel joints, a nice body sculpt - bit shorter than the AoD but depends what you're looking for. She does need to slouch to sit tho.)

There's some naked photos of both these bodies on my Flickr; Sitting the first one is Impldoll then the AoD small bust. Hope that's helpful!

@Celestine your girl is lovely - hope someone can tell you what sculpt she is - maybe someone more familiar with older sculpts?

14. thank you <3

that's SO much information <3 thank you for your time! The photo referrence helps a lot too. I was thinking about getting an impldoll, but I didn't like the sculpt and now that you say that it's even smaller, I'm all for the AoD body. I like it's natural look and small breasts. I was just unsure about the posing, but your response has helped me a lot <3

15. No worries, glad it was helpful! The bust options are nice on the AoD body - I did swap my girl onto a smaller bust because it suited her better. Good luck with your hybrid!

16. I love the natural look of her small bust and I'm into it because it's soo much easier for sewing :) I'm also used to the easthetics of lanky models and I want my bjds to look similar (I'm more into fashion doll-like side of the hobby rather than characters lol). And for the price, AoD is like the best option around. Even the bodies that go for 300sth aren't often as pretty.

17. @CutieKitty I do have to agree that AoD makes really pretty dolls, and the price point is very nice. Myself, I'm not particularly into adult female dolls, but, AoD is among a few companies that make that an exception. The price point is certainly a plus! I wish I could help more, but, the pregnant body I have has different parts than the regular one. I hope you find a great match for your new dolly!

18. that's ok ;)
      I have a personal limit when it comes to dolls and since I know that I sell my dolls within 3 or so years, I don't want to invest too much either. Anyway, if I can get a nice body for 200 bucks, then why would I want to pay a double (at least) of that for the same thing as most bodies priced below aren't as good looking anyway. I still need to decide though about the bust... the 2nd smallest is temptig, it looks really nice on her <3

19. I'm always glad for the different bust options. Sometimes, it's fun to have more than one if you are into the different style of clothes. Mine just had the default, but I did look hard at the regular female body before because of that choice.

20. @CutieKitty yep, AoD are definitely good for the price. I like my dolls on different bodies - in my case I'm all about the character! My girl was originally on the impldoll body but it's very soft and feminine - the AoD body with its six pack suits her more. Here's her old medium bust and her smaller one;

[​IMG]Angel of Dream Medium and Small Bust by Rubydoll Chaos, on Flickr

Ah yes, @mollym, I noticed that the pregnant body has thigh swivel joints - does she have them in her arms too? I'd be tempted to ask if her legs fit the standard body