1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Of Dream (AoD) 60cm Discussion - Part 2

Jan 20, 2015

1. @rubydoll thanks a lot for the link <3 Now that I can see them I must admit - I will have to take smaller. It's not thaaat small anyway, but it looks cute and my two girls could swap their clothes (my other girl is on the sd13 B-bust volks body). That's yet another reason why I'd not want a super-curvy and big-breasted doll body.

Although I'm not a fan of hip-bone joints (I only like two-piece torsos cut on the ribs), I also like her belly. It's sporty but not super slim. As regards the sculpt - the only thing I wouldn't mind being diferent would be a little curvier thighs. Just a little ;)

2. She doesn't have the same style swivel joints on her arms, but they do well. I guess I missed the regular lady body having the regular thighs. My other adult female resin doll has them too, and maybe my boys as well, so, I might have not noticed. My lady has her elastic a bit too tight in her arms now, but I've really not done anything with her since she's been home aside from dressing her. She's due a faceup, but this isn't the first time I had a blank doll for a time before I was ready, she's still really cute though.

I agree, all the busts look nice, but even the small one isn't really small in comparison to her human counter parts, maybe only small in the world of fashion dolls, but they all look proportionate.

3. Every since I reshelled my Endigo’s body from a Mirodoll body to Angel Of Dream back in October I loved the discussion I made. I love how I’m able to pose him better and able to put shoes on him even if he just fits the girl shoes. He dresses feminine anyway.

I’m working on getting my SD13 boy Alucard to get reshelled into the 62cm body and getting my first SD13 girl from them as well. :abambi:

4. I just received the body today and I love it! It both fits and matches my Supia Rosy head so well! And It's pretty too! The torso is my favourite and looks so much better in person. Also I was concerned about the funny hand but in fact i love it and it inspires poses that would look unnatural with other types of hands. Also the lack of the hip joint as you guys mentioned isnt problematic at all. Overall, I love the body and I'm happy I didn't have to pay an arm and leg to get it! I also ordered some wigs and shoes with it and I'm just very happy about it all.

5. My Angel of Dream Qian head was my first ever bjd. She still needs a body, but I also really want to get an AOD Gu for a different character. Picking between dolls is so hard, and I feel so bad to leave her as a floating head.

6. It's been awhile since I ordered an AoD body and I used to get them from Dollonline on Ebay. I couldn't find anything but huge busted body in SD size. Are they still out there?

7. I used Alice's Collections to order, @lkayet . Maybe you could e-mail them to ask?

8. Guess I'll be joining ya'll soon. I have a Zixi on the way, which I can't really seem to find here. Anyone else own that lovely girl?

9. Hello everyone. I’m wondering if anyone else here owns a gelei. I’d love to see pictures and how other people decorated him/her. Here’s mine on Luts Delf boy body. I’m thinking about possibly changing him to a girl body [​IMG]

10. I just realized that I never posted my AOD Zixi. I haven't paid as much attention to her as I'd like. She needs more clothes and a proper fitting wig, but I do love her. This is Sizzy. :>
      [​IMG]

11. Wowee, I had to go back so far to find this thread! Is this company super unpopular, or what? Well, I love their dolls, and just got Rhoda, a Wu Shuang. I'm in love with her evil little smirk! Omg so happy really. What's the deal? Why is this thread so far back?

[​IMG]

12. @Alchemicat - I think they've kind of fallen off people's radar? I know I lost track of what was going on with them when their English site vanished. You're reminding me I need to finish repainting my Qian. Your girl does have a marvelous smirk!

13. I'm thinking of ordering a Zimei, but I can't find the eye size that would fit her (and I've never had a SD before so rough estimates are hard)... could anyone tell me what size the AOD SD usually take for eyes?

14. Well, my Qian can't take anything smaller than 16mm, and LegendDoll just seems to have 16mm as the default size given on all the AoD SD sales pages, but if all these example dolls are wearing 16s, it looks to me like some of them could take 14s too. I don't see a Zimei listed there, though?

15. oh, thanks!!
      yeah, oddly, I can only see Zimei on the Alice's Collection site... But I think it's not my first time seeing some dolls missing on LegendDoll?

16. Ah, okay, that sculpt! I saw her on AoD's own site, but I didn't take the time to translate anything...
      It actually looks like they used high-dome eyes that don't fit quite right, so there's some gapping at the sides. That makes it harder to tell. I'd probably try 16mm low-dome small iris eyes, unless of course you prefer the large iris look!

#216 Sianserais, Apr 17, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    17. Would anybody here happen to have both DZ white and AoD white and tell me if they match? Also is new AoD white paper white or creamy white? I'm asking about the match as those two are supposedly a good match from what I've been able to scrounge up here on DoA from old threads and I really like the looks of the AoD body for Oleander, who needs a slimmer/less muscled body than his current one (Miro NY).

Oleander is an... odd colour as the caster screwed up the colour (he's an imperfect Angel Toast Crow). But! He perfectly matches mellowed DZ white (2013) as well as a 99% match to Dollshe oriental. Blushing Oleander to match isn't a thing as he has a gorgeous face-up by Meanist and I don't think she's doing face-ups any more.

Fei-Lau (DZ Edward) lives in his box most of the time (no display space *sigh*) so his mellowing should be just the natural aging of resin not due to UV exposure. I'd say he's a nice creamy white and not a paper white although he was paper white when he first arrived to me. While I do have AoD boys, they are tan and NY. The NY is NOT a match at all as it's way too dark.

18. I've been foraying more into the vinyl side of the doll hobby as of late but my first Grail, back when I was ~13 with no income, was an AoD Meng Li, and I've been considering trying to get her finally! I'm a bit nervous though because I was super faceblind back then and there aren't a ton of owner pics out there still. That and resin might seem too heavy and ungainly after dealing with frame-base off topic dolls for a while (though I miss how resin just "flops" into cute poses; more cuddles! Is that weird?), but I need something new to inspiring me and finally recreating my vision for my original dream doll "Bailey" might be a great way to do that. I'd probably go with whatever bust size fits the most clothes, because daaang there are so many options apparently. I didn't do that much research back then so that I'll have to do from scratch. I'm actually really looking forward to this! I'll even have to save up for real again since I'm being stricter on my spending after a too-big-but-technically-within-my-means purchase, but that will make my triumph all the sweeter.

Fair warning, DZ white and AOD white used to be a perfect match (in fact, knowing that AOD/Doll-Love were sister companies and DZ/Doll-Chateau were another pair, led me to a Doll-Love/DC hybrid that matched perfectly though I think Doll-Love seems to yellow faster) but DZ relatively recently changed their white resin to something that I think is more creamy, but is certainly different from the paper white they used to have. So going by that it seems less likely that they would match now, but I haven't had them in person to tell. It might depend on when you got the DZ doll, since the change was I think within the last year or two? I can look it up at some point but I know it was fairly recent.

I hope you can find a match though! My Laika, an old DZ Shoyo in white, has definitely mellowed to a butter color (that probably doesn't match anything at this point, she's old, and I'm still mad at my 13-year old self for not finding option hands to be necessary) so maybe yellowing could somehow make a match, but it seems like a shot in the dark to me tbh. There's always blushing I guess? I've never had a mismatched hybrid so IDK how noticeable it actually is.

19. @Cattya Thanks for the info. In speaking to others who are more experienced than me with hybrids (I only have 3 out of 66 dolls that are hybrids), it was suggested that I get a NP body and wait for the pink to mellow, which apparently happens in a relatively short period of time. The resulting colour should be close-ish to Oleander. Maybe. If I'm lucky because he's Mystery Resin Colour.

Don't let your face-blindness hold you back on getting a sculpt you connect with. As one proso to another, I find that it's usually something about the sculpt on an instinctual level that draws me to one sculpt over another. I can't really explain well what exactly that something is. The best I can say is that it speaks to me in an indefinable way. But, that's me and YMMV on how you work/deal with your face-blindness. Mine is the acquired variety so that may have some bearing on it as well since I do know what it's like to recognize people via their faces but don't have a clue about that now *sigh*. I also find that I am more drawn to the odd/unusual sculpts likely because of the oddness and my ability to recognize them.

20. I've been searching through this forum but no luck finding anything regarding someone purchasing a full AoD doll since 2018. Since the product photos are nearly a decade old at this point, if I'm remembering the timing of my original search correctly, I have absolutely no idea what their current faceup style is like. I like the look of Meng Li's in her product page, but unless I can be sure that I'd be getting something I like, I'll probably get her blank. Which is a shame because I was hoping to artificially give myself the "first doll fullset experience" to recreate what I missed in my youth. :c