1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Of Dream (AoD) 60cm Discussion - Part 2

Jan 20, 2015

1. @arkell I also had a speedy order when I purchased my version I body. Mine's was made and shipped in 10 days. I kind of want to buy the version II body now if it's always going to be that fast of a turn around. Who did you order your body through? I made my purchase through a one of AoD's Taobao dealers.

2. @Arkelle Are you kidding me? Now that’s a speedy turnaround! :aeyepop:

Thanks so much! I’d love to see any pics too if you are able. Congrats on the imminent arrival!

3. @Cloudedmind I ordered from Alice's Collections! They were super helpful and actually were able to get me clearer photos of the body without the grain filter in its promo photos. They also said that AoD orders ship out super fast in less than a month, but I definitely didn't expect just 7 days! You also get free EMS shipping when ordering a body over 55cm too, so honestly can't recommend them enough!

@Havra I know right?! Definitely the fastest i've ever had a doll made!
      It should arrive today or tomorrow so i'll share some photos here soon!~ :aheartbea

4. @Arkelle I may have missed this, but what head did you get the body for?

5. @Cloudedmind It's no worries, I actually didn't mention it. I got it for my Dearmine Vincent head which is an anthro cat sculpt. I thought the thin and long-legged look of the ver II body would suit a catboy really well! :kitty2

---

The body arrived to me already! Exactly 10 days since the day I ordered! The resin color doesn't match the head I got it for, but I intended to dye him anyway so that's not a big deal. Otherwise I think it suits him perfectly, and i'm very happy with it so far! I'll try to get some photos here soon!

Also, i'd say the shoulder width measured with the arms is more like 14cm, and even close to 15cm slightly lower down.

6. @Arkelle That's awesome, I can't wait to see what you do with him. You always have such nice doll ideas.

7. Can I drop off some spam? This Heidi was the first doll of a local collector, who later sold her to my best friend, who sold her to me, who only wanted her body XD Recently I pulled her out of the drawer she'd been in, modded her slightly and gave her a faceup.

[​IMG]Untitled by Vampire Angel13, on Flickr

My Harley has three heads so she's the full-time look, but I love her as an extra!

ETA: I forgot to mention she's NS and I painted her white...and didn't bother to match her to her body, which is why she's...the way she is. lol

8. She looks AWESOME! I've always been a fan of your mods/comic book dolls and this is no exception! I think the look with the white head works pretty well, I'm not super familiar with DC comics but I'm under the impression that Harley wears full-on clown makeup a lot, so this kinda fits? Either way she looks great!

If it's okay to ask, what body is she on? If it's AoD as well and you'd be willing to share the bust size I'd really appreciate it- that's the last decision I need to make regarding my next doll (AoD Meng Li) and while I planned on looking around the forum first before asking for comparisons, I figured it wouldn't hurt in this case. ^w^;

9. Thank you!! :D It doesn't bother be since a lot of my dolls are hybrids and I only bother to match the ones that are really off XD but I thought I'd pre-explain why she was SO white lol

She's on my Luts SDF type 2 body (Harley's other two heads are a Luts event head). I do have the AOD body (with a FL head on it) but I have no idea what size her bust is. Sorry I couldn't help!

10. Thanks anyway! She's definitely lovely.

11. jut ordered my first bjd, an AOD Zimei and im so excited, especially with yalls quick TAT that makes me ecstatic

12. When does AOD tend to have sales? I’m thinking of getting a larger doll from them.

13. I don't think they ever really have sales? At least I don't remember any. They're already on the the more affordable end than most dolls anyways.

14. I had my eye on Angel of Dream's Yuki for years before I actually bought her, and I don't think I ever saw a sale. But AoD is one of the most affordable companies there is, and they also have some of the shortest wait times and great quality for the low price. I am really happy with my AoD girl-- she actually holds a pose better than a few of my more expensive dolls!

15. Thank you both.
      I read something in an old thread about a sale and didn’t want to order and then a sale come after. Haha.

good to know about their posing also. Thanks again!

16. They might do a winter one sometimes? I ordered mine from Alice's and was sent a resin cat as a bonus/gift, so that was a really cool thing that can sometimes happen.

17. Hey everyone, I'm really enjoying seeing your AODs! I am buying a Qi (on layaway), and she'll be my first big doll, I have only had MSDs and smaller before. Does anyone here have a Qi? If so, I'd love to see your pics! Also, could you please tell me what size eyes I will need for her?

18. Congrats on your Qi @Charlotte Sometimes . I started out with big dolls then later went smaller, so I'm all over the place with scale too! I don't have Qi but think that's an excellent choice for your first SD size. Have you made plans for her yet?

19. Thank you! No concrete plans, but I know I want to attempt her face-up myself, so I'm gradually accumulating supplies and obsessively watching tutorials and reading all I can about technique, as my only previous attempt was on a tiny doll, using only pencils, and without any research. I'm most excited to sew for her and am picturing lots of floaty, trailing chiffon and pastel colors. She's definitely going to be a long term project and hopefully the doll I develop my creativity with!

20. hi.
      I’m still waiting for a photo of new 62cm body :)