1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Region Little Fair Discussion part 1

Jan 11, 2005

1. I have a very old white AR Cien - bought him secondhand about 4+ years ago after someone gave up on modding his eyes open, so I'm guessing he may have been a closed-eye edition. Inside his head cap, in the center it says Little Fair in script writing, then closer to one part of the rim, it has printed "Kali S Cien oo"

Lol - and while I was checking out the inside of his headcap, the screw decided to escape his foot, so now I have a doll, a foot-in-a-shoe, a loose calf, and another project....

2. That's what I'm thinking too since she is a second hand from a previous owner that returned to my friend in horrid conditions :(

and I noticed on the outside part of her eyes are dipped lower.

[​IMG]

3. Ooh! Someone confirmed my fleeting suspicion of modded sleeping Cien. It's weird that they didn't differentiate the headcap for half-closed eye Ren.

It sounds like your Cien is a trickster. :lol:

4. LOL so she's more special XD

the screw on my foot came out so I carefully put super glue on there made sure that its dry completely before I attached it together and I have no problems since

5. He's not the first one to pop a foot screw. I have a BF waiting for the same attention. (Don't care WHAT the tube says, few super glue tubes stay multi-usable for very long--)

My boy's eyes are quite different in shape from the usual Cien. The previous owner partially did one eye, and gave up soon after starting the second one. So he's my partially blind fellow. I'm going to redo the faceup though, as the auburn tones only accentuate his greenish-whiteness -- I think the eyes must have been entirely closed, since the left one still has the initial modding drilled hole in it.

[​IMG]

There's another picture of him on a page or two back.

6. that would be nice. mine just looks either very tired or very pissed off

bump thread please

7. Does anyone else have AngelRegion Little Fairs? :(

8. I'm down to 2 Little fairs, I've had a total of 5 (4 of them were Rens, the other a Dana) Though I have to admit, I got fed up with my Present Ren's inability to pose and their pyramid feet and the hands popping off the hooks, so he grew a few cm and has a dollzone body now. :O
      I still love my tiny eared AR kids. <3 Adriyn was my first and we'll be celebrating his 8th birthday in May. :)

9. You had posing problems with your Present Ren? Mine poses like a rock! I can literally pick him up, shake him around, and set him down on a table, and he'll stand up in whatever position he happens to be in. It's amazing. My Rens are the best posers in the house.

My Present Ren is also an Aidrien (different spelling though :D) and is turning 8 this year too! My NT Ren, Kyou, is... hmm, 7 or so now. I wish so much that I'd been able to get a default Soulmate Ren back in the day. Alas, I doubt any of them even exist anymore. :(

echo-chan, I feel like AR hit their peak in around 2005-2006 and then sort of spiraled off. I don't think they're particularly popular anymore, so I'm not really surprised if not many people have them.

10. True, the AR body does stand and sit just as solid as my Volks SD13. I could leave him standing for days and not worry about him falling. But beyond the basic sit/stand I found the range of motion a bit limited compared to my newer dolls. :( I still have his body and it still stands more easily than the DZ. :P

2 of my 4 rens were soulmate rens. :O they are the only 2 I've ever seen come up for sale on DOA. I rehomed one of them about a year ago and the 2nd just last month. :( only 1 was mostly full set and that one was the first I sold. They just weren't getting the love here that I knew they could get elsewhere. My last of the 4 Rens I've owned was a Prode of the Joker. He was so gorgeous, I kinda regret selling him, but my tastes changed and he just didn't fit in well anymore. But all 4 Ren were all crystal rose skin. XD

11. Ahh, I guess they do probably have limited poses compared to newer dolls. I took a very long break from the hobby and my only new doll is from Volks, who haven't caught on to the whole double joints thing for their SD10s and 13s. I'm used to fairly limited ranges of motion, but I do love me some double-jointed elbows.

I once had plans to have one of every LE Ren (Present, NT, Glory Angel, Soulmate, and PoJ; OFY doesn't count) with default faceups and in fullset (where applicable; NT Ren didn't come as a fullset). I gave up on that a long time ago, especially since Soulmate was the one I wanted most and I only saw one in the marketplace in five years.

My dolls still sit in boxes most of the time (curious cat likes to bite hands), but every time I open the box on one of my Rens I'm blown away by how beautiful their faceups are. AR really had a good thing going back then.

12. XD I had that same dream- to own all the limited Rens. But when NT Ren came out I wasn't able to get him, and I have only ever seen one glory angel for sale ever, and I'm pretty sure it was a cien. :( I'd still die for a glory angel, especially a Dana. I adore their face ups!

I'm actually really bummed that my Adriyn's face up has started to really wear and fade. I'm thinking its almost time to get it redone. But I don't want to! Lol. I actually already removed his blush as it had a few minor chips, but the rest is going too. :( I almost want to find a face up artist who has a present Ren, or has seen one a few times so they can get the same feel for my boy. :P

13. I managed to find a NT Ren a month or two after they came out. I don't think I've ever seen one for sale except him, so I got really lucky, especially since he was one of the more limited ones. I would also die for a Glory Angel, though, as I've never seen one for sale at all. The Ren boys had the most amazing lips.

I chipped my Aidrien's nose the tiniest bit years ago, maybe a year after I got him. I cried like a baby and absolutely panicked, but I eventually got over it--you can't tell unless you know it's there, it's so tiny. There are a few spots where the coating has rubbed slightly so his face is shiny, but they're not very large.

I wasn't around when AR got bought out so I know nothing about what happened to them, but I wonder if they still have the same faceup artist on staff at Soom or wherever? Maybe you could just email/call them up and go "hey, so, I've got this Present Ren..." >D

14. I have 2 Little Fairs, an Ami and a Present Jade, both of which I got second-hand. Most of my collection is Bluefairy and they fit in very well with them (body type was the same before Soom took over, I think?). The skin tone doesn't match Bluefairy at all, but aesthetically they have much the same feel.

I moved recently and am still unpacking, so haven't had much time to take pictures. I adore both of my Little Fairs, they are extremely charming!

They both have their default face-ups still--the previous owners took really good care of them. I think I will eventually get new face-ups for them.

15. were they from Soom or that previous company that is unknown? she is modded. So does that mean she's rare and one of a kind?[​IMG]

16. Finally had a chance to take a pic of my Present Jade. His name is Nathaniel.

[​IMG]

17. Hello, looking through this thread made me feel nostalgic. It is so great to see so many older releases. I have two Little Fairs. Present Ren WS and Glory Angel Ami. I think they pose rather well. This is my Glory Angel Ami.

[​IMG]

18. I saw this thread revived last month, and took a pic of my Little Fairs with the intention of posting then... glad to see the thread revived again! Reminded me to post, at last :sweat

Left to right, Fabien/Ren girl; Easton/Dana boy; Fenchurch/Ren girl; Winslow/Jade; Kiku/WS Dana girl.
      [​IMG]

All but Fenchurch were bought on the secondary market, during the years 2007-2008. I prefer childlike MSDs, since in my resin groups, most of them are younger versions of my older characters. Kiku is the only one in this pic who doesn't have an older self, though; she's a freestanding character. ;)

Fabien and Kiku are special editions, but I know nothing about the names and details of these editions -- does anyone else know anything?

19. beamlette, what a darling crew of Little Fairs!

20. Thank you, Reynardine! They always make me smile, both as their characters, and just for their doll selves :aheartbea And your Nathaniel is a very handsome Jade; I like his forthright glance :)