1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Region Little Fair Discussion part 1

Jan 11, 2005

1. [​IMG]

This is my Little Fair Cien, Adrienne. I really need to change out her eyes, but the headcap is, um, a bit intimidating.

2. I've found that if you hold the doll's body firmly between your knees, hold on to the head with one hand and then pull the head cap up with the other you get just enough stretch in the elastic to unhook the head cap. Getting it back on is harder though as you have to twist the head cap back onto the s-hook but once again, stretching the elastic is the key. I have weakness in my wrists but I manage it, just :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

3. Angel Region headcap (or any older BJD make) needs a little bit more strength because they were made before the innovation of the magnetic headcap. I just need to get a smaller s hook since the S-hook I got wasn't the original one.

4. Yeah, I've just bought a friend's limited Glory Angel Angelica (with completely closed eyes) and the way she got around the head cap problem is having a loop of ribbon between the hook in the head cap and the s-hook.

5. Hello hello! I've gotten my first BJD completely by a happy and lucky accident, and have spent the last two weeks doing some homework to find out more about her. Thanks to so many lovely people on DoA and a group of local collectors, I know she is an older Angel Region Little Fair Cien, maybe around 2005-2006. I don't know how many "hands" old she is (i.e. secondhand, third, no clue how many people she owned before ending up with me), but I'm quickly becoming very attached and really enjoying learning all about these masterpieces!

[​IMG]
      (You can see more of her here.)
      I'm waiting on the delivery of some cord to re-string her, and just placed an order for a wig. It's been estimated that her eyes are 12mm.... Is there anyone with an AR LF Cien with 14mm and 16mm eyes? I'm hoping to see some comparison shots before buying a pair myself. Any help - especially side by side/similar color - would be great.

And.... I've followed DoA FAQ, Tech FAQ, and internet searches to try to figure out how to embed those images. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

6. Did you try using the insert image function from the toolbar at the top of the post?

As for eyes, even though she's now sold out on the website, Cien came with 16mm, here is the page with a couple of company photos http://dollsoom.com/soom/neoangelregion.html

Can't wait to see pics once you've found her new eyes :)

7. Thanks, redcountess! I thought she looked a bit grumpy; I'm seeing now that the issue may be her eyes moreso than her face. And I did try the "insert image" at the top of the post... but it only shows as a small icon that looks like a torn piece of paper, even though I switched browsers. Bah humbug.

8. Hi, SunKist!

Congratulations on your beautiful Cien! The reason why your pictures are not showing up is because you are using a web page url, not the picture url. For example, the url for your first photo is:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-NTl9ptP5NCo/UaPnq9tVrWI/AAAAAAAAL_s/_X581oSOaZY/s800/IMG_1015.JPG (the forum will not display the full string, you'll have to follow the link and copy the url from the browser address bar)

You will need to add tags in order for DoA to recognize your link as a photo and display it. Please note, though, that you can only display one image per post in discussion threads, without consecutive posting. If you'd like to show more images, you can always create a Gallery thread and link to it for others to see!

I hope this helps!

9. Omigosh, thank you so much Anna!! *edits*
      AH! Beautiful - so much better! And I will earmark the note that there should only be one image per post within discussion threads ~ this was my first foray outside of Newbieland or Ask a Moderator. Now I'll find a gallery for the rest of the pictures.

10. No problem at all! If you need more help, please do ask :) I look forward to seeing your Gallery thread!

11. I have 14mm oval glass eyes in my Cien boy, but I think the actual iris size is closer to 12mm. These are also low dome eyes, which is much easier to fit his eye opening as they don't gap as much. 14mm (regular iris) might run a little big but still be ok. I think 16mm might be too big. I'll try to get some pics over the weekend (unless someone else posts some before that). ;)

Here's Rixx (yes he chose that name XD):
      [​IMG]

12. Ohhhhhh, guls207 - he's gorgeous! Thanks so much for the help; I think that definitely settles it for me. When you say dome size, do you mean the amount of glass over the colored part of the eye? And the iris is where the color begins, right? I thought the millimeters referred to the size of the entire eyeball, and didn't realize you could get 14mm eyes with 12mm irises. I think the company originally sold Cien with 16mm eyes (see here), but I really like the way the 14mm look on Rixx. I'm thinking of this set for my little lady, who hasn't told me her name yet:
      [​IMG]

13. Lol no problem! By dome size I meant the curvature of the actual eye, some eyes are more flat while others are highly rounded (which are good for dolls that have deep eye wells, but our little fairs don't have eye wells so low dome eyes would work the best). Usually bjd eye seller list the eyes under the diameter of the entire eye (white and colored part). The iris size is the size of the colored part only. It is possible to get say 12mm eyes with 6.0-6.5mm irises which give the typical 12mm eye "look," but it is also possible to get 12mm eyes with 7mm+ irises (although less common) which would give the appearance of 14mm eyes in a space where only a 12mm eye would fit. ^_^

Anyway! I'm really glad you like the 14mm look. :) Usually the company's recommended eye size can be sized up or down by one size to suit the doll owner's preference. For my mature characters, I like to scale down a size while for my younger characters, I like keeping the recommended size, but sometimes I'll go up a size.

Just a quick comparison of the 2 eye sizes:
      Cien with 14mm eyes:
      [​IMG]

Cien with 16mm eyes:
      [​IMG]

14. I think the 14mm looks best too, I think I have 14mm in my LF Angelica with the slightly open eyes, I have high dome plastics in her, which really don't sit well in her eye wells, but they were the only amber ones I could find.

15. Oooh! I just wanted to mention, if low domes are hard to find, you can try silicone eyes like eyeco. They are almost flat and great for hard to fit eyes. ;) They do tend to look a bit more realistic. I think SOOM single dome silicone eyes might work too.

16. Yeah, I love Eyeco but couldn't find this colour in their range. Might try Soom.

17. I am jumping for joy at those comparison pics!! The eyes are on order and will hopefully get here around the same time as her new wig late next week. HUZZAH!! *happy dance* :celebrate

18. I have a question for everyone here, my Ami, has what I am calling a broken leg, but her foot popped off and the hook which was in her foot looks like a screw, so I am not sure what to do about it. I will have to take pictures in the morning since it's late here.

19. Mine have done that. What you do is put a bit of superglue into the hole that's in the top of the foot, and stick the screw part back in there. I usually add an extra dab of glue around the base of the screw part once it's set back in there. If your hook part is still attached to the string and it's tight, slip a thick rod-like anything into the loop at the bottom of the leg part, so you've got the loop safely sticking out of the leg.

In fact...I had to repair one foot (although that one was on a BF rather than the AR body) - the hook had come off the cord, so it was separate. Repaired, put to dry -- and then we had bad weather events, and house changes, so there's still a foot missing in action around here. I finally made my boy an amputee so at least he was presentable for a meet!

20. Thank you so much~

I will have to work on that hehe. I was seriously freaking out.