1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angelheim 64cm Girl ZENA - 'Ice Queen' & 'Medusa'-Discussion Thread

Jun 3, 2010

1. I adore her face, but the elbows are putting me off a little. I agree she looks a bit underwhelming at first glance, but in the body shots her beauty becomes much more apparent. The breasts look fine to me and I think they would start looking weird if they were made much bigger, but that's just taste I guess :)

2. UHM...basing on AH measuraments the icy legs seems too small to be used on SG soom body...
      btw i'm not a fan of a basic jointed body,as soom one,so i like as well these two version of zena.
      Everyone had notice that Zena ice queen have resemblance to the witch of the Narnia Chronicles?
      Or it's just my impression...XD

3. I think the White Witch was designed somewhat like the classic Hans Christian Anderson Snow Queen. With such common imagery as "an ice crown" there's bound to be some resemblance between various incarnations.

4. Though with her fur cape and all, I did immediately think of the white queen. n__n Very ethereal.

I think I'm going to add Zena to my wishlist as a head... which means I'll be looking into resin matching and all that. If anyone has pictures of an Angelheim doll next to any other (any of the three skin tones would be fine, though I'm looking at the regular white skin), I would be intensely grateful.

5. I appear to be the opposite of most of the room...I hadn't seen her until now and I adore her face. There's something really nice about the medusa version and I think she might be perfect for a character I may get eventually. She looks so regal to me, I feel like I need to get her and turn her into a duchess or something.

6. I love those ice heels. I am not so crazy about her face though, and even with the right face up I think she will still look too masculine for me. I wonder what other companies heads would work on her body? Maybe I'll just wait for AH to sculpt a new girl head and see if I like that one better.

7. Uni-doll head could fits, IMO even soom SG female head, i have a Onyx RO head and her circunference is 22Cm, so i think it could fits even on AH female body as well.

8. Come to think of it, does Zena look a little like Zion? (Does that mean if we wanted her as a male we already HAVE a male Zena? OwO the names sound rather alike too.) But that just me, they look pretty alike and they sound pretty like too.

Indeed she does look a little masculine to be a girl but thats okay! I like her wig no less, though from the body pictures it DOES look like she's double jointed in BOTH the elbows and knees, but once more that could be me, but it does look like she's double jointed.

9. LOL! Firstly, I do think she has a resemblance to Zion, personally, particularly in the WS snow queen mode, but that may partly be due to faceup as well. I also expect a little of that. To me Dream of Doll and Luts both have kind of an overall 'house style' to their dolls. I can spot a DOD sculpt a million miles away, and since those were the first two doll companies that knocked me for a loop, there ya go. ;) So seeing a sort of resemblance like that comforts me in the sense that 'I like X scuplt, I will be more likely to admire other company sculpts as well' situation.

Now, all this 'head looks like a boy' sculpt, LOL! The last thing I worry about anymore in this hobby is 'boy-head' or 'girl-head'. If I'd ever had notions, I can guarantee you that the 'Soom Heliot as a girl and Soom Amber as a boy' scenarios would've cured me completely! I have both in their Soom-intended gender roles, ROTF! But a ton of people felt differently, and that seems perfectly fine with me. Heck, I thought Soom Cass was very feminine, saw her as a boy a couple of months back, and was completely bowled over. I honestly believe it's all in the faceup and the mind of the owner now. :)

Personally, I think she's amazing, and I'm pretty sure this is going to be the year of the non-limited for me between her and Shiva, aaa!

.hlp

10. Damn...she's growing on me!!!!

11. Uhmmm even to me Zena reminds me a bit of Zion, maybe the name it's quite the same as both come in medusa version, but maybe AH works with the same artist, so we could find resembalce between the male and the female sculpt, but definitely Zena isn't that much masculine...^^

12. Well pretty much usually masculine sculpts depends on the person *face palms from my own stupidity* I pretty much slipped that thought when I posted.

I'm the kind that goes for the elegant kind of females....sculpt wise and pretty much Zena doesn't fit into my 'feminine' category, maybe its cause I keep seeing a Zion in her XD

13. well maybe you're right, the first impression sometimes it's the one we keep in our mind forever ^^

14. I thought she looked like Zion too!
      Though I think only in the Ice Queen version but not so much the medusa version. Probably have something to do with the general colour scheme.
      That being said, I love her face. She is regal looking, I think the slight hint of masculinity (not a good way to put it is it?) might be what contributes to it.

That being said though, when Iplehouse released Jessica lots of people said she look very manly and very much like Evan, look how many gorgeous Jessicas are out there with a very strong personality. I think Zena will be the same way. :>

15. I've been waiting for the release of this ice queen and I'm feeling abit underwhelmed by her. I think alot of it may be her skin tone in the pictures, but I do love her fantasy parts! So inventive. I think her white eyelashes are very pretty as well, but unforunately her face just doesn't appeal to me. Oh well, I guess I'm safe from her.

Medusa is actually quite pretty tho, I suppose faceup can really change her look.

16. I like medusa much more then ice queen, as i've said also to me the sculpt dosen't appeal thta much, even if both faces, Medusa and ice queen, resembles the statues by Canova,an Italian sculptor of 1300.
      About ice queen Karleecakes prob is right, the WS of the ice queen does not make her justice in promo pics.

17. Hope it's okay to bump this thread up--I was wondering if anyone owns this lovely lady yet. ;) Depending on her resin color etc. I might want her body for my floating Nanuri head. Thanks~

18. I second that bump! I'd love to see any of these girls or their costumes in person.

19. The Medusa is adooooooooorable :D :love

And she looks like Lady D when she was young :)

20. I love her...in fact I ordered her LOL...last week, full set w/white skin, and faceup, I even managed to snag her wig. :aheartbea Now Ulqui (my sister's AS Van the count version) will have a girlfriend :)