1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell Studio Feedback (ALL)

Mar 5, 2010

1. COMPANY NAME
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. COMPANY NAME: Angell Studio

* What did you order?
      70cm tanned Antoine
      "Van's Dress"
      Shoes
      2 wigs
      a pair of red eyes
      tanned jointed hands

* When did you order?
      Dec 30, 2009

Quite possibly the best among doll companies! You can add Angell Studio's Lily on MSN and chat to her in real-time about your order. Being able to chat with her made it easy for me to make changes to my order (and I made several across three months).

Very easy. I took the layaway plan. Before I made each payment I talked to Lily who gave me the total amount I needed to pay.

After I completed my layaway he was shipped right away and he arrived 3 days later! That's a record!

Oh yes! I'd even say they deserve more money for what I got. My doll is beautifully tanned with no seamlines. The 3-piece outfit set was 90USD and it was gorgeous and even came with a necklace! To me the outfit looked like it should be more than 100 USD.

Better in person, I would say.

The most satisfied I've been with a doll product

N/A

Definitely! To be honest, I'm not a big fan of all their sculpts but I'd order from them again just for the pleasure of talking to Lily and acquiring their services. And that is saying a lot! Angell Studio does everything; custom faceup, custom tattoo, jointed hands, body blushing. Their dolls come in 4 or 5 different colours. They're amazing!

I would prefer first-hand. Like I said, it's not really the doll sculpt I'm after, it's the marvelous services they provide. I recommend everyone to order from this company directly!

3. * What did you order?
      1 x Emma earl dress
      1 x Taka yarn earl dress
      1 x 1/3 Aristocrat boots

* When did you order?

March 9th 2010

Good. Lily, the English customer services rep, kept me promptly updated on each stage of my order – which was a relief, as the website ordering system isn’t set up very well.

Initially, confusing. The website accepts the order and it appears you can pay right away via Paypal – but clicking on the link brings up an error message. You need to wait for Lily to email you an invoice; she will add on the shipping charge (via TNT, rather than EMS, but just as expensive – shipping for my clothes order was $25). Buyers should also be aware that Angell-Studio charge a 3.5% Paypal fee.

My package was shipped on March 13th – four days after my order. I received it on March 17th.

The clothes sets were moderately expensive (both around $80), but they seem nicely made and come with lots of parts (hat, shirt, jacket, trousers, socks). The shoes (around $20) are good quality.

Pleasingly, yes.

With the clothes, yes. I love them! My only niggles were having to pay the Paypal fee, and the packaging used to send the parcel – having spent over $200, and $25 on shipping alone, I expected to get the clothes in a box, rather than crammed into an airmail envelope designed for letters. Luckily, everything arrived intact, but I wasn’t very impressed.

N/A.

Possibly.

Yes.

4. COMPANY NAME
      * What did you order? sd pants sd shirt sd scaled pocket watch 2 fur wigs 1 tibetan wig
      * When did you order?March 12
      * How was the communication? Great, Lily got back to me the next day
      * How easy was it to pay? Once Lily emailed me the paypal address it was great
      * How long did it take to ship? 1week by EMS
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes very
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? exactly
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Extremely
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N?A
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Of course!

5. When AS released 'The Legend of General Huaxi' I jumped at the chance to order the Dragon Spear from the limited accessories.

I ordered via email, and after a mix up - I was send someone else's order info - I received confimation of my order. I paid via paypal. I got a confirmation of postage email with pictures of the spear and a link to track my parcel. The link didn't work - strike one.

My package was delivered this morning. I paid for EMS shipping, which was almost as much again as the spear cost - opening the courier bag I found a black postage bag with the end of the spear shaft poking out. The bag had been clumsily wrapped with clear tape into a lumpy bundle - strike two.

Anticipation turned to dissapointment. The spear was wrapped loosely in a layer of bubble wrap and the spear shaft was broken cleanly in two. The spearhead and end had also been very sloppily wrapped together, causing rub marks on the sliver painted blade. There was no indication on the bag that the contents were fragile - the spear was bundled up and sent - strike three.

While I'm pleased with the spear itself - made from heavy resin and pained a bright gold then aged, the dissapointment of finding a broken item poorly wrapped after paying so much in postage will make me re-think about buying from AS again. I have contacted AS and when I get home I will take some photos for this post.

6. Hello =^-^=
      Tks so much for your help about the photos, we have taken action to deal with EMS about your case.
      This is the worstest things ever happened!
      We do not allow they just pass over it without any explain.
      I will inform you via mail if any news!
      Thanks you so much for your understanding and Sorry for this tragic thing!!
      Welcome everyone to contact our admin if any problem^o^
      We are always here to help out whenever need be!

7. Hello =^-^=
      Tks so much for your help about the photos, we have taken action to deal with EMS about your case.
      This is the worstest things ever happened!
      We do not allow they just pass over it without any explain.
      I will inform you via mail if any news!
      Thanks you so much for your understanding and Sorry for this tragic thing!!
      Welcome everyone to contact our admin if any problem^o^
      We are always here to help out whenever need be!

8. I am glad that I can finally get back on angel studios for it got what I really want in the dolls and outfit.

9. I've been in email contact with Teresa over the past couple of days - she has been very sweet and keen to fix the problem. Today I received an email saying that the spear shaft would be replaced with no cost to me.

After re-reading the above post I'd like to say that my dissapointment was speaking that day - I'm happy with the spear itself and happy that AS has taken the time to look into what happened.

25/05/10 EDIT: the replacement shafts arrived today very well packaged in a cardboard tube and smothered in bubblewrap. Many thanks to Teresa for all her help. I am now a happy customer!

10. COMPANY NAME: Angell Studio
      * What did you order? 2 outfits
      * When did you order? April 2010
      * How was the communication? amazing. I ordered on the site, which then malfunctioned and my order disappeared. AS contacted me, several times, to help sort my order out via email/paypal and all was well. They contacted me again at shipping with photographs of my order pre-packaging and my EMS tracking number.
      * How easy was it to pay? hard because the site malfunctioned the first time, but very simple once they contacted me with their paypal details direct.
      * How long did it take to ship? less than a month.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES! The items are gorgeous.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? down to the very last detail.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? most definitely
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? as long as it had been well cared for

11. COMPANY NAME - Angell Studio

What did you order?
      XiBao w/faceup + Outfit, black maryjane shoes and blue eyes
      When did you order?
      04/19/2010
      How was the communication?
      Excellent - Teresa always answered my emails quickly
      How easy was it to pay?
      Once I found the paypal address it wasn't too bad
      How long did it take to ship?
      My package shipped 05/13/2010 and arrived 05/18/2010 - the fastest shipping I have ever heard of, plus beofre shipping I was sent photos of my package, which was awesome.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Abso-total-utly
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      She matches quite well
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very satisfied
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A
      Would you order from this company again?
      Yes!
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      It depends on how well the item has been taken care of, but probably

Pic of Jia Li - my Angell Studio XiBao:
      [​IMG]

12. COMPANY NAME Angell-studio
      * What did you order? Dora,eyeballs, hair.
      * When did you order? Feb. 2010
      * How was the communication? great,their customer services rep. help me a lot during that period.they repied my questions paitiently and cares about my doll much.XDD
      * How easy was it to pay?through bank transfer quicklyXD
      * How long did it take to ship? they told me the tracking NO. after they pakaged my girl , my parcel arrived on 26th March.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?really good,their goods are in high quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?actually i think she is more beautiful than she was on the web~:D
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes,of course.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?N/A
      * Would you order from this company again?of course,and i'm considering to take their MOMO home.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?i think ,it depends.

13. * What did you order?
      Gneral HuaxiLimited Suit(Global limited for 100sets)

* When did you order?
      May 7th 2010

The English rep was super sweet and helpful the entire time! She was very clear with what she needed from me and very clear when answering the questions I had.

Very easy. I simply put a note in my order asking them to email me with the subtotal and sent it via paypal.

The outfit shipped /very/ quickly! With in the same week I ordered!!

Yes, most definitely. I see similar items on other sites going for 2-300 USD more than listed here.
      Yes, they looked exactly the same.

Extremely!

N/A I loved the product.

I'm saving for my next order as I type this ;)

Second hand? Only if the item is sold out. Otherwise I'd buy directly from the company. :) they are such sweethearts.

Thank you all so much!! I love this outfit!! :aheartbea:aheartbea

Also here is a picture of the outfit on a Volks SD 13 Boy. (minus the cute dragon helm.)
      [​IMG]

14. Angell Studio
      * What did you order? Luxifa head and some clothes/accessories (also ordered several times before, this is not my first order from AS. Already bought 2 bodies 60 cm and 70 cm and 2 dolls - Lucifer Ltd and Abel pink, but here is info about my latest order)
      * When did you order? 2 March, 2010
      * How was the communication? Quite good!
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy for those, who know paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 7 weeks
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think, yes. Thus I guess you need to produce some high-quality clothes and price it higher then.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes! And it's great.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I was satisfied
      * Would you order from this company again? Sure!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? If the product (e.g. Limited dolls) are sold-out on the site - then yes.

15. Angell Studio
      What did you order? 70+ Yandi's dress
      When did you order? 13.04.2010
      How was the communication? wonderfull; quickly, helpful, nicely; Thank you, Teresa! :chocoberry
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy, paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? 2,5 weeks
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. Possibly the price might be higher than now, with such excellent quality.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, but I think real item is much prettier than picture.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, totally satisfied.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      Would you order from this company again? of course
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand? If the item sold out forever, yes, then second hand. But I'm willing to wait and buy item at this company first-hand, they are very good. :aheartbea

16. Angell Studio
      * What did you order?
      1/4 Mandarava Head, Senior Girl Body, Cat Ears, Extra Hands (in translucent milk french resin), Mandarava wig
      * When did you order?
      March 13, 2010
      Excellent! Very quick responses (24-48 hours) to questions, including some answers with pictures even to help explain things.
      Pretty easy - just wait for the e-mail and they will tell you how much and give the e-mail address to make payment. (They add price of PayPal fee - be warned!)
      2 months (shipped May 13)
      Better than, maybe, even. Wonderful quality for the price. :3
      Pretty close - the faceup ended up being a little less heavy (but I actually like it better this way ^^). The body looks even better in person than it does in the company pictures!!
      Definitely <3
      I was satisfied with everything I received - but I did ask for fist hands in my order, which I did not get. I e-mailed Teresa about this and the same day had a response that solved the problem. It was excellent. :3
      Definitely. Will be ordering again, in fact. ;3
      Probably - don't see why not? ^^; I buy lots on DoA...

Picture of the wonderfulness that is the Mandarava mold (my Aniqa):
      [​IMG]

17. Angell Studio
      * What did you order? Headphones <3
      * When did you order? 27 April
      * How was the communication? REALLY GOOD! The english is amazing and one point I got my e mail replied 4 times(!) in one day! Quick replies and always very very kind <3
      * How easy was it to pay? Well I think it worked out well. Once I got an email from Terasa things worked out so well!
      * How long did it take to ship? Two weeks! How nice is not that? and than the volcano where in the way too so it would have taken less if not the ashes been in the way <3
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much soo. The headphones looks great and they work for real if you plug them in!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes! Even better!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? VERY MUCH!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? YES!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? If the person taken care of them, yes <3

18. * What did you order?
      AS Senior Tiny Boy body in Custom Gray-Skin (to match my extra Soom Bygg head), 1/6 black stomper boots. (I also received free pair of peace-sign and pointer hands)
      * When did you order?
      March 19, 2010
      Excellent. They normally replied within 24-48 hours. Teresa was also wonderful and sent advanced pictures of my order so I could see the resin match before they shipped the body out!
      Payment was easy (Paypal) but it would have been more convenient if AS had a module installed on their shopping cart to calculate shipping right when you order (instead of them having to send an email with the total later). Not terrible, but a little inefficient.
      They were able to ship about a month after they received the sample part I sent them for matching purposes. This was exactly within the timeline I was given. He came in a nice, little zippered pillow, just like my Soom baby.
      The price was... acceptable. Getting a custom-matched resin color cost $80 on top of the cost of the body (plus $30 to EMS them the sample part and $30 return shipping on my order). That is - I suppose - just the thing you have to deal with when you love exotic resin colors like gray.

The resin matches perfectly and is wonderfully smooth, not a seam-line in site. I paid almost as much for this body as I did for my Soom Bygg and that doll still has seams!!!! The 1/6 senior boy is a little larger and chubbier than the svelte Soom body. I thought the proportions would be more similar (the measurements on AS site gave that impression), but I'm not disappointed.
      With exception of the resin color - yes.
      Definitely! He's adorable and I'm so glad to have a body for my other gray baby.
      Yes! Definitely.
      If the item was well cared for.

My adorable gray babies. The dark haired boy in the back is the one wearing the Angell-Studio body. (also showing off the extra hands he came with)
      [​IMG]

19. COMPANY NAME Angell Studio
      * What did you order? some clothes, wig, eyes, acsessories
      * When did you order? 19.04.2010
      * How was the communication? Excelant! Teresa carried about me and ask me about any wishes ^_^
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? some days, may be 5 or 6
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Amazing... as always :) especially the dress was absolutly beautiful!!! And the headphones are really working! They play music! ...so I must buy a real mp3 player for my doll :D
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? for 100% :)
      * Would you order from this company again? yes, of course

20. * What did you order?
      16mm Eyes
      1/3 Girl Punk Dress
      1/3 Headphones (A2)

* When did you order?
      5/29/2010

Smooth and easy. Teresa was eager to help.

Once I got the total in an email it was no problem. (I use Paypal regularly)

It shipped on 6/2/2010 and arrived on 6/5/2010 (a Sat.) Pretty fast I'd say.

Yup!

The eyes and headphones were exactly as pictured (the headphones work too)
      The clothes do as well, except the little crosses looked silver in the picture and they are gold (bronze), which is fine as they match the chains better. Also the stockings look different than pictured. However, it did come with underwear, which wasn't even mentioned on the site as part of the set. So all in all I'd say it's certainly a good product.

Yup! (Though, I'm still waiting on my E-an so I hope it all fits. >.<)

There were no problems.

Yup!

Maybe, but not because of the company, I'm just picky about pre-owned stuff. I like getting it new.