1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell Studio KiD 1/4 Discussion Part 1

Jun 20, 2007

1. Thanks! I'm really excited to finally have her home, she was a dream doll for a long time!

2. Hiya. I'm just wondering why these dolls only appear to be in one skin colour on Angell Studio's website, yet on Mint on Card, there are a variety of tones. Is this something unique to being a dealer or..? Are certain skintones limited?

Edit: Also is it recommended to go through a dealer?

3. Most of the dolls are available in multiple skin tones on the Angell-Studio site. The available skin tomes are listed across under the price range, When you select a skin tone, the price of that skin tones will be shown, They are very helpful. If you want a skin tone not listed, ask at the bottom of the page. I like ordering directly from Angell-Studio. They even email you pictures of the face-up for approval!

4. Thanks for that Nancy!

Maybe I'll get lucky and find one on the Marketplace one day. ^^ Otherwise EMS shipping from China shouldn't be expensive.

5. I'm so excited! I finally caved in and contacted Angell Studio about Cygnus, who some may remember I've been eyeing for some time... Not only are they going to let me purchase a Cygnus head over a layaway, but they are going to custom match her skin tone to another company body I already have! I have nothing but good things to say about this company. I've never experienced such quick communication from any other company. We exchanged eleven emails in one evening, usually I'm lucky to get a reply once a day for most companies! I'm very, very impressed.

Now the waiting game... hopefully I can pay off my layaway quickly!

6. That's awesome Affinite!! Congrats on ordering the head and getting it resin matched! That'll make your life much easier!

7. Just finished my first crocheted dress and made a little photoset with Rebecca:
      [​IMG]
      Crocheted dress by taecelle, on Flickr

8. Oh she's beautiful! That dress turned out stunning.

9. It's been so quiet here... Have some spam!

[​IMG]
      Elandril stole a different dress out of the MSD outfit drawer. It's rather cute on her!

10. Hello, I am sorry to bump with no content, but could someone please direct me to owner pics of Rhea? He seems uncommon for some reason. Or else I don't know how to search well.

11. She's so cute, who did her face up?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

12. AFFINITE: Did you keep her? would love to know what you think? I like the mold as far as company pics. Seems very nice. What body did you put the head on ? did the color match would love to see naked shots!

13. I ordered Mandarava ver2/y a few months ago, and AS just mailed me photos of her beautiful face to confirm the faceup!! <3 I cannot wait to have her home.

[​IMG]

14. *pokes dead board*

My Mandarava came in, and I finally decided on a wig for her. <3 I think she's one of the most beautiful dolls I've ever seen <3 I'm so happy to have her.

[​IMG]

15. Mandarava is beautiful! I like the wig you have chosen!

16. Thank you so much! it took me quite a while to decide on her wig. I liked how she looked in red, but I wanted her to look more subdued, so I figured blonde would be a better color for that. :o I like this effect.

I feel like AS MSDs aren't posted very often, which seems sad to me :( I hope there are many other pretty Mandaravas out there though! I think this girl is my favorite doll. <3

17. @wherethelilacsbloom

Your Mandarava is so beautiful! So sweet and soft. ^_^

I've got to post some pics of my Amy girl, Cecilia. Has anyone else run into trouble photographing their AS translucent-resin dolls? Every time I give it a go, something about her looks off, almost...unnatural. Maybe the posing...is it just me? Does anyone have this problem or have any suggestions? I just need to go into the yard someday with her in tow and PRACTICE!

18. Has anyone here seen the new 2016 1/4 body (female) in person ? Im wondering if it is as amazing as it looks in the pictures.

19. @RaineFournier - Thank you <3 <3 I'd love to see your Amy :D My Mandarava (Elia) is a solid resin, so I unfortunately can't really answer your question there. :)

@E-Beth - I have not seen it, yet. But I am going to be ordering Dawn fairly soon. I'll let you all know how it is when I get her :D

20. My Gus is here and all my nerves about him are gone! The translucent resin is so nice and so pretty, he's bald and naked and has no face, but I already can't stop taking pictures of him