Angell Studio Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      Two pairs of ballet flats for 1/3 girl, and one pair of fancy black shoes for 1/3 guy.
      * When did you order?
      November 21st 2012
      Yes, definitely.
      Spot on.
      Very much so.
      Positive: They look like real shoes
      Negative: I really had to fight to get the flats on my Zaoll's feet (a bit small in the toe area), but that's more a problem with her feet than anything.
      Yes, their shoes are really nice.

[​IMG]

3. * What did you order?
      I have ordered two dolls and some accessories.
      * When did you order?
      between November 2013 and december 2013.
      yes the quality of these dolls is lovely. I do not understand why they are not more popular. But yes both my girls are lovely. I have a msd sized dina and a sd sized qingxue.
      yes they both looked like the pictures.
      I was overly satisfied. Warning though the SD sized girls are in-between sizes for sd13 and sd16, mainly because of there size.
      the Msd size is very close to slim minifee size which is really nice. the sd size is very annoying at times because of its in-betweenness. There face ups from angel-studio are very sweet so if you don't want a sweet looking doll then don't order a face up from them.
      yes, i would, both these dolls were well worth the money :) sorry i do not know how to add pictures yet from my mac.

4. * What did you order?
      A 1/6 Starry Body in solid butter
      * When did you order?
      December 2014
      It was a little more money than I expected to spend on a 1/6 body that has a solid torso, but the quality is actually really great. The arms and legs are double jointed and it poses really nicely. The resin was sanded smooth and it has absolutely no seam lines.
      Yes.
      Yes and no.
      Positive: beautiful doll body made with high quality resin, not a terrible wait period (just 2 months and it actually shipped 1 month after I ordered). Negatives: the 1/6 Angell-Studio Baby Gus head I had intended to put on this body was a terrible match. The proportions were off, the neck was too short, and the head won't stay on without pulling to one side or the other. Also the difference in the color was astonishing. I know the head has not yellowed that badly, so getting a color match to a previous order is probably going to be a hassle.
      I'm going to say maybe not based on my interaction with the company (which I will elaborate on in the customer service section of reviews). If I wasn't just a bit frustrated with them right now, I would have to be honest and say that the quality of their products is really high and as long you ask questions prior to ordering, or if you order full dolls instead of trying to match two separate parts, then you really can't go wrong.

[​IMG]

5. * What did you order?
      Youth doll 1/3 Kana with Body-blushing & Face-up

* When did you order?

Yeah, totally.

No, I was quite disappointed. I've purchased this doll because I really liked her lips style, but the lips turned out to be so far from what I waited.
      They're so simple and anime style which is not my taste and not even close to the soft shapely lips as pictured in the sales photos.

Well if it wasn't for the lips the doll is pretty great. The body-blushing is the best I've ever seen, super gorgeous manicure, the face-up is quite beautiful, really unique eyebrow style.
      The body is very solid at standing and she poses well.

Items: yes absolutely. Dolls no! Those darn lips... yeah okay I'm obsessive.

6. * What did you order?--70+ new hands in solid butter

* When did you order?--April 2, 2015

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?--Absolutely. The resin is absolutely gorgeous, and the sculpting is exquisite.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?--Yes, they did. There were enough clear pictures that I had a pretty good idea of exactly how big the hands were, which was important since I was getting them for another company's doll.

* Were you satisfied with the product?--Extremely. It was good luck on my part, but the resin match was perfect without blushing, and they fit exactly as I expected.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)--Nothing really negative to report. The resin is so nice to touch, it has a marvelous tooth to it, and the sculpting is beautiful around the nails.

* Would you buy more from this company?--Yes, I would love to. I'm actually planning on it. :)

7. What did you order?
      angell studio chiyu limited fullset
      * When did you order?
      november 3rd 2014 (layaway)
      yes very beautiful and nice to pose
      yes very much like his picture i opted for body blushing as well :)
      very much satisfied!
      positives:
      company responds very quickly to messages! are always polite and if something goes wrong they will try their best to make you satisfied
      their dolls are as described and the company pictures are accurate with the doll in real life
      the quality and work gone into the clothes are amazing as well! :D
      negatives:
      well for the quality and workmanship these dolls really dont have a negative aspect, the pricing is reasonable for the quality that goes into these dolls :D
      yes! they have the best sculpts, if i had known about them sooner i would have been a long loyal customer but i have only heard about them recently in my 3 years of being in this hobby! i will be supporting them in the future! :D

8. * What did you order?
      1/3 YOUTH Xi Shi - Solid Butter

* When did you order?

Januari 2016

The first impression is it did not look sturdy enough and there are some parts of the thin resin near the wrist

Yes !

Yes , absolutely !

Positive : Altough it did not look sturdy enough but actually Angell Studio has a very good Quality
      Negative : I don't know if this happens only to me or not , but she's a little bit difficult to pose . Especially in the legs . she's stand not to sturdy . I felt her legs have a length of several MM difference on ankle section . So yeah :huh?: I think i should buy a new pair of legs for her.

Yes if there is a character that i like :whee:

9. * What did you order?
      Ancient Chinese clothing Snow

* When did you order?
      September 16, and they were quick to give a tracking number.

Oh yes. It's amazingly detailed, and well put together.

Definitely

Yep. The delicate things like the hairclip were wrapped in bubble wrap withing the package to keep everything nice when it arrived.

Fortunately it was soft clothes, because the box looked like it had been used by every team in the World Cup for practice. The box wasn't punctured, and the clothes weren't damaged though.

Only downside is that the belt is a bit too narrow for my SD13, but I had measured beforehand and understood that. I'm planning on getting an SD17 next year anyway, but I was worried they might sell out of this outfit before I had a doll it would fit, so it will just be stored neatly for now.

Definitely. I might go for one of their dolls next instead of another Volks

10. * What did you order?
      Angell-studio Bing Yi, custom purple
      * When did you order?
      Oh Lordy... like... October or November 2016, and she came in in like late december early January
      I think they could have charged me so much more for the colour and I'd still have said I was gettting a deal
      Not remotely, unless you squint at the sculpt. She's dark purple. The sales pics are NS
      I'm in love
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      Negative: she's strung with really thick string, and I'm not strong enough to restring her
      Positives: even resin colour despite it being dark, beautiful body and face. Decent poser.
      In a heartbeat.

11. * What did you order?
      Angell-Studio Ty on the 68cm body in tan.

* When did you order?
      I ordered in late December 2017.

Yeah! He's my most expensive doll so far, even though I ordered him during a sale, but I can already tell he is easily the best poser of the lot and his sculpting is amazing, so delicate and graceful and detailed. The resin feels nice, solid and smooth as well.

Yes, if not better. A-S has great blank pictures of their heads and he matches it exactly. And being able to see him from all sorts of different angles is a revelation. DAT NOSE!

More than satisfied.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      Positives: Great poser, stands like a rock, expressive sculpt, suits the character he's shelling perfectly.
      Negatives: He's strung a little tight, but I've come to expect that with these big guys. >_> Also, I feel like the tan's a little pale, though the company did say they'd make it a little darker at no extra cost. I'm not sure if they actually did, since I have no other tan A-S dolls to compare. Compared to my other tan doll, he is much paler, but I still do like the color! It's a wonderful cool tone.

I was already planning on buying more from them, but the high quality and great service I received have cemented that.

12. * What did you order?
      Yang Yuhuan in solid butter resin, shy yang Yuhuan face up, orchid hands, 65cm clothes, and 1/3 youth ancient wig.
      * When did you order?
      December 23rd, 2017
      Yes! The clothes are well made, the wig is very soft, there's no seam lines to speak of at all, and the faceup is just as stunning as in the pictures.
      For the most part, yes. The faceup has minor differences, but is rather complicated so that is expected, but the wig I ordered was also a fair bit darker than depicted.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very. They were very timely in my opinion, as well.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product.
      Positive: They sent preview photos of the faceup to make sure it looked close enough for my tastes, which I've never had a company do before which was very appreciated.
      Negative: The physical shipping box arrived okay, but the inside doll box was torn at almost every corner, making it completely useless outside of the shipping container box. And with the outside box fine, it lead me to believe that they sent the box like that. If everything hadn't been packaged so safely inside on top of that, I would have been furious, but because everything was also individually wrapped, I just moderately annoyed. I like keeping the boxes.
      If something catches my eye, certainly!

13. * What did you order?
      1/3 Pink and purple curl wig

* When did you order?
      I ordered the wig through Legend Doll on January 30, 2019. It shipped on March 17, 2019 and arrived on March 26, 2019.

I think it was priced well for the value and quality of the wig. :)

Yes, the colors are so pretty in real life!

Yes, the wig is really soft and the color is not different from the pictures! I am very satisfied with the item.

Positive: I have purchased a ton of wigs, but this wig was packaged on a Styrofoam head sculpt in the hair net instead of the typical stuffing. It was a first for me and I thought it was neat.

Yes, I definitely want to own at least one of their dolls in the future! :whee:

14. What did you order?
      • Angell Studio SD Head.
      • Angell Studio Jointed Hands.

When did you order?
      • 2018, March

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      • Yes! The overall presentation of their box and COA is really amazing. Looks very luxurious almost like a present and an invitation card from a wedding, wow!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      • Yes.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      • Yes.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      • Great engendering for the head. It has this faceplate machanism that makes it a lot easier to change the doll's clothes.
      • Jointed Hands are so easy to pose and holds poses very well!
      • Their 'whitest' skin turns out to be not white enough? Its sort of like and old milk in colour where I was expecting it to be more or a paper white.

Would you buy more from this company?
      • Definitely!