1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Doll At All

Apr 21, 2023

1. If you could own any doll regardless of any barriers stopping you (price, availability, etc.) which doll would it be? I think personally mine would be a popovy sisters Quetzal, I fell in love with that sculpt the second I saw it but I don’t believe the sisters are selling it anymore. I would also love to own a fullset by them but I don’t have the money for that kind of purchase. I’m interested in hearing what kind of dolls you guys would own if you had access to all options available.

2. Ah, things I simply couldn't afford, a wonderful topic :XD:

Dust of Dolls Doom Bomi (maybe one of their 1/4 but you know, go big or go home), a Lillycat (there are several), a Peakswoods (once again, tons I like), some of the old volks limiteds like Shiro Tachibana or Williams (and others) -- always wanted an sd16 girl, several different special Souldoll models have come and gone like Shiva, some colorful elves a few years ago, and the souloids. I've really, really wanted a Fairyland chicline guy forever or the old Feeple 65 girls, let's see... So many dolls :sweat I'd buy Soom Phonolus again and poor Luts general in dark warriors Regen (I'm sorry Regen! I miss you :...() I also really love Pasha Pasha dolls...
      It goes on and on. I've always been only on the fringe of the hobby financially, so I see a lot pass me by.

3. It is hard when money is an issue, my taste in dolls ranges from expensive to super expensive :sweat but it is nice to know there’s always a chance to find the doll of your dreams on the secondhand market

4. @Yakutie Yeah well I couldn't typically afford the second hand prices on any of these either. ;) I'm fine though, somehow I managed to have too many dolls as it is, so I'm joking around more than actually complaining :hug:

5. Feeple 70 Ashley... I missed out on someone selling her in 2021 cause I couldn't justify the cost at the time, I regret it and I hope to one day find her for sale again.

6. There used to be several DOD, Ringdoll, and DZ dolls I wanted; but right now; all I want is a Fairyland Pukipuki Cupid 3.

7. There's a couple of Volks sculpts I'd love to own that I may never get, mainly the Michele and Diamond. Then there's also a Luts Bliss boy in real brown. That one's super available I just need the space/money.

8. Hmm....It's hard for me to come up with very specific bjds for this. I wouldn't mind finding another one of Lumedoll's MSD boys to be my Atik's companion, and there's an SD elf boy of theirs that I'd love to eventually obtain. Besides that...probably Batchix's Clever Little, or their Dark Elf boy.

If I were to go the animal bjds route, it'd be one of Iple's kitties. Doesn't really matter which one—I'd just love to have one.

For the more super specific, the main one(s) that comes to mind would be either Plaice or Ransom from Impldoll. It'll depend really on which one better fits the OC I plan to shell them as. Both could work. I might actually get both at some point.

Probably listed more than I should've, so I guess if I were to pick a specific one from those listed...I'd say Impldoll Plaice/Ransom:kitty2.

9. Mine wouldn't be a BJD.

Teddy

10. Mine would be a Popovy, too, probably a Tawny Owl. I'd also like to get a Tender Creation doll or any of the other dolls from Russian artists that are now almost impossible to get because of the war.

11. I feel like I already responded to something similar about a million years ago. Déjà vu is a repetitive occurrence when you're an old-fart, I guess. DX

I have too many BJD I missed from ancient times, so it's hard to say which one doll I would want over so many others (the list is not endless, but way more than ten maybe?). However, SoulDoll Haughty Paris, would probably be it for me, if I could magically make that happen.

If I could have more, it would also include SoulDoll Little Kimmy, LatiDoll White Laches (grown up ones would be nice too), and Egoips Marius. All brand new, freshly cast just for me -- no second market BJD for me, thank you (I read those things people did/do to their BJD, in the privacy of their homes. As a big old-germaphobe-weirdo, I rather not)! (:

12. I would sell a kidney for one of the Cuatros Dolls wolves. Any color, any condition (though in the dream world, I'd want white lol). Just....I have such a mighty need, but at this point I highly doubt one would even pop up on the secondhand market. The people who were lucky enough to grab one when they were available are holding them close, for good reasons xD

I also have a love and desire for one of the slim spirit doll boys, something about their bodies speaks to me but I can't justify spending ~1,000$ on an MSD size blank doll so that'll be a "if I win the lottery" type of purchase xD

13. I’ve always utilized extended layaways to fit dolls into my budget, so even if the doll was especially expensive, I’ve still managed to bring it home somehow. And fortunately I’ve never been into the smaller artist doll ateliers where such a thing wouldn’t work. My personal doll aesthetic has always been perfectly met through easily accessible dealers and kindly accommodating persons on the second-hand market. But the one doll who, after so many years, I’d love to get would be that gorgeous Iplehouse Luo. He was a mainstay of their EID line forever until he was finally discontinued. My problem at the time was his enormous size…and I could never quite come up with an appropriate character for him, which made him a no-go. But oh my, that was one gorgeous hunk of resin!

14. Mine would be a Peakswoods Hunky Dory (the opened-eyed version) in urban brown. But, I don't think that specific sculpt has been available in that color for a long time. And it doesn't help that Denver Doll doesn't carry Peakswoods anymore, so it's hard to get a flexible layaway since their 4 month layaways just wouldn't work for me.

15. Apart from the dolls on my wishlist, there's a bunch of sculpts from Luts and Soom I'd get, simply because they're pretty.
      Aaand, something that's been on my mind recently, if Luts were to release Titan in that huge Royal Delf size of theirs, he would be right there on the list. No idea what I'd do with that size and he wouldn't be housing one of my own characters (something I don't do), but he's so handsome I can't even X3

16. I am going to take a twist on that one! If I didn’t need to worry about funds I’d buy dolls that I am curious about, but do not find them fitting into my aesthetic.

So I’d definitely try Volks and Minifees - some sculpts are growing on me, but not to a point I am willing to pay for them just to have „classic” in my collection.

Other than that, probably some artistic dolls - PhoenixDolls Liu head and DD-Anne Venus comes to mind.

17. I'm going to second silmaryel, if I didn't have to worry about cost or availability I'd also get dolls that I like/am curious about but know I wouldn't be able to justify buying!

I know I'd have more fun with female sculpts and wouldn't really feel like photographing a male model on its own (or building a wardrobe for it ontop of the cost of purchasing it), but if cost wasn't an issue, I'd snatch up some of Loongsoul's beautiful sculpts (Fox Xin Yue Hu, Gui Po Qu Ting - Ji Shui Bao, or Min Yan come to mind), Telethesia's, or Angell-Studio's Song Yu (Sports version). Alternatively I'd get some of Phoenix Mystery's dolls! I like their girls enough to consider purchasing them, but they'd be all the more enticing if I didn't have to worry about the price tag, haha. There are some beautiful female Switch, Little Monica, and Migidoll sculpts that have also caught my eye but aren't available at the moment, and I don't know if they'll come back, so those are also contenders.

18. Mine would be Volks: Marie, SD10 Williams and a couple of more, with Shinku somewhere. But I also want to believe I could afford at least one of them one day!! And start to save for that one special grail in the distant future ❤️

19. I would get a hairless cat BJD. Company/artist/sculpt wouldn't even matter as long as it was 1/3 scale. There are a few out there, but most of them cost as much or more than a basic 1/3 human doll, and I just can't justify spending more on a pet than the doll itself. I keep hoping that I'll get lucky and find a new legit artist that offers them at a lower price, but with all the work it takes to sculpt, cast, sand and string something like that, I totally understand why they're not cheaper. It just means I won't be getting one. :(