Any non-bjd words/things that makes you think of BJD?

Feb 26, 2019

1. A random thought that turns to a thread because I'm curious...
      Some examples just in case my title sounds confusing:
      1) I go to Karate classes, and just before the class starts/after the class finishes, our sensei would say "face-up!" So we line up and bow to each other. Every time he says that, I couldn't help to giggle a bit inside XD
      2) My dad, who is very much interested in my dolls but does not understand the bjd-lingo, called my BJD a "GDP" once???? (To be fair, he doesn't speak a lot of English either)
      I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair, and after that, I immediately think of this funny incident whenever I see/hear the word GDP.
      Any similar stories? ^w^

2. SD card. Like for a camera. Every time, my brain hits a snag on that one haha.

I find that the opposite is more often true, that I end up wanting to use BJD-related terminology for other situations and then people just end up confused. Like when my mom was acting really high-strung and snappy, I warned my sister she was being "kicky." Haha and the other day when my husband wanted to buy a side table that would have been too small for what we needed I said it wasn't to scale.

3. Earlier this month, I was at a Warhammer shop. I drooled over the displays and asked what the biggest scale their settings came in. The answer: too small to turn into houses for my BJDs.

4. I work at a postal unit and I giggle every time this one particular customer comes in and ships things to her family in Florida. They live in Lutz.

5. Less related to BJDs; I'm a former lifeguard and we abbreviate Emergency Medical Services as EMS. I'm always reminded of the shipping service whenever I go back through my textbook and vice versa when I'm paying for overseas shipping for a doll haha

6. Just imagine :love

Mine would have to be in the opening theme song for friends "my love lifes DOA..."
      Would that make Den of Angel's a dating site for people, or for dolls??:ablink:

7. When I got my first BJD my friend choked on their drink. Their mind had interpreted it as "BJ" Doll with the BJ standing for a sex act. Hence a major misunderstanding about the nature of the doll in question.

8. My friends all thought that too when I first told them lolol...

9. OH YIIIIIS! The reverse is also true... My skin got a lot darker during the summer (Australian sun I hate you), and my dolly friend joked about my skin "mellowing" from NS to tan skin.....
      I CAN'T!!!! XD

10. Yep, had the same situation over here! I just refer to them as "art dolls" to prevent any misunderstandings. :lol:

11. Not sure if I'm on the right page here... I just followed an Instagramer who has adopted about 7 teacup size toy poddles and maltese dogs. Watching their vids really put a smile on my face. They were beautiful and cute in those little pet costumes! Makes me want to own a puppy and a persian cat one day. When I did a search on the price, i was surprised that the price for a teacup is about $5000. For a toy poddle it's about $1800-$2000. This made me feel less guilty having a SOOM bjd and an Iplehouse dolls. At least owning a bjd, i dont need to buy food or take them to a vet (bjd doctor) - so that's some saving for me. Having said that, I still want a pet one day. This feeling reminded me of when I was young I was desperate to own one bjd.

12. Check your local shelter! A lot of people end up giving their pets up for adoption once they realize that a pet costs so much more than the initial purchase cost-even and arguably ESPECIALLY purebreds, teacups, etc. We adopted our teacup chihuahua for $80. She's actually smaller than my doll is. :lol: Pets at a shelter will usually require a lot of time, energy, and love (mine had some serious abandonment issues when we first got her), so that is one thing to keep in mind.

13. For me its theres a thing at work. I work at a deli/bakery and everytime I make the sheets up to pull all the bread for the next day, I abbreviate sourdough to SD. Makes me smile every time>.<

14. At the non-profit where I work part-time, there's a job title of MSC. It stands for Medicaid Service Coordinator (basically a social worker). But I knew MSC as a face-up sealant first.

15. The tire machines at work have CP written on the side. I think of « CP chiwoo/woosoo/etc. » :lol:

16. OMG! I live close to Lutz and never thought of that! I will never think of it the same way again when I hear it on the news!

17. When anyone talks about "unnecessary things that cost way too much" :...(

18. I tend to do the opposite I think. I tend to measure things by BJD standard and confuse people. But definitely if I see SD or many other abbreviations we use.